Reputation Points - Discussion

• Thread starter G.T
  • 690 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
live4speed
Allt he admin automatically got it, the mods were given the ability to give themselves the badge off the bat if they wanted to or to wait until it get's built up like everyone else.
Ahh. Thanks, l4s.

Famine
Just like to blow that one out of the water - there isn't a single sub-300 pointer with the badge, even on the staff.
Whoa, somehow I missed the indigo post. Not that this is important to me, but just out of curiosity, are you suggesting that Swift didn't take the badge off by choice?

Famine
Just like to blow that one out of the water - there isn't a single sub-300 pointer with the badge, even on the staff.
Maybe not, but according to Jordan that doesn't mean a mod can't give himself the badge if want's, that probably means by altering his rep himself, in which case they would have over 300 points, but they've still given themselves the badge.
Post #20.
Jordan
I want ahead and gave it to all administrators, as they have already exceeded my qualifications for "Quality Posts". I would give the badge to all the moderators, too, but there was too many of them last night. They are free to edit their own profiles and give themselves 300 reputation points - me granting them their position is enough qualification.

a6m5
Whoa, somehow I missed the indigo post. Not that this is important to me, but just out of curiosity, are you suggesting that Swift didn't take the badge off by choice?

I'm not suggesting anything, other than the fact that no-one who HAS the badge has less than 300 points. That's not the same as saying everyone who has more than 300 points has the badge.

Congrats Live4speed 👍

I agree with what other said, when I get rep points often its for small comments I made and rarely for large explanations.

good stuff L4S 👍

I'm slowly starting to gather a few... the drift forum folk are a stingy bunch, I figure. I've been stuck at 127 for the better part of a month or more.
oh well ~shrugs~ :indiff:

Congrats Live4Speed.

I find it wierd how I try my best to post quality posts and I only have 28 points, and other people who seemingly make little effort have way more than me. It makes me wonder if people are judging posts by whether they like them or not, instead of giving rep for quality. I gave a person rep when I got owned once, just because he took time to explain things well, and tell me why I was wrong. I believe that's how the rep system should be used.

PERFECT BALANCE
Congrats Live4Speed.

I find it wierd how I try my best to post quality posts and I only have 28 points, and other people who seemingly make little effort have way more than me. It makes me wonder if people are judging posts by whether they like them or not, instead of giving rep for quality. I gave a person rep when I got owned once, just because he took time to explain things well, and tell me why I was wrong. I believe that's how the rep system should be used.

A lot of it has to do with popularity and it being a contest, like Famine said, as long as you typically recieve posi rep your ok.

PERFECT BALANCE
Congrats Live4Speed.

You must be implying this towards people with the quality posts tag, as you have no way of knowing other people's points. Unlesss of course they've posted them.

The other thing to remember is is that alot of people got points almost straight away because people believed they had already earnt them.

That happened to me, I was over 100 in a couple of day's after the system was put in place, getting the rest has taken three months.

live4speed
That happened to me, I was over 100 in a couple of day's after the system was put in place, getting the rest has taken three months.
Same here. I was constantly getting points in the first week, then died down for a few months, but lately it has shot up because of the various lists I've made. That's how it should be, not some kind of popularity contest.

ExigeExcel
You must be implying this towards people with the quality posts tag, as you have no way of knowing other people's points. Unlesss of course they've posted them.
I talk to at least 20 GTP members online on various chat programs, and I have asked a lot of them how much rep they have.

The people who have to quality posts badge have definantly deserved it, so no, I am not directing this towards them.

G.T
That's how it should be, not some kind of popularity contest.

I wish it was that way, but people make it into a popularity contest.

So far the system seems to be working and members who I thought would end up getting them did....so good posting is rewarded like it should...

I should probably know these but I still have like a few questions though...

I still dont know where I can find out where I go to see which posts I have got my points from and the comments left....

Is the system anonymous? I still dont know!

oh and on another totally random other subject... where can I find the moderator and premium member list?

I didnt really want to start another thread... if someone could help it would be much appreciated... :) thanks

Robin

Robin 2223
I still dont know where I can find out where I go to see which posts I have got my points from and the comments left....
Jordan says there currently isn't anyway to do this easily, so you have to look for them yourself, as explained in this post.

But, cardude has found something screenshotted about 10 posts above this one, so I don't know...

Is the system anonymous? I still dont know!
Yes, you cannot view any other members' points.

oh and on another totally random other subject... where can I find the moderator and premium member list?
On the main forum index, there is a link near the bottom that says "View Forum Leaders". That gives you a list of Premium members and Moderators.

... gosh I sound like a proper noob! :lol:..... Thanks for the quick reply GT:tup:

G.T
That's how it should be, not some kind of popularity contest.
How could it possibly be a popularity contest if I haven't got a quality posts tag yet?

I mean I'm the most...Ohhhhhh.

Oh.

Damn.

Cardude's screenshot has me perplexed. Upon further investigation, this does seem to be a standard feature of vBulletin. However, the option to enable it is vague, and I have had it enabled since the system was first put into place. Double checking confirms that it is indeed enabled, but mysteriously, does not show up...

PERFECT BALANCE

I wish it was that way, but people make it into a popularity contest.
You don't want it to be a popularity contest, yet you're asking other people what they have? Not to single you out, but many of you who are the most concerned about the system seem to be the ones doing the things that could bring it down.

Jordan
You don't want it to be a popularity contest, yet you're asking other people what they have? Not to single you out, but many of you who are the most concerned about the system seem to be the ones doing the things that could bring it down.
When I ask people how much rep they have, I'm just curious, not trying to beat them somehow. Curiousity doesn't turn something into a contest in my opinion.

Thanks a lot guys, for the reputation you have given/taken away from me!

I hope to contribute more into the future, despite any mistakes I may do. 👍

Congrats James. Last I heard you had 300. lol

PERFECT BALANCE
When I ask people how much rep they have, I'm just curious, not trying to beat them somehow. Curiousity doesn't turn something into a contest in my opinion.

No, but it can for them and that's what Jordan wants to avoid:)

Swift
No, but it can for them and that's what Jordan wants to avoid:)

I see what you mean now, but I think were safe so far with me, since everyone I talk to is a a respected person here (besides one or two people), and they have more rep than me anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back