S.N.A.I.L. Open-Wheel Shoot Out - Tuesday nights - Open To All

• Thread starter Oshawa-Joe
  • 645 comments

Do you want a Parity component added to this series?

• Yes

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • What are you talking about?

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the GSX-R come with chassis reinforcement? If not, I'll need one as well.

Yup. Gonna need one of these. Mine has the chassis reiniforcement on it and a restoration coupon doesn't pull it off.

Would someone please send me a stock GSX-R? Thank you.

Last edited:
Just called home and one of the kids turned off the ps3 during bspec. Car break in has been delayed. I'll get it to you in a few hours Dragonwhisky.

Just called home and one of the kids turned off the ps3 during bspec. Car break in has been delayed. I'll get it to you in a few hours Dragonwhisky.

Do you have to break in Standard cars? I thought it was oil change and go :confused:

Oshawa-Joe

Thanks!

Kids huh.

Do you have to break in Standard cars? I thought it was oil change and go :confused:

If you purchase it from the OCD then yes you are correct. If you purchase from the UCD. Then depending on miles you will need to break in and or rebuild. If to many miles it will always be under powered.

In that. I can send a car to anyone needing as well.

I'd be interested in doing some practice tomorrow at some point. Anyone free please post up and we can decide on a time.

9065718501_4b6d7a1858_h.jpg

Painted it yellow and it gave me a brown stripe?

I'd will likely be practicing for this tonight, one way or another. What tracks are we hitting this week?

June 18th, 2013 Line Up:

Car: Suzuki GSX-R/4 Sport Med Tires - Post in thread if you need the car.
Track 1: Grand Valley East (? Laps)
Track 2: Suzuka East Course (? Laps)
Track 3: Twin Ring Motegi East (? Laps)

I was called in to work out of town tonight. Leaving home at 10pm to and back 7am, so no practice for me tonight.

Greatly appreciate it if someone can check the number of laps needed for a 15 minute race.

June 18th, 2013 Line Up:

Race tonight. Q starting at 9pm. We will be waiting for Wolfsatz until 9:15 to start the first race.

Car: Suzuki GSX-R/4 on Sport Med Tires Post in thread if you need the car.
Track 1: Grand Valley East ( 14 Laps)
Track 2: Suzuka East Course (17 Laps)
Track 3: Twin Ring Motegi East (10 Laps)

That was way more fun than I thought it was going to be. Got on for a half hour before the races and went :scared: for anyone around me :lol:

Thanks everyone, good racing tonight 👍

Tex, gotta say man, you've really improved, good to see :) Saw it in the points and lap times, but these last two weeks driving with you proved it!

Yeah, had fun even though I drove like crap. I hate working overnights as it really messes me up.

Congrats to Nic for a well driven night. He had switched from D-Pad to the Stick and still flying fast!!! Simply amazing man.

Had a great time. Got a little late start as my you gets had arrived back from the folks at 9pm. Took me part of the first race to catch a groove.

Looking forward to what next weeks car and tracks are. :)

So last night was great, then my brake pedal started to stick. Does any one know any tricks to get it to work properly again. It is a DFGT and it is 2+ years old. (I don't want to lose my baby!)

Last edited:
Perhaps you should let that baby "grow up" into a G27 or a Thrustmaster or something. ;):sly:

If you're not afraid to take it apart and can figure out which part, exactly, is hanging up, you could repair/adjust/modify. I hear the potentiometers have a habit of getting dirty and needing a cleaning from time to time. One other thing you might do is the bungee cord mod to help keep the pedal up. This is a fix for mechanical hang ups. If the potentiometer is failing or the gearing from the pedal to the meter is faulty you'll have to replace or modify those parts.

I have 2 options. I could take apart the DFGT brake and clean it out and see if that works. I do have a G27 but I was going to save it for GT6. Partly because the pedals won't fit in my sled, and I will have to alter it, and I thought learning both at the same time could ease growing pains.

What does a potentiometer look like so I know what to clean?

👍

Got the G27 hooked up now but I have no place to put the shifter. I think that is one of the reasons I haven't been using it. Also need to extend the leg room in the sled. Now to see if I can crack the pedal housing on the DFGT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back