SixAxis Championship Thread - Finished.

• Thread starter Jack
  • 940 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey man, I know RPM changed the DC tune more to his liking and he had about 0.5 on me at least.

I used Lars's DC tune pretty much to the letter only softening the rear damper in an attempt to encourage a bit more turn in...someone will probably now inform me I should have softened the front :lol:

But yeah, DC tune is solid and should easily see you through to round 2. It gives all the expected characteristics of a 4WD tune to the TT and my experience of running the STi around on S2s so much back in the day helped me out a lot. I know that will apply to you as well.

All the best
Maz
haha yeh, well i've still got 3 days or so on practicing. i bet you wished you had a full group to race against? because you do enjoy a good tussle, it's so rewarding.

if i did get to the next round, i'd prefer racing over time trial 10 times over.

I have just used my Sixaxis, for the first time since I bought my wheel last week. Alls I can say is "HELP". :nervous:

OMG Talk about over steer, with the anologue sticks. Just shows how much skill is involved in using the Sixaxis within this game.

I better get some practice in between now and Wednesday. :nervous:

haha, i know you will have it sorted by wednesday, can't wait for the race. i want some close battles.

Heres the tune I created for the TT, which through my testing I found to be roughly .5 faster than the DC tune...at least in my hands with my particular driving style. I will say it took a while to get this car tuned perfectly, as it didn't really repsond to changes in set-up that predictably lol. Best lap in freerun was 1:16.7xx. 👍

-31 -31
3 7
2 6
-0.09 0.00
1.5 1.2
5 6

turning angle: 48
abs 1

I have just used my Sixaxis, for the first time since I bought my wheel last week. Alls I can say is "HELP". :nervous:

OMG Talk about over steer, with the anologue sticks. Just shows how much skill is involved in using the Sixaxis within this game.

I better get some practice in between now and Wednesday. :nervous:

You should try the time trial at HSR with the tuned skyline coupe that was thrown in for this weekend. Man, after one lap my nerves are gone due to the concentration required to get that thing to hook out of the corners. :crazy: A wheel would definately be nice for that car and track :dunce:

Last edited:
Heres the tune I created for the TT, which through my testing I found to be roughly .5 faster than the DC tune...at least in my hands with my particular driving style. I will say it took a while to get this car tuned perfectly, as it didn't really repsond to changes in set-up that predictably lol. Best lap in freerun was 1:16.7xx. 👍

-31 -31
3 7
2 6
-0.09 0.00
1.5 1.2
5 6

turning angle: 48
abs 1

thanks for that man! does the turning angle actually effect the car? i thought that was just for wheel users. didn't think it made a difference to sixaxis.

thanks for that man! does the turning angle actually effect the car? i thought that was just for wheel users. didn't think it made a difference to sixaxis.

Yea it makes difference even with the 6-axis. More so with tail happy cars though. I found that with higher angle the car would turn in a little more aggressively in this case, helping to get weight transferred a little quicker. Good luck bro 👍

Yea it makes difference even with the 6-axis. More so with tail happy cars though. I found that with higher angle the car would turn in a little more aggressively in this case, helping to get weight transferred a little quicker. Good luck bro 👍

thanks alot mate! want to get through now, so many decent guys already in the next stage. i just can't tell...got some well shady characters in my group, undercover fast and that :lol:

it's midnight right now (I'm in GMT+1), I'll probably keep working for a few more hours on my paper...meanwhile I'll check my PM's on both PSN and GTPlanet every 20 minutes or so, if you want to get this race done let me know, I'd rather have fun than going through just because everyone else bailed out.

Last edited:
Last 12 minutes for the weekend special

I'm sorry I didn't find time to give this a go, I had concentrated on the race event instead. Best of luck to all the competitors and advance congratulations to the winner.

All the best
Maz

PRIZE ALERT PRIZE ALERT

highspeedringfwdyh6.gif

2002966409450165926_rs.jpg

Start Date 22 November 00:30
Finish Date 24 November 00:30

Well the time trial i sneaked in there as now finished, going by online standings and pm's sent to myself, the top three look to be

1 timeattack07gt 1:14.511
2 GTP_Gadbury 1:14:838
3 GTP_ElColombano 1:15:063

Once replays have been sent and viewed i will confirm the above results
Thanks GTP_Wanna_B​

That was closer than I expected :scared:. I'm suprised there weren't more competitors :indiff:.

GTP_Wanna_B: I'll get that replay to you ASAP. I have to figure out how to transfer it to my PC, as I've never done that before :dunce:. Thanks 👍

Congrats timeattack!! Definitely the man to beat 👍

All the best
Maz

That was closer than I expected :scared:. I'm suprised there weren't more competitors :indiff:.

GTP_Wanna_B: I'll get that replay to you ASAP. I have to figure out how to transfer it to my PC, as I've never done that before :dunce:. Thanks 👍

The idea was to sneak it in there, with those that visit/write/sometimes compete in this event would stumble on it, i just wanted to mix things up. Below is a link to a post by Sphinx on transfering your replays. CLICK

Congrats timeattack!! Definitely the man to beat 👍

All the best
Maz

Thanks bro! :cheers: If there's one thing I could really use it would have to be a PAL disc :) Hope to see you in the following rounds 👍

Thanks bro! :cheers: If there's one thing I could really use it would have to be a PAL disc :) Hope to see you in the following rounds 👍

Absolutely mate, and now you seem to have won a PAL disc so we shall meet regularly! Funny, I've just ordered an NTSC disc haha :lol:

All the best
Maz

Absolutely mate, and now you seem to have won a PAL disc so we shall meet regularly! Funny, I've just ordered an NTSC disc haha :lol:

All the best
Maz

Where did you get that from, Im looking for a NTSC version for myself

Congrats timeattack. I was thinking I may even have a good chance providing you weren't in the mix! Well done though mate, you're bloomin' quick!

I've zipped up my replay for verification. I've signed up for the Race Database but I don't know how to add a file. Looked around and couldn't see the option to add. Wouldn't even know where to put it :)

Is there an easier way?

Congrats timeattack. I was thinking I may even have a good chance providing you weren't in the mix! Well done though mate, you're bloomin' quick!

Well done timeattack !!! 👍 You're one fast cat: :)

Thanks fellas..I appreciate the compliments 👍 I was just lucky Holl01 didn't sneak into this one haha! :)

I did "try" out for the bonus round but i forgot to submit my time... wasn't quick enough anyways, think i did a 1'15'828 somthing like that.
Congrats to TimeAttack! Well done!

Pm'ing Group 7

When do you guys want to race? I'm free most evenings after 6pm (GMT). Tuesday evening would be best for me.

I can't find GTP_Marky264 GTP username, could someone send it to me please.

Pm'ing Group 7

When do you guys want to race? I'm free most evenings after 6pm (GMT). Tuesday evening would be best for me.

User names here at GTP

Group 1
Delfino
Two Big Paws
H20HYBRID_GT

Group 7
Marky264
paolopepper
C.D
Milkie

Last edited:
Pm'ing Group 7

anytime between 7 and 11 PM GMT on Tuesday is fine with me.

UPDATE - GROUP 7

These are the 3 group left to race. Group 7 you have GTP_Fujiwara-kun added into your group.

GROUP 1
GTP_Delfino - AU (PAL)(D5S)
TwoBigPaws - AU (PAL)(D4B)
GTP_GSTAR74 - DE (PAL NTSC J)(D4S)

Still to complete

GROUP 7
GTP_Marky264 (PAL)(D2G)
Paolopepper - GB (PAL)(D3S)
RetriSearain - IT (PAL)
MilkieDJ - GB (PAL)
GTP_Fujiwara-kun - GB (PAL)(D4G)

Still to complete

GROUP 8
JonesyGT246 - US (NTSC U)
rofajole - US (NTSC-U)
GTP_gitSehT - CA (NTSC U)
GTP_ElColombiano - CO (NTSC U)

Still to complete

The 3 group left, you have until wednesday to complete the races.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back