Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,629 comments
I set it up to auto-search my cable (extended-basic 1-77 channels package) and it found 12 digital channels, including a few local PBS stations, ESPN, ESPN 2, NBC, local NBC affiliate 24-7 weather channel, local CBS affiliate 24-7 weather channel, and even a TNT channel.

I'm still cornfused. Digital isn't the same as HD. I may be learning something new here but I haven't ever heard someone getting HD channels weather the local cable or sat. companies without having an HD BOX. I didn't think anyone would be broadcasting the standard signal in HD so that your HD ready TV could pick it up.

Digital is the Signal... it's all the boxes and tears you'd see if it's a bad signal or maybe isn't strong. HD is the Quality of the picture you're seeing, the detail the feed produces. Hopefully that's in line with what DI would say. :dunce:

Last edited:
weezer.jpg

Floor tickets!

This is more an honest question but uh... Recapturing your youth? "questionable substance" involved? xD

Last edited:
I'm still cornfused. Digital isn't the same as HD. I may be learning something new here but I haven't ever heard someone getting HD channels weather the local cable or sat. companies without having an HD BOX. I didn't think anyone would be broadcasting the standard signal in HD so that your HD ready TV could pick it up.
Trust me, I was equally confused last night when they popped in and I saw the ESPN2HD logos down the side and ESPNHD along the bottom.

Honestly, all I know was it was clearer and widescreen. which made me happy.

But after only a few hours today my wife can now see the grain in our analog signal and said she wants digital now. I have been arguing for that upgrade for a while now.

And it looks like when our cable service added some channles a few months back they moved Speed from the Digital Sports package to the Basic Digital Lineup. And G4 got added to Digital as well.

That is $12 and another $4 to get HDTV broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, etc)with a DVR. Tempting....

Are you planning a little party or something? Or having a handful of friends come over?

Neither, really. Just was restocking my supplies. I like making mixed drinks and having a lot of options.

hdub0.jpg

Finally sweet talked my wife into it. She didn't see the point until I told her that now I can clean the drives of our old computers off and get rid of them (I didn't have anything portable that was large enough).

How is that a big selling point?!? :lol:

YES! Got the turbo kit in:)
0813081255.jpg

0813081230.jpg

0813081510.jpg

excuse the crap phone pictures

Quotin this because I saw your post on mr2oc. How you liking the TD06 then? What supporting mods do you have done because I've been eyeing up one of these just in case I get sick of a CT20b. Also does your kit have the wastegate dumppipe or does it reroute into the downpipe?

I mean are you like still on stock injectors fuelpump etc? Also is that still the stock IC???

headbangersjourney.jpg

I just watched it all with a can coke and some waffles, and I must say that it was the best documentary I've ever seen. For $15 it is sooo worth it. 5 Stars.

Now I need to listen to metal for 4 hours, but I have school orientation tomorrow... Oh well music is more important :sly:

^I thought it was a bit weak actually. The guy was more interested in showing he was a metal head than anything. The interviews with those black metal bands were very funny though.

Back