Reputation Points - Discussion

• Thread starter G.T
  • 690 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordan
There's not any type of feature like that...

:ouch: When I first saw this feature, I clicked the Quality Posts icon under your avatar. It took me to the FAQ, but i thought it was listing all the posts that have been rated! :dunce:

No, you can only see your own. It's not supposed to be a ranking or reward system, only a way to recognize those who consistently make excellent posts (like Famine).

Jordan
No, you can only see your own. It's not supposed to be a ranking or reward system, only a way to recognize those who consistently make excellent posts (like Famine).

Thank you for clearing that up.

Famine
I'd like to thank my manager, my girlfriend, all the folks down at Star of India curry house, my hamster, the Aga Khan, Chewbacca, Desert Orchid, everyone who's ever bought a Ford Capri and, most of all, everyone who has rated my posts - both for and against.

I love each and every one of you. Mwah! Mwah!

Double congratulations,

Congrats on your quality posts banner and congrats on your 15k posts.:)

BTW doesn't 15,000 = XV(with the bar)? If thats what your avatar is referring too.

Bugger.

Last time, no-one but Duke spotted it. This time, when I make a mistake, everyone notices... :lol:

Famine
Bugger.

Last time, no-one but Duke spotted it. This time, when I make a mistake, everyone notices... :lol:

Actually I did notice the X(bar) at 10k and I did say something, you must of forgot. I will try and find the post.

*EDIT* I can't find it anymore doesnt matter.

There's a reason for my change of headgear, too, and not just that Boxing Day was 6 weeks ago.

Tribute to Dale Earnhardt? Who died 5 years ago on the 18th of February.

Congratulations to Small_fryz, who is the newest non-mod to get "the badge"!

Congrats! Well, I wasn't expecting it, but after that "GTP has changed" thread of yours, you deserve it! :cheers:

Three very deserving members. Small Fryz's been on a bit of a roll lately. 👍

Oh cool, I never even realized people’ve been rating me. :) Thanks!

Congrats to everyone who's upstaged me and got the quality posts badge before me :grumpy: ::lol:, but seriously, you all deserve it.

I dont like when I see my reputation has increased but I cant find the post that was rated:irked:

Would be kinda helpfull to learn what posts are appreciated and not.

Yes, but unfortunately that is not a feature I can provide.

Niels
I dont like when I see my reputation has increased but I cant find the post that was rated:irked:

Would be kinda helpfull to learn what posts are appreciated and not.

There is no easy way indeed.
If you desperately need to know (and have enough time), you can do the following :
  1. click on your name to view your profile
  2. click on find all posts by Niels
  3. click on the link in the grey box
  4. click on the red tick to see if there is a comment or a N/A which both indicates that the post has been rated
    repeat steps 3 and 4 for each post in the list

That's what I'm doing myself when someone I've never been in touch with rates me.

Flat-out
If you desperately need to know (and have enough time), you can do the following :
  4. click on the red tick to see if there is a comment or a N/A which both indicates that the post has been rated

That's what I'm doing myself when someone I've never been in touch with rates me.
Yes, this is exactly what I do. Your latest posts are more likely the ones that have been rated, so I go through my latest posts one by one until I find a post that has been rated.

It may take forever, but it IS worth knowing where you were rated. :)

Well so far I have only seen one reason of one of my rated posts.

It's not a big prob though, my attitude doesn't change that much, if a post gets rated for my behavior on the forums, then being myself will be enough I guess:dopey:

I try to find all mine. I do think that you can't always judge what posts you've had rated as being your better posts. For example some well a lot of people ignore the rating system altogether and others give it for the wrong reasons sometimes so you can get somone giving you rep for saying "I think that car is the best" and them agreeing with you, and on the other hand you can be left not getting any rep for really going out of your way in a post to full explain something someone or people don't get. It evens it's self out and it's not like it happens all the time, but you can't always say I got rep for that, so it was a great post.

The general trend wth the rep system seems to be working though, the members that have the quality posts badge all deserve it, and were not seeing hundereds of people getting it left right and center becuase of it being given for wrong reasons.

Flat-out

I'm gonna have a shot at this now, thanks for the idea. I know for certain two posts/threads I've got rep points from but I've no idea on the rest...

This could take a while... :lol:

edit: Given up already...an automated search would be a good idea for future releases of the board software.

G.T
Yes, this is exactly what I do. Your latest posts are more likely the ones that have been rated, so I go through my latest posts one by one until I find a post that has been rated.

It may take forever, but it IS worth knowing where you were rated. :)

This isn't a problem for me, there's no need to search for something you don't have :sly:

Hmm, well, I got through 50 posts... and I stopped. I DO know for certain that half of my points came from my photo gallery and my settings workshop. :dopey:

I've decided to tag my username onto the end of my comment when I give rep, just so people can see who it was they got the rep from and why. Dunno if anyone else already does this.

amp88
I've decided to tag my username onto the end of my comment when I give rep, just so people can see who it was they got the rep from and why. Dunno if anyone else already does this.

Yup, there's a few folks out there who're aware that their rep has come from the Smallhorses' stable, if they've checked. :)

amp88
Yep, I tag mine with - L4S.

I go to other vBulletin forum's, and it shows all of my posts that have received reputation points on the page that loads when you go to your User CP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back