Russian Invasion of Ukraine

• Thread starter Rage Racer
  • 9,924 comments
praesumptio innocentiae
They've been proven guilty numerous times. The government even ran the doping program for the athletes and the Sochi Olympics was incredibly corrupt with regard to falsifying drug tests. Russia should be banned from the Olympics permanently.

They've been proven guilty numerous times.
Who? Average athlete participate in one Olimpics in his whole life.
The government even ran the doping program for the athletes and the Sochi Olympics was incredibly corrupt with regard to falsifying drug tests. Russia should be banned from the Olympics permanently.
Its already banned. I am not against ban of Russia as a country. I am against ban of Russian citizens that made clear statements about war.

Who? Average athlete participate in one Olimpics in his whole life.
The entire Russian Olympic team. It's been well documented since 2014 and it's nothing new because it happens every Olympics. There are plenty of stories from former athletes about how they were treated during the Soviet Union area to make me believe that Russia has never been honest during any Olympics its participated in.
Its already banned. I am not against ban of Russia as a country. I am against ban of Russian citizens that made clear statements about war.
I'm not saying anything about the war, I'm saying they should be banned because of state-sponsored doping and cheating. Do all Russian athletes cheat? I doubt it, but when a curler is busted for doping it's likely doping is rampant among all the Russian Olympic athletes. Hell, even when they're not competing under the Russian flag, the athletes dope. Look at figure skater Kamila Valieva who absolutely was doping in 2022.

So no, I don't think we should ban them for making anti-war statements, but they shouldn't even be allowed to compete to begin with and that should've started, at a minimum, in 2014.

The entire Russian Olympic team.
There is no such thing like consistent
Russian Olympic team
Its individual athletes. For the most part youngsters.
Do all Russian athletes cheat? I doubt it
And why Russian athletes should be banned then? Its same logic that Kremlin operates right now - some individuals from Azov battalion in 2014 were neo-nazis, which means that everyone in Azov battalion in 2022 was neo-nazi. In 2023 its all civilized world declared full of gay nazis.

Someone should do his job and bust those who dope. If its 90% of athletes from Russia - okay. Thats how civilized world should operate - everyone should be thread as a person.

Last edited:
There is no such thing like consistent
Fine, the "Russian Olympic Committee." They're still state-sponsored athletes, just without a Russia flag on their uniforms.
Its individual athletes. For the most part youngsters.
Age has nothing to do with it. Kamila Valieva was 16.
And why Russian athletes should be banned then? Its same logic that Kremlin operates right now - some individuals from Azov battalion in 2014 were neo-nazis, which means that everyone in Azov battalion in 2022 was neo-nazi. In 2023 its all civilized world declared full of gay nazis.
That's quite a stretch. Russian athletes, across multiple disciplines, for several years, have been busted for doping. There are also state-sponsored programs to cheat and get around doping regulations. It stands to reason when the country paying you to be an athlete is cheating and doping, that it's likely a majority of athletes are doing just that since their employer is bankrolling it.

Russia's justification for the Azov battalion was that some members were Neo-Nazis, so they were just going to kill innocent people, commit war crimes, and invade sovereign land.

Sanctions are sanctions. The whole point of them is to put pressure on Russia in ways other than diplomatic or military.

ine, the "Russian Olympic Committee." They're still state-sponsored athletes, just without a Russia flag on their uniforms.
State sponsored athletes that claiming Russian war crimes?
Age has nothing to do with it. Kamila Valieva was 16.
Could we say that 16 year girl intentionally put some dope in her veins? Clearly, she is another victim of state-sponsored criminal activity.

You just suggesting to ruin lifegoal of young russian athletes. And give Russian citizens reason to support Putins antigaynazi crusade.
Russia's justification for the Azov battalion was that some members were Neo-Nazis, so they were just going to kill innocent people, commit war crimes, and invade sovereign land.
Same logic, bro. Collective responsibility is ****ed concept.

State sponsored athletes that claiming Russian war crimes?
Where have I mentioned war crimes? Russia, the country, is sponsoring cheating and doping among its athletes. Russian athletes don't belong in international competitions because of it. It has nothing to do with the war. They shouldn't need to be banned for Russia committing war crimes because they shouldn't be allowed to compete in the first place. Maybe this is a language barrier, I don't know.
You just suggesting to ruin lifegoal of young russian athletes.
Good, let their athletic careers be ruined. If you're an athlete competing at an international level, you know what is and what isn't allowed.

Nice to know that Waters has graduated to full-on "Agent of Russia." Wonder if he hangs out with Steven Seagal in his time away from touring. Do they record music together?
At least now there's a reason to actually cancel Pink Floyd.

Miserable old geezer is so pro-peace that he naturally gravitates towards complete capitulation to the aggressor side.

At least now there's a reason to actually cancel Pink Floyd.
The current iteration is definitely pro-Ukraine though, distancing themselves as much as possible from this embarrassment.

Its already banned. I am not against ban of Russia as a country.
Banned as a country? All we have is this "This is not Russia, this is ROC wink wink " nonsense.

1675959586708.png

Russia has been found guilty of state organized doping. Then the country has decided to make amends by killing people by the hundreds of thousands.

For the next decades, Russian people will be considered plague-ridden in most developed countries, unless they proves otherwise. If an Olympic Games total ban help them to acknowledge that fact, so be it.

In war, the third casualties are reunion tours.
... and art.

Apparently Roger Waters has secretly been re-recording an entirely new version of "Dark Side Of The Moon" from scratch, unknown to Gilmour and Mason, and plans to release it shortly...

Banned as a country? All we have is this
Its copium. Neutral flag thing is a biiiig middle finger to Putler and turbopatriots.
For the next decades, Russian people will be considered plague-ridden in most developed countries
Is there something like these after Yugoslavian massacre? I don't think so. For the most part, almost everyone ok with Serbs. We all should keep in mind that less than 1% of our population actually participate in war. Sure, war criminals should go to jail and we as a country should pay for what our government did.

... and art.

Apparently Roger Waters has secretly been re-recording an entirely new version of "Dark Side Of The Moon" from scratch, unknown to Gilmour and Mason, and plans to release it shortly...

I've got three different vinyl pressings, the cd and SACD of DSOTM.
Yeah I think this one will be skipped.

A muskrat if you will:
muskrat-foraging-along-shore.jpg

*And I have no idea if you have these in Europe or not, and if you do, I'm not sure if that's what you even call them.
Yeap, love em. Bunch of them living in zakaznik near by.

Last edited:
A muskrat if you will:
muskrat-foraging-along-shore.jpg

*And I have no idea if you have these in Europe or not, and if you do, I'm not sure if that's what you even call them.
Ah, that's a bimblywimble - although the Australians call them wozzawozzas.

Back