Russian Invasion of Ukraine

• Thread starter Rage Racer
  • 9,975 comments
jwuc4fdthnda1.jpg

Looks like NATO recon or surveillance flights. Didn't know that Bucuresţi was so prominent but then again, I should not be surprised.

What does this map show? Context would be useful because the key doesnt help
Ah, okay. It's a map of Sweden and NATO ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance) flights. "Spy plane" paths from 20th December 2022 to 20th January 2023.

Last edited:
Ah, okay. It's a map of Sweden and NATO ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance) flights. "Spy plane" paths from 20th December 2022 to 20th January 2023.
Some of the listed aircraft are well-known AWACS platforms (or whatever the current acronym is). They more or less act as aircraft and missile launch detection - and there's a solid chance it's both for external use, to see what Russia is up to and whether it's posing threats beyond the current theatre - and relayed to Ukraine for defensive response purposes..

Surely Russia realizes that the more often we use our own platforms the more practice we're getting and the more effective we get. They're basically forcing us to get gud. Russia's ops thusfar are the definition of pyrrhic.

NATO must be pretty satisfied with data collected by ARTEMIS as its the only thing flying up in Latvia and Estonia. Meanwhile the coast of Romania is extremely dense which is odd. I suppose they can't get much closer safely and I assume there is a base of operations there.

Surely Russia realizes that the more often we use our own platforms the more practice we're getting and the more effective we get. They're basically forcing us to get gud. Russia's ops thusfar are the definition of pyrrhic.

NATO must be pretty satisfied with data collected by ARTEMIS as its the only thing flying up in Latvia and Estonia. Meanwhile the coast of Romania is extremely dense which is odd. I suppose they can't get much closer safely and I assume there is a base of operations there.
That picture shows only one month of flight paths.
The RC-135 also visits Estonia.
1674501829588.png

Seen that plane go very far to the north...
1674500892148.png

The E-3, E-8 and others also visit the Baltic countries.

1674501588249.png

1674501567794.png

1674501621548.png

Yeah, there's something in Romania.
1674501979204.png

And some random picture from training days)
1674502209781.png

Meanwhile the coast of Romania is extremely dense which is odd. I suppose they can't get much closer safely and I assume there is a base of operations there.
Yeah, there's something in Romania.
That'll be Mihail Kogalniceanu airbase, although I recall there's a new NATO facility being built in Cincu.

Either that or they're repatriating Andrew Tate's cars...

Last edited:
Is it just me or haven't we heard the cancerous garden gnome talk out of his ass for a while now? Is he hiding under his way too long table in his bunker?

That'll be Mihail Kogalniceanu airbase, although I recall there's a new NATO facility being built in Cincu.

Either that or they're repatriating Andrew Tate's cars...
The last Google Maps image shows a new ramp under construction but not much other activity. I imagine that airport is packed with airplanes lately. And either that one or one very close will surely have more than two fighters ready to scramble.
Is it just me or haven't we heard the cancerous garden gnome talk out of his ass for a while now? Is he hiding under his way too long table in his bunker?
Putin doesn't need to speak when all his cronies won't shut up for him.

Bruh, almost every similar organization was closed or put in situation where it couldn't operate.
Oh, I'm aware of that, but I had figured that all the civil rights/human rights groups would have been shut down immediately after they silenced the independent journalists. Maybe this particular group was considered less of a threat, especially considering the rather flimsy excuse used against them.

Oh, I'm aware of that, but I had figured that all the civil rights/human rights groups would have been shut down immediately after they silenced the independent journalists. Maybe this particular group was considered less of a threat, especially considering the rather flimsy excuse used against them.
I would've expected RF to say they were all Nazis...

Russia shouldn't be allowed to compete in the Olympics to begin with since all they do is dope up their athletes and cheat. But they deserve to compete even less now, even as one of those "neutral" countries.

Russia shouldn't be allowed to compete in the Olympics to begin with since all they do is dope up their athletes and cheat. But they deserve to compete even less now, even as one of those "neutral" countries.
The IOC is only looking for this because Russia is still paying them.

I wondered how long it would take before the world starts to back down to slaps on the wrist.

All of the sudden the whole of Europe has Leopard tanks available to ship to Ukraine. I think we're up to 150 tanks now, some not fully ready for combat, but still, if they all can be delivered in reasonable time that might actually be a game changer.

Scholz has had 8 months to deliver them. Considering Gerhard Schröder is in Russia's pocket and has been for years, whatever Putin has on Scholz or the Sozialdemokratische Partei Deutschlands must be big.

Scholz has had 8 months to deliver them. Considering Gerhard Schröder is in Russia's pocket and has been for years, whatever Putin has on Scholz or the Sozialdemokratische Partei Deutschlands must be big.
Probably a bank account or 2. It's ridiculous how long Scholz has been Russia's best defense against Western tanks.

whatever Putin has on Scholz
Germany is parliamentary country with very complicated political system. It has a lot of connections with Russia(Russian diaspora in thicc) and very bad experience of German tanks confronting Russians. Also, thanks to Merkel, Bundesver is a joke. Scholz just playing safe.

Actually, Germany is one of the biggest sponsors for Ukraine (#3, afaik).

+31 Abrams. IDK, how many Spain and Poland will give, but its at least 60 MBTs(14 Challenges and 14 Leopards)

Last edited:
whatever Putin has on Scholz
You think this but ignore the fact that the German military has been nothing but a Discovery Channel showcase since reunification. What do they have, like five Leopards, and now they're all going to Ukraine? Scholz is the one who has finally started tickling the 2% NATO recommendation. It probably took so long to ship these Leopards because they had to find which barn they were stashed in and sweep the dust off. Dude was also not the one who eliminated Germany's energy indepedence and submitted their entire economy to Russian gas.

Last edited:
Back