Reputation Points - Discussion

• Thread starter G.T
  • 690 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
G.T
Thanks a lot guys, for the reputation you have given/taken away from me!

I hope to contribute more into the future, despite any mistakes I may do. 👍
Well done, well deserved 👍

I wonder who the first person to recieve a 'Quality Posts' tag without begging for it in their 'sig' will be???

TheCracker
I wonder who the first person to recieve a 'Quality Posts' tag without begging for it in their 'sig' will be???
Without counting the Admins, I believe it's Small_Fryz.

TheCracker
Not counting mod's and admin's, I think you'll find that technicaly it was Famine since he wasn't a mod when he recieved his quality posts tag. Small Fryz was I think the second, but what does it matter.

live4speed
Not counting mod's and admin's, I think you'll find that technicaly it was Famine since he wasn't a mod when he recieved his quality posts tag. Small Fryz was I think the second, but what does it matter.

He was probably the first one to 'ask' for reputation points in his sig too.

Actually, your right, I never noticed that, Famine does have it in his sig, Small_Fryz doesn't though, and neither do I, so the first was Small Fryz. But again, what does it matter, I don't read peoples sig's every time they post, and I certainly wouldn't let a comment like "if you like my post click the red tick" in one sway my decision to give or take away rep points. Famine deserved to get the badge as did G.T, regardless.

live4speed
and neither do I

But you did have it in before you got your badge...

live4speed
Famine deserved to get the badge as did G.T, regardless.

I'm not saying that anyone didn't deserve to get their cub-scout badges. It just makes me laugh about how people have gone about getting them - especially since all of you would have got them soon or later anyway.

TheCracker
No, I didn't, my sig hasn't changed since March 2005 ;).

TheCracker
Erm... no, he didn't.

TheCracker
I'm not saying that anyone didn't deserve to get their cub-scout badges. It just makes me laugh about how people have gone about getting them - especially since all of you would have got them soon or later anyway.
Well, I had my "Like/Hate this post? Let me know by clicking the red check" in my sig previously, but I took it out since it didn't do squat for me. But I do have my little "rep me please" notes on top of my more helpful threads, and I'm getting some rep because of it. :D

EDIT: And shouldn't this thread be renamed to "Reputation Points", since there's not really any porblems now?

EDIT: And shouldn't this thread be renamed to "Reputation Points", since there's not really any porblems now?

Well, Jordan said that we technically should be able to view where we got rep from but we can't at the moment, so this is still a problem.

Indeed, it'd be nice if the reason Jordan can't get that feature was fixed, it's a feature that could be a big benefit.

"Like/Hate this post? Let me know by clicking the red check" in my sig

To be honest, I hate it when people put that in their sigs (a few exceptions, of course ;)).

Like Cracker said, it's almost like they're begging for rep. (again, a few exceptions).

Congrats to the guys with the badge!, i can see a few around now :cheers:

Quick question about rep points...

If you click a post that has recieved more than 1 vote, you can see the comments from the person who voted and also a little green square.

What does it mean if the square is grey and the comments were still good??

regards

David

Dave_George
Quick question about rep points...

If you click a post that has recieved more than 1 vote, you can see the comments from the person who voted and also a little green square.

What does it mean if the square is grey and the comments were still good??

regards

David
I think it means someone have given reputation to you, but only gives out 0 points, because they either are a new member or are in 0 or negative reputation points themselves (I think).

G.T
I think it means someone have given reputation to you, but only gives out 0 points, because they either are a new member or are in 0 or negative reputation points themselves (I think).

Thanks for the repsonse G.T:tup:

David

Well seems like i have been doing something right on here as i just got a funky green badge under my name now.

Thanks everyone!

Spec....

Specialized
Well seems like i have been doing something right on there as i just got a funky green badge under my name now.

Thanks everyone!

Spec....

you got the badge because you're a rep point whore

Congrats, Ben!

You deserve it after running the drift competitions for quite a while. :D

Diego440
Rep Points Comment: Unnecessary

That was seriously weak.
Someone gave you minus rep for that :lol:, there it goes, sense of humour, out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back