SixAxis Championship Thread - Finished.

• Thread starter Jack
  • 940 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obli: Thanks a lot mate, guees i might have a second chance to run with you again :D

Synwraith: Thanks and well said, I agree with you:tup:.

Grim Reaper: :bowdown:

SteveO: Thanks mate and keep it up, i'm sure you can beat me in the tii on suzuka :D

JACK: Nothing i can say is enough, perfect choice and well done for stage-6.

:cheers: all and good luck with the upcoming fights :sly:

Marooned

Jack, are we also doing this pit-stop nonsense, as outlined in the GTP_Race Event 02?

I see it as a good idea to swap the race leader and mix up the battle a bit, but flying through the pits is going to cause some issues with people perhaps accidentally cutting lines / grass / hitting barriers (maybe I'm just speaking for myself here!). I'd rather keep the race simple and do no pit-stops / pass-throughs.

All up on page 1 now. As I said before, its the same as Race Event 2. Its hard enough to get a lead on DR as it is, so if you manage to get one, Im sure you deserve it. Pitstops stay in 👍

Hey guys.

Stage 6 is now up and posted. Hope everyone is happy with it. This message is to explain my reasons for choosing this.

I had orginally wanted to put the race on Fuji 550PP RWD. I had done some free runs and all seemed well. I then thought about the races I had when practicing and rarely had I come across any good / fun competition to practice against.

I then looked at where everyone was racing. This was either F430 N1's or Daytona Road. F430 on N1's is an EXTREME challenge with SixAxis, and as much as I would love to put it there for my amusement its not really practical. I then looked at the Daytona Races and who was still in the Offical GTP Competition. Seems we still had races left to go and I didnt want to affect their outcome.

I then messaged Kevin asking if it was ok to run this along side the GTP comp. for practicality. He agreed and here we are now.

You will be using the same layout as they use to race and run it in the excate same way. Any question can be asked here or looked up for in the GTP Discussion Thread.

Hope you dont feel Ive become lazy but chosing this event, I havent and dont want it to come across this way. I think by doing this you will have people to practice against, there are tunes flying around and for people who arent in the GTP Competition, it will hopefully get you to enter next time around.

Before you race you must PM me the times so I can cross reference that there are NO GTP races going on at that time.

Thanks to Kevin and the OLR Team for agreeing to this 👍

Jack

I know that this will certainly not be the case for everybody, for fully understandable reasons, but this selection suits me perfectly and is a huge relief to me Jack.

The Ferrari race was my worst sixaxis nightmare, and this allows me to be a part of Event 02 and the Sixaxis championship, both of which I have poured my soul into and take very seriously. And also every single day my GT5P time reduces.

I am happy to do the pit stops and start after 40 seconds, following Kevin's Event 02 format to the letter.

Do we have a deadline for the races?

Excellent work Jack, I'm (understandably) thrilled at the choice of Stage 6 event.

@GTP_Marooned, I will be in touch asap with a race time organisation PM but feel free to get in touch with me first if you like. I assume you are PAL?

All the best
Maz

Added the date as the 16th March. I want to try and get 2 Races out of this online event change. 12 days seems long enough! Maybe an extention if many are unhappy.

After taking a look at the stage 6 details, I'm really looking forward to this race now. :) I think it is an absolutely brilliant idea to have thrown in pitstops, as this will really minimize the drafting advantage that the slower driver can use the entire race to possibly pull off a win. Pitting will help sort out who really is the quicker driver of the pair, without the help of some exaggerated draft. There should probably be a pitlane steward to enforce the pitting procedure though.

It's also nice to see that we're going to try and get two races in before the next update 👍 I've really enjoyed this Championship so far, other than the fact that it has been a bit slow to move along at times. Lets keep the intensity up :cheers:

There should probably be a pitlane steward to enforce the pitting procedure though.

Why Ive asked you to PM the time of your race 👍 So somebody can watch your entry to make sure its correct and clean 👍

Why Ive asked you to PM the time of your race 👍 So somebody can watch your entry to make sure its correct and clean 👍

If you need any one to Steward a race Jack just let me know, i am free most evenings now 👍

Ok...didn't know mate. 👍 I didn't see any reference to stewarding so that's why I brought it up. This was all that was posted regarding PM'ing you our race time: "Before you race you must PM me the times so I can cross reference that there are NO GTP races going on at that time."

I'd imagine we'll want at least two stewards per race, as the cars will likely be seperated by quite good distances, and cheating can occur through the bus stop chicane and also when doing the pit lane procedure. I completely trust my competitor (Grim), I just want to make sure everything is fair for all parties. The Steward car should be the GT-R ..to ensure that the steward can keep up easily enough :) Or we can just have each steward wait at a designated position (pitlane, and bus stop chicane)

BTW, I'm sure I'll be available to steward for a race as well 👍

Last edited:
Having seen my match up I am now convinced it may be the end of the road for me, but you never know. I will need to get some practice in so that I can get used to the pad again.

Good Luck All

Grim 👍

Sweet.

A reason for me to play GT5p again.

Nice one Jack!

Also, I did read the Race 6 T&C's, but I must've missed the part about entering the pits. There is a huuuuge inner section to the pitlane at DR. Is this out of bounds, just to confirm? I assume we have to stay in between the narrow white lines?

I guess you are referring to the big tarmac area on the left as you exit the pits?

I think in the real racing world you arent allowed to cross the line upon exit at all? Wheels are allowed to be on it but not cross over?

Good choice of event, i know how difficult it can be for some people switching cars, everyday racing thats fine but obviously some people have shown a good commitment to this event and even more so the GTP event, so same car same track makes it easier for those still in both events, all the best 👍

I guess you are referring to the big tarmac area on the left as you exit the pits?

I think in the real racing world you arent allowed to cross the line upon exit at all? Wheels are allowed to be on it but not cross over?
Entrance and Exit of the pits. I think on Event 02 at Fuji, they did allow 2 wheels outside of the double whitelines.

Maaassive Stage 6! :) I'm kind of glad I'm out :sly:
I can steward too, just can't say what evenings I'm available, but if there's a steward needed, just ask and I see what I can do.
But I'd be more of a Pitlane Steward, not even in a GT-R I can follow guys like Timeattack for 10 laps without going off at least once :)

I'm LOVING the car choice!! Really stable car, really like it. I was able to pull off a 1'51.5xx just after my 6th lap with my tune. I'm pretty sure I'll hit the 1'50s or below with a little better tuning and more time with the car.

*Edit*
Good Luck to all the participants, specially you Zissou! :sly: :lol:

Great car - an under-used beauty! What lap times are people hitting? I don't mind sharing my lap times. I did 15 laps earlier and got a 1'49.5. I think I can get into the 1'48s.

Great car - an under-used beauty! What lap times are people hitting? I don't mind sharing my lap times. I did 15 laps earlier and got a 1'49.5. I think I can get into the 1'48s.

Obli

I saw 1'50.9xx but not clean, mine so far is 1'51.1xx

Marooned

Guys, I've used some of your times to post a temporary leaderboard in Luxy's "Online Events laptime" thread, so we can sort of see where we compare to those doing the Event 02 and others generally.

I hope you don't mind me using your times, they are public here after all. If uncomfortable, PM me and I'll remove it from my post 👍

All the best
Maz

No problem - just makes me realise how much slower I am. Right, I have to crack 1'48 so then I don't look quite so silly :)

No problem - just makes me realise how much slower I am. Right, I have to crack 1'48 so then I don't look quite so silly :)

You just have to focus on beating your opponent, the leaderboard is not of that much consequence. Since you're racing RPM you'll definitely have to crack the 1'48s :nervous:

All the best
Maz

Fine with me then. As long as 2 wheels inside the white lines theres no issue 👍

Give us a lap time Mr Stanley :D

All the best
Maz

:lol: If you give me a tune :sly:

EDIT: After about 10 laps hit a 48.642. Reckon there is still .3xx+ to find in that time though!

EDIT 2: With abit more race practice, hit a 48.2xx. Maybe a 47.9xx with afew tweaks to the tune but doubt it.

Last edited:
Holy smokes, I'd better practice... I'm at the end of my journey, I think!

GTP_Synwraith vs GTP_Marooned

A good race, somewhat ruined by an italian punting in his white Ferrari F430, really crappy.

Great racing GTP_Marooned, your pace was good enough to keep me on edge all the way through. I made a ton of mistakes, and totally botched my second pit stop exit. That'll teach me to only run 5 laps prior to a big race :(

Anyway, long story chort, I pitted lap 1, still had enough of a lead to pit again on lap 2, so had the rest of the race to just run free laps. Had some tight racing with Marooned after my second pitstop, he was incredibly respectful and clean, but I got past at one of the hairpins and extended the lead that way.

Many comiserations to you Marooned, you worked very hard for that place with your Elise time trial, sorry it had to be me to end your journey. Really hope we get to race again in the future 👍

Looking forward to the semi-finals greatly :)

All the best
Maz

Congrats Maz and also to Marooned for winning the Elise TT.

Thanks for organising the race so quickly 👍

GTP_Synwraith vs GTP_Marooned

A good race, somewhat ruined by an italian punting in his white Ferrari F430, really crappy.

Great racing GTP_Marooned, your pace was good enough to keep me on edge all the way through. I made a ton of mistakes, and totally botched my second pit stop exit. That'll teach me to only run 5 laps prior to a big race :(

Anyway, long story chort, I pitted lap 1, still had enough of a lead to pit again on lap 2, so had the rest of the race to just run free laps. Had some tight racing with Marooned after my second pitstop, he was incredibly respectful and clean, but I got past at one of the hairpins and extended the lead that way.

Many comiserations to you Marooned, you worked very hard for that place with your Elise time trial, sorry it had to be me to end your journey. Really hope we get to race again in the future 👍

Looking forward to the semi-finals greatly :)

All the best
Maz

LOL Maz the terminator, nice one Marooned you represented Division 4 brilliantly 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back