Shootings and explosions in Paris.

• Thread starter Dennisch
  • 915 comments
That guy was detained on live TV, and he is now all over the web, even being interrogated by the most famous gendarme ever, Louis de Funés. :lol:

Also interesting the quote attributed to Putin. Turns out he didn't say it, but it is still awesome.

http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/11/17/putin-forgive-terrorists-god-send-them-him-me
Yeah, what he said on live TV isn't very credible.

"Yeah well I didn't know that stuff...well...those metal things...are assault rifles." - not what he literally said but in the end it comes down to it.

For French speakers: https://www.facebook.com/Hebergeurdedaesh/

This guy is the owner of the appartment in Saint Denis, where they located the terrorists. He went on TV during the raid on the appartment and said a friend asked him to let some friends sleep at his place, he claimed that he doesn't even know them etc. but later it turned out that he's been convicted of murder some years ago. Not connected but that makes the statement even funnier, seeing that they had assault rifles and bombs in his appartment.

Now he's a meme.

12239877_115364505496420_8199541560113403802_n.jpg

This one for example reads: "They told me that they have roquette (salad but it sounds like the word for rocket as well, especially when pronounced by people living in that area) - I offered to make salad sauce"
If he's been convicted for murder how the hell is he walking about the streets of Paris and letting terrorists stay at his house?

If he's been convicted for murder how the hell is he walking about the streets of Paris and letting terrorists stay at his house?
He's been convicted for "hits and wounds that involuntarily resulted in death" to 8 years of jail. He served its sentence.

Paris Attack Suspects Arrested in Turkey and Belgium on High Alert

Turkish authorities arrested three people with suspected ties to ISIS in last week's terrorist attacks in Paris, CNN Turk reported Saturday. It identified one of the suspects as Ahmet Dahmani, 26, a Belgian national of Moroccan descent, who allegedly scouted target sites for the Paris attacks. He was arrested at a hotel in Antalya, CNN Turk reported. Two other suspects, Syrian nationals Ahmet Tahir, 29, and Mohammed Verd, 23, were arrested after they traveled from Syria to meet Dahmani, authorities said. The two were going to transport him to Syria, authorities said.

Meanwhile, the Belgian capital of Brussels was put on the country's highest terror alert level Saturday, with authorities warning of an imminent threat.

I still find it so incredibly stupid how the EU handled this refugee crisis; first they open the gates and let hundreds of thousands of strangers in, and then they have to put their capitals on total lockdown after the **** hits the fan...

Short sighted to say the least.

I still find it so incredibly stupid how the EU handled this refugee crisis; first they open the gates and let hundreds of thousands of strangers in, and then they have to put their capitals on total lockdown after the **** hits the fan...

Short sighted to say the least.

IMO, it wasn't stupid per se to let in millions of refugees. It was just and inevitable, since most western Europeans intuitively understand many of these flows were instigated and unleashed by their own wars, invasions and regime changes of choice in these foreign lands. Multicultural liberalism come with a built-in guilty conscience. If it had been the Swiss who invaded Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, etc., then it would have been stupid.

Refugees and terrorists are two different things.
No **** Sherlock :dopey:, but if you just let everyone in without any proper border control you'll have ISIS terrorists taking advantage of the refugee route to sneak into our countries (obvious no?).

Example; 2 of the suicide bombers at the stade the France passed through Greece in October, and mister Abaoud; known Belgian ISIS terrorist who was supposedly based in Syria hanging corpses behind his truck, just popped up in downtown Saint Denis this week...

So, how many will the US be taking in?

None cause the state representatives wont have it, due to their constituents and thus even though Obama admin would like to bring in refugees there seems to be far more political tape to navigate than that of the EU. But I'm sure Cuban smugglers wouldn't mind meeting them halfway across the Atlantic and sneak them in for the right price :sly:

None cause the state representatives wont have it, due to their constituents and thus even though Obama admin would like to bring in refugees there seems to be far more political tape to navigate than that of the EU. But I'm sure Cuban smugglers wouldn't mind meeting them halfway across the Atlantic and sneak them in for the right price :sly:

Dangit. We needs sarcasm tags.

I vote for these : {sarcasmtags!}

No **** Sherlock :dopey:, but if you just let everyone in without any proper border control you'll have ISIS terrorists taking advantage of the refugee route to sneak into our countries (obvious no?).
That's what terrorists do - take advantage of freedoms.

You don't fight them by removing freedoms. That's literally what they want, for people to be so scared that they remove freedoms. This is spun into the removal of freedoms from specific groups - Europe lets WASPs travel across Europe without checks but not Muslims because they're Muslims - culturing anti-state feeling within those groups, from whom they then recruit.

We've already got people calling for Syrian refugees to have special identification, and that's about two steps removed from making them wear a yellow crescent moon in public. I'd have thought we'd all have learned from that mistake.

Example; 2 of the suicide bombers at the stade the France passed through Greece in October, and mister Abaoud; known Belgian ISIS terrorist who was supposedly based in Syria hanging corpses behind his truck, just popped up in downtown Saint Denis this week...

I don't think it would've made any difference if those refugees were coming in smaller numbers. Closing the borders isn't preventing people to get radicalized, it only makes it worse. The problem lies further away and we should not change our way of life because of them.

We've already got people calling for Syrian refugees to have special identification, and that's about two steps removed from making them wear a yellow crescent moon in public. I'd have thought we'd all have learned from that mistake.
It really is amazing how people can delude themselves into thinking they'd have been on the right side of history if they lived in ~1938 Germany, but in 2015 have seemingly not learned the lesson of that time.
So, how many will the US be taking in?
I don't remember where but I read the plan was around 10,000 in the US. Of course, there's some Americans now vowing to move to Canada if the US accepts refugees. Despite the fact that Canada has pledged to take 25,000 in a country 1/10 the size :lol:

Last edited:
It really is amazing how people can delude themselves into thinking they'd have been on the right side of history if they lived in ~1938 Germany, but in 2015 have seemingly not learned the lesson of that time.

I don't remember where but I read the plan was around 10,000 in the US. Of course, there's some Americans now vowing to move to Canada if the US accepts refugees. Despite the fact that Canada has pledged to take 25,000 in a country 1/10 the size :lol:
Yes Canada is taking 25000, at a cost if about 2 billion dollars. Interesting that we can't afford to treat our Vetrans with PTSD that were in war torn areas, but we can take refugees that are from war torn areas. Would these people not also be suffering from PTSD? Yes it's tragic what has occurred in Syria, unfortunately you have 2 factions of Muslims, killing Muslims.

You don't fight them by removing freedoms. That's literally what they want, for people to be so scared that they remove freedoms.
Why do all of these knee jerk reactions to block innocent refugees sound so similar to Bush 43 and the Patriot Act? Hmmm.

Terrorists will always find a way to get around these knee-jerk decisions. Terrorist attacks and mass shootings still occur in the US even with the Patriot Act (which shows how pointless and a failure the said bill is). Attacks will still occur in Europe and elsewhere even if they close their borders because they will find a way to get through.

Yes Canada is taking 25000, at a cost if about 2 billion dollars. Interesting that we can't afford to treat our Vetrans with PTSD that were in war torn areas, but we can take refugees that are from war torn areas.
These are not mutually exclusive things, and the idea we can't afford to do both is nonsensical. The program is set to cost 1.2 billion dollars over 6 years. That's a whopping 0.1% of Canada's GDP, and the costs won't all be incurred in one year.

I don't want to turn this into a Canadian politics thread but I really don't know where you're going with this line of thought. Bringing in 25000 refugees is a pledge made by a new government that hasn't even been in power for 3 weeks yet, while the state of our veterans' affairs is the result of our prior government which was in power for 9 years, including 4 years as a majority. Yes it's unfortunate that there's insufficient support for our veterans', but it's completely unrelated to the plan to bring refugees into Canada.

Would these people not also be suffering from PTSD? Yes it's tragic what has occurred in Syria, unfortunately you have 2 factions of Muslims, killing Muslims.
Yes, it is unfortunate. What is the relevance to the rest of your post and the plan to bring refugees to Canada?

Last edited:

You don't fight them by removing freedoms. That's literally what they want, for people to be so scared that they remove freedoms. This is spun into the removal of freedoms from specific groups - Europe lets WASPs travel across Europe without checks but not Muslims because they're Muslims - culturing anti-state feeling within those groups, from whom they then recruit.

I understand the whole discussion of freedoms vs safety (patriot act and all), but border controls just mean you have to identify yourself before you enter a country. To me that is more of an inconvenience than an infringement on personal freedoms. It's also a necessity at this moment, seeing it can prevent hundreds of people getting shot up because it was way too easy for a lunatic to travel around the EU.

I don't think it would've made any difference if those refugees were coming in smaller numbers. Closing the borders isn't preventing people to get radicalized, it only makes it worse. The problem lies further away and we should not change our way of life because of them.
Not closing the borders but proper border controls of each person entering a given country, just like it was before Schengen.

So basically you're calling me a Nazi because i'm in favor of having proper borders between every EU state 👍

Last edited:
These are not mutually exclusive things, and the idea we can't afford to do both is nonsensical. The program is set to cost 1.2 billion dollars over 6 years. That's a whopping 0.1% of Canada's GDP, and the costs won't all be incurred in one year.

I don't want to turn this into a Canadian politics thread but I really don't know where you're going with this line of thought. Bringing in 25000 refugees is a pledge made by a new government that hasn't even been in power for 3 weeks yet, while the state of our veterans' affairs is the result of our prior government which was in power for 9 years, including 4 years as a majority. Yes it's unfortunate that there's insufficient support for our veterans', but it's completely unrelated to the plan to bring refugees into Canada.

Yes, it is unfortunate. What is the relevance to the rest of your post and the plan to bring refugees to Canada?

So in hindsight should we not be spending that $1.2 billion on our Veterans,
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/ptsd-diagnoses-nearly-triple-amongst-veterans-in-8-years-
Homeless in Canada
http://homelesshub.ca/about-homelessness/homelessness-101/how-many-people-are-homeless-canada
Support of Native woman getting murdered every year? http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...indigenous-men-rcmp-confirms/article23868927/
You and I know it will be way more than that as the average cost for a family of 4 is $27000 per year,do the math. Globe and Mail article read http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...hings-to-know-before-youvote/article26363975/.

So in hindsight,yeah take care of these issues first perhaps.
Were do you think we're going to create housing for these people,but can't find housing for our own people?
Job creation?
Mental as well as health issue cost's?
I understand completely what the cost will be!
You naled it on the head,in power 3 weeks and we're taking in 25000 in 6 weeks.
Brilliant idea,ya think?

Last edited:
So in hindsight should we not be spending that $1.2 billion on our Veterans,
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/ptsd-diagnoses-nearly-triple-amongst-veterans-in-8-years-
Homeless in Canada
http://homelesshub.ca/about-homelessness/homelessness-101/how-many-people-are-homeless-canada
Support of Native woman getting murdered every year? http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...indigenous-men-rcmp-confirms/article23868927/
You and I know it will be way more than that as the average cost for a family of 4 is $27000 per year,do the math. Globe and Mail article read http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...hings-to-know-before-youvote/article26363975/.

So in hindsight,yeah take care of these issues first perhaps.
Were do you think we're going to create housing for these people,but can't find housing for our own people?
Job creation?
Mental as well as health issue cost's?
I understand completely what the cost will be!
You naled it on the head,in power 3 weeks and we're taking in 25000 in 6 weeks.
Brilliant idea,ya think?
This is nonsensical rambling. 1.2B over 6 years is a trivial amount of money for a country as rich as Canada. This program is not what is preventing money being spent on supporting veterans, aboriginal women, or homeless people.

Last edited:
This is nonsensical rambling. 1.2B over 6 years is a trivial amount of money for a country as rich as Canada. This program is not what is preventing money being spent on veterans.
What the homeless in Canada in nonsensical rambling? I bet that the families I donate to at the food bank every week would appreciate some thought about them right?
Did you read the facts I posted?
It will not cost $1.2 billion my friend.
I don't know what government/s you trust in Canada,their all a bunch of idiots!

What the homeless in Canada in nonsensical rambling? I bet that the families I donate to at the food bank every week would appreciate some thought about them right?
Did you read the facts I posted?
It will not cost $1.2 billion my friend.
I don't know what government/s you trust in Canada,their all a bunch of idiots!
Yes I read it. No I did not say supporting homelesss people is nonsensical. The idea that the money to bring in refugees is coming out of the pockets of the homeless or veterans is absurd, as is the idea that we can't afford to do this. We can address more than one thing at a time.

Yes I read it. No I did not say supporting homelesss people is nonsensical. The idea that the money to bring in refugees is coming out of the pockets of the homeless or veterans is absurd, as is the idea that we can't afford to do this. We can address more than one thing at a time.
In 6 weeks? Really? So I'm assured our new government has been screening these people thoroughly,correct?
If 1% of the refugees are extremists, we are in some serious trouble.
Big country my friend.

In 6 weeks? Really? So I'm assured our new government has been screening these people thoroughly,correct?
If 1% of the refugees are extremists, we are in some serious trouble.
Big country my friend.
What evidence do you have that they haven't been doing that? There is easier ways for terrorists to come in to Canada that don't involve faking a refugee status. They can take a plane. They can come from the States.

Back