Russian Invasion of Ukraine

• Thread starter Rage Racer
  • 9,990 comments

That's even an A-10 isn't it? So even if you somehow didn't realize it was a video game, the plane should give it away that it's not Russia since the US is the only country that flies those.

Ukrainian Ambassador to the U.S. Oksana Markarova said Thursday that a platoon of Russian soldiers surrendered to the Ukrainian military, saying they "didn't know that they were brought to Ukraine to kill Ukrainians."

It is reported that the video was shot near Okhtyrka (Sumy region). The Russian military simply abandoned their equipment and fled into the woods.

Last edited:
If that happens it will be the downfall of life size dildo Putin.
ezgif-2-80a1ba944460.gif

Edit: Imputince?

Last edited:
I hope that more Russian soldiers realize what's going on and stop blindly following orders.
Would be nice. There's another video of them coming upon more Russian military vehicles that are abandoned. Comments with it stating Russian morale can't be very high & the Ukrainian troops feel empowered, but that could all just be the chest-beating.

Edit* White House conference announcing more sanctions. Heard him referencing that the oligarchs whose yachts, cars, & luxury homes across the world will suffer alongside Putin; didn't catch the first of it, but he mentioned something like $750B has been frozen I think.

Shared 35 minutes ago on IG.
Ukrainian officials reporting that #Ukraine forces have regained control of the airport at #Hostomel following a large scale Russian VDV airborne assault earlier today. Russian expert Michael Weiss tweeted that Ukrainian Political Advisor Anton Herashchenko reported “Russian paratroopers who survived the Ukrainian counterattack at Hostomel ran off into surrounding forests and fields.” Weiss also mentioned “Apparently Ukraine's 45th #Spetsnaz Brigade played a major role in retaking the airfield.” Recapture of the airport has denied Russian forces an air bridge for operations against #Kyiv. #AtlasNewsUpdateUkraine
Large protest in Moscow.

Last edited:
Where's the idealized Russian military depicted in state propaganda shared by Ted Cruz in his bitchfit against the "woke" US military? The one where everyone is Rocky IV Dolph Lundgren doing pushups.

Last edited:
Would be nice. There's another video of them coming upon more Russian military vehicles that are abandoned. Comments with it stating Russian morale can't be very high & the Ukrainian troops feel empowered, but that could all just be the chest-beating.

Edit* White House conference announcing more sanctions. Heard him referencing that the oligarchs whose yachts, cars, & luxury homes across the world will suffer alongside Putin; didn't catch the first of it, but he mentioned something like $750B has been frozen I think.

Shared 35 minutes ago on IG.
Well, that MIGHT cause an issue for Daddy Mazepin to pay for his son in both the UK and USA.

Biden just gave his TV speech. He specifically stipulated Russia will not be kicked out of the SWIFT system, ensuring that Europe can continue to consume Russian oil, gas and coal, and that Russia will continue to be paid for it. He claimed his other sanctions were greater than SWIFT.
Biden also said he will look at sanctions again in a month. The announced sanctions will achieve precisely NOTHING in that time. Even if they worked, it would take much longer than that.

So what's Plan Z going to be then.

Not that I pretend to know the answers or enough about SWIFT etc, but it seems like the West has **** all idea what to do and is basically hoping the problem will go away largely without them.

I find it crazy but am not surprised that 2 months ago, A Blinken said that Russia was going to invade and nothing of consequence seems to have been properly discussed or agreed between the US, EU, UK, let alone other parties since then.

The only impotent people I have seen today have been Biden and the other Western leaders.
And Vettel will boycott the GP.
The GP should already have been cancelled by now. It's not like there should even be any discussion about it!

They might pull a ccp and go full totalitarian on those protesters.
That was sadly in the back of my mind, even with the world able to watch.

President Zelensky sharing, "The enemy’s sabotage forces have entered the capital. Me and my family are remaining".

They might pull a ccp and go full totalitarian on those protesters.
Replace the word might with will.
A few thousand is no good. It would have to be 100s of 1000s to stand any chance of having any impact.

Expect a massive Stalinist purge of all protesters in the next few days, including those Members who signed that open letter.

Biden also said he will look at sanctions again in a month. The announced sanctions will achieve precisely NOTHING in that time. Even if they worked, it would take much longer than that.

So what's Plan Z going to be then.

Not that I pretend to know the answers or enough about SWIFT etc, but it seems like the West has **** all idea what to do and is basically hoping the problem will go away largely without them.

I find it crazy but am not surprised that 2 months ago, A Blinken said that Russia was going to invade and nothing of consequence seems to have been properly discussed or agreed between the US, EU, UK, let alone other parties since then.

The only impotent people I have seen today have been Biden and the other Western leaders.
As Putin seems to be well aware, nobody is going to stop him. Nor was that really in the cards. If you were thinking that "the west" could just magically come up with a way to prevent this from happening, you were thinking wrong.

The sanctions are not designed to stop it from happening, they're designed to make it hurt. Putin wants Ukraine, and by all accounts, he will have it. Hopefully it costs him a great deal and that stops him from thinking it's a good idea to try again. Likely though, the sanctions won't even do that. As the more we isolate Russia, the less they have to lose.

The only way to really stop this from happening is direct military intervention, and that seems to be a move that's not being put on the table for Ukraine, and that's a fairly defensible position.

Last edited:
You have to admire their valiance, compared to somewhere like Afghanistan, as they're actually willing to defend their country, even if it may end up being futile.
Well, not meaning to minimize Ukrainian valor in any way, but most Afghans simply didn't mind if the Taliban was in control. Far different scenario than a foreign power seeking to end your country.

Just be careful what "news" you choose to believe, especially on social media.

Just a few examples of false reports, including on relating to Russian paratroopers mentioned in that article.

You have to admire their valiance, compared to somewhere like Afghanistan, as they're actually willing to defend their country, even if it may end up being futile.
Afghans only have alleigiance to their tribe or clan this is what the West failed to understand when they built a nation state centred around kabul only.

Afghan soldiers only fought for their paychecks when that got cut they left. Not to mention the Afghan government was filled with former warlords like Dostum which unfortunately was backed by the USA and Turkey who were just as bad as the Taliban when commiting atrocities and ran around Afghanistan like their personal kingdom while acting like a death squad. When Afghanistan fell Dostum basically left and retired to his mansions in other countries.

There was no morale and no unity because all the ethnic groups were at each others throats why would a Hazara fight for a country who does not care about him why would a Pashtun fight the Pashtun dominated Taliban?

Last edited:
Back