S.N.A.I.L. Open-Wheel Shoot Out - Tuesday nights - Open To All

• Thread starter Oshawa-Joe
  • 645 comments

Do you want a Parity component added to this series?

• Yes

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • What are you talking about?

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoyed the Open-Wheel racing last night. PSN must have had a problem early on, but once it all got straightened out - I thought the races went well. Looking forward to the challenges of One Car on Three different tracks each week.
Hope more SNAILS join in the fun.

Sorry for the delay.

First track will be Grand Valley East. If you have problems with the rear kicking out under breaking for turn 1, try BB 6/4.

Oshawa-Joe
Sorry for the delay.

First track will be Grand Valley East. If you have problems with the rear kicking out under breaking for turn 1, try BB 6/4.

Will post my pick (I get a pick :giddy:) tonight. Would like to check a couple.

Sorry for the delay.

That and feed some throttle under heavy braking to stabilize the car. ;)

EDIT: Sorry wolfsatz for my ultra early brake going into the last chicane at Monza, I got burned by cold tires earlier and didn't want it to happen again :(

No issues. Kcheeb, it was all good fun racing.. now I just need to work on consistency... it has been MIA for a few weeks. ..

Can I bargain to start 1st race at 9:15pm (I won't qualify)?

At 9 kids are still up and they usually go to bed at 9:30 so the 9 start time is throwing a big wrech and the boss is not happy :ouch:

Please post if you need the Suzuki GSX-R/4. We can start a train to pass it around.

I can help with this.

Last edited:
For the Uninformed, and Slow of Understanding ...... myself being at the head of that list: How does the Suzuki GSX-R/4 qualify as "Open Wheel"? I see fenders covering all four tires.
Of course, there are fenders on the Prowler, Caterham, etc. So, my question is probably answered with "trying to increase the number of cars available"?
Just wondering, not criticizing in the least.

We needed more cars, and like jobyone said, it's open wheel in spirit. We get a couple more open wheelers in GT6.

No issues. Kcheeb, it was all good fun racing.. now I just need to work on consistency... it has been MIA for a few weeks. ..

Can I bargain to start 1st race at 9:15pm (I won't qualify)?

At 9 kids are still up and they usually go to bed at 9:30 so the 9 start time is throwing a big wrech and the boss is not happy :ouch:

I can help with this.

I would be ok with 9:15. Also an idea to trim some time. Reverse grids. After first race. Offer 5 mins once track loads to get a lap or two in and go green. :)

Current format perfect too. Just an idea to tighten the time schedule.

We will start the first Q at 9 and the race at 9:15. I think we'll be done by 10:30 unless there are PSN issues again. We'll go to reverse grid if there are delays and keep it on schedule.

I checked two tracks:
Tokyo R246 - 2 min/lap
Mt Aso, Tarmac - 58 sec/lap (have wondered why we never use that track)
Of course, the lap times will be much better by most.
Will choose one of the two after the 2nd track is determined.

Last edited:
Kcheeb will post his selection later tonight. We have 2 tracks we can practice now if we want to.

Anyone missing this car and need a copy? It's not available from the New Car Dealership.

I think I'll go with the Suzuka East Course.

Plenty of speed into turns one and two, technical through the S's and then get a good run off the last corner for max speed down the straight.

Not a lot of places for passing, but plenty of spots for mistakes!

kcheeb
I think I'll go with the Suzuka East Course.

Plenty of speed into turns one and two, technical through the S's and then get a good run off the last corner for max speed down the straight.

Not a lot of places for passing, but plenty of spots for mistakes!

Freaking awesome pick. I love that short course but nobody ever thinks of it for some reason.

So we have: GVE and Suzuka East
I'll go with Tokyo R246

Question: Is there a reason that the league has never run the Mt Aso, Tarmac?
Just curious.

I am not aware of any issues with Mt Aso.

Is Tokyo your final answer? Car does probably suit shorter tracks better. I'm assuming Mt Aso is a shorter track. :dopey:

TEX36
So we have: GVE and Suzuka East
I'll go with Tokyo R246

Question: Is there a reason that the league has never run the Mt Aso, Tarmac?
Just curious.

Those tracks auto-generate when selected, so they're not always the same. Makes practice difficult.

Someone could make one, but then you've got the logistics of sharing it out to everyone and dealing with the inevitable, someone didn't download it come race time.

Oshawa-Joe
Really? That's crazy. No wonder I never see it being used.

It's like the course creator to a degree. You can set some general parameters, but even with the same set you'll get a different track.

We tried the french country side track in spec, it was fun but not fun enough :) Plus when it goes dark, it stays dark.

Do I look like someone that likes driving the French country side. Well, I'm Portuguese, so probably, but that's not the point.

"French? what are you doing in England?"
"Mind your own business. You don't frighten us"

Do I look like someone that likes driving the French country side. Well, I'm Portuguese, so probably, but that's not the point.

"French? what are you doing in England?"
"Mind your own business. You don't frighten us"

:lol: "your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elderberries."

EDIT: Actually, I think it's the Italian countryside, tracks called Toscana Tarmac :dunce:

Last edited:
Please post if you need the Suzuki GSX-R/4. We can start a train to pass it around.

Well, I obviously got mine before I joined S.N.A.I.L. Stage 2 Engine mod :(

I'd appreciate it if someone could send me one, thanks 👍

And 323 more days before it comes up in the UCD again.

I am not aware of any issues with Mt Aso.

Is Tokyo your final answer? Car does probably suit shorter tracks better. I'm assuming Mt Aso is a shorter track. :dopey:

Sorry - the Tokyo track is probably not the best choice since it is too long for the car.

I'll change the choice to The Twin Ring Motegi East.
It is 2.110 miles and should be acceptable to most.

Well, I obviously got mine before I joined S.N.A.I.L. Stage 2 Engine mod :(

I'd appreciate it if someone could send me one, thanks 👍

And 323 more days before it comes up in the UCD again.

What color would you like sir?

I sent a black one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back