SixAxis Championship Thread - Finished.

• Thread starter Jack
  • 940 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the write up to all the guys :cheers: Sounds like everyone is enjoying it? 👍

GTP_Synwraith vs GTP_Steveo1965

First off, thanks to GTP_Wanna_B, GTP_rpm and GTP_roomboter for observing the race from various angles and to SteveO for turning up to race exactly on time and being patient with my host disconnect, as well being a gentleman and great sport in organising our race (and sending me a bottle of whisky on race day!)

From pre-race conversations about laptimes I knew I was faster and needed to get a good start from the slightly disadvantageous right side of the pitlane at Daytona, then not throw it away in my least favourite Gran Turismo car of alllll time, the NSX. If I span on the straight, no matter how many seconds a lap faster I was, SteveO would be long gone.

At the very start of the race after the 30 second wait I got a better start and led into turn 1. I managed to open up enough of a gap to break slipstream and pulled away for the rest of the race finishing significantly ahead, making no mistakes. There were only GTPers watching the race and one unfortunate Corvette, so no interruptions from anyone. I finished 1st with SteveO 2nd. Despite finishing far ahead, there were laps where split after split, SteveO wasn't losing time, and those splits were certainly not slow from me. I was never comfortable, always nervous and on the edge. Never let up, credit to Steve-O 👍

Very much looking forward to round 6, and astonishingly, I have developed some affection for the NSX. My best time at DR in this car stands at 1'58.888.

All the best
Maz

Nice one Maz, i told you to drink the whisky not your girlfriend :lol: you are a credit to the GTP tag, and to all the organisers 👍

3 more races left to do. Lets try and get them done by the 26th if we can. Thats when we expect another online event update.
  • timeattack07gt vs snake/gt
  • GTP_Gadbury vs GTP_Marooned
  • GTP_Grim_Reaper vs MilkieDJ - Awaiting reply to a PM from MilkieDJ

Congratulations on advancing Maz! :cheers: And good luck in the next round, unless of course you're paired up with me haha! :dopey:

SteveO: Damn...if only you had sent me that bottle of Whiskey. :dunce: I would have gladly joined you guys using my undercover tag and taken Synwraith out...pounding the bottle of whiskey while I was driving down the road full blast toward Maz :sly: JK of course! :lol:

Great effort though...you should be proud to have made it this far mate 👍

Jack: I sent you a P.M. regarding a race date. Please read it ASAP :cheers:

Congratulations on advancing Maz! :cheers: And good luck in the next round, unless of course you're paired up with me haha! :dopey:

I think I would definitely be in need of good luck in that case!

SteveO: Damn...if only you had sent me that bottle of Whiskey. :dunce: I would have gladly joined you guys using my undercover tag and taken Synwraith out...pounding the bottle of whiskey while I was driving down the road full blast toward Maz :sly: JK of course! :lol:

:lol:

Great effort though...you should be proud to have made it this far mate 👍

Absolutely, couldn't agree more 👍

All the best
Maz

Well its all over for me unfortunatly and not in a glorious fashion either.
Start of the race simple el zissou took the lead for the first lap kept with him the whole time but couldnt get close enough to draft him for a pass.Second lap same thing kept with him this time i thought i was catching go into the chicane a little to hot misjudged the entry back end goes out wildly, hits the grass then the whole cars spins out and from then on its game over kept going but there is no way you can catch somebody who probably did have a slightly faster car in the section on the last lap when i was still on the infield section i could even see him going round the bowl.He finished over 10 seconds ahead im sure just from that one little mistake. But oh well good luck to the rest of you on the next round.

When the hell did this start again i thought the poll was after world events, shame no 1 pm'd to tell me of the changes, ps good luck anyways guy's cause theres a new spot opened up for the final that had my name on it :crazy:

When the hell did this start again i thought the poll was after world events, shame no 1 pm'd to tell me of the changes, ps good luck anyways guy's cause theres a new spot opened up for the final that had my name on it :crazy:

It has never stopped. We did a Poll to see what people wanted to do for Stage 3. You submit your chioce but never submitted a time.

Well its all over for me unfortunatly and not in a glorious fashion either.
Start of the race simple el zissou took the lead for the first lap kept with him the whole time but couldnt get close enough to draft him for a pass.Second lap same thing kept with him this time i thought i was catching go into the chicane a little to hot misjudged the entry back end goes out wildly, hits the grass then the whole cars spins out and from then on its game over kept going but there is no way you can catch somebody who probably did have a slightly faster car in the section on the last lap when i was still on the infield section i could even see him going round the bowl.He finished over 10 seconds ahead im sure just from that one little mistake. But oh well good luck to the rest of you on the next round.

i think that says it all. sorry that happened paolo, as i mentioned earlier daytona is probably the most unforgiving track. the very same thing has happened to me in countless races there. i think it would have been a close one if you hadnt gotten caught up in a spin. thanks for a smooth experience, and i hope to see you out there again :cheers:

Final 2 Races. Will send PM's to these competitors now 👍

• GTP_Gadbury vs GTP_Marooned

GTP_timeattack vs. snake/gt Winner- GTP_timeattack

Our race was rather uneventful, and luckily uninterrupted by any other drivers thanks to the small grid. 👍 I had gotten several hours of practice at Daytona in the morning with Synwraith, Zissou and a host of other folks that were competing in the 350Z event at Daytona. By the time it came for snake and I to race, I was primed to go and ready to put in the best performance I could.

At the start snake/gt took the lead into T1 with me closely behind. As soon as we hit T2, snake broke a bit late and ran wide, leaving a nice opening for me to sneak through cleanly. From there I was able to get into a nice rhythm pulling away from snake at a good rate. I saw snake spin off into the grass at T4 on lap 3, which pretty much ended any chance for him to take the win, unless I made a massive mistake.

I ended up winning the race by roughly 30 seconds, setting lap times in the low 58 range (58.5, 58.3, 57.9, 58.2). I was also able to dip into the 57's for the first time, setting a new PB of 1'57.903 which was a great way for me to end this round of the Championship. :)

Big thanks to snake for helping to smoothly and quickly organize our race date without ANY issues. 👍 Also, I'd like to give a big thanks to El_Zissou for stewarding our race, when no one else was available. Thanks guys! :cheers:

Things will be heating up next round, I sure can't wait to see what lies ahead :sly:

Here's the tune I was using if anyone is interested:

Power: 291
Weight: 92

Front - S1 Rear - S2

Ride height F: -29 R: -28
Spring rate F: 4 R: 5
Damper F: 3 R: 4
Toe F: -.08 R: +.27
Camber F: 1.7 R: 1.5
Brake F: 5 R: 7

steering angle: 38

1st: 2.622
2nd: 1.744
3rd: 1.356
4th: 1.078
5th: .885
6th: .795

final: 4.035

Last edited:
GTP_timeattack vs. snake/gt Winner- GTP_timeattack

Our race was rather uneventful, and luckily uninterrupted by any other drivers thanks to the small grid. 👍 I had gotten several hours of practice at Daytona in the morning with Synwraith, Zissou and a host of other folks that were competing in the 350Z event at Daytona. By the time it came for snake and I to race, I was primed to go and ready to put in the best performance I could.

At the start snake/gt took the lead into T1 with me closely behind. As soon as we hit T2, snake broke a bit late and ran wide, leaving a nice opening for me to sneak through cleanly. From there I was able to get into a nice rhythm pulling away from snake at a good rate. I saw snake spin off into the grass at T4 on lap 3, which pretty much ended any chance for him to take the win, unless I made a massive mistake.

I ended up winning the race by roughly 30 seconds, setting lap times in the low 58 range (58.5, 58.3, 57.9, 58.2). I was also able to dip into the 57's for the first time, setting a new PB of 1'57.903 which was a great way for me to end this round of the Championship. :)

Big thanks to snake for helping to smoothly and quickly organize our race date without ANY issues. 👍 Also, I'd like to give a big thanks to El_Zissou for stewarding our race, when no one else was available. Thanks guys! :cheers:

Things will be heating up next round, I sure can't wait to see what lies ahead :sly:

Here's the tune I was using if anyone is interested:

Power: 291
Weight: 92

Front - S1 Rear - S2

Ride height F: -29 R: -28
Spring rate F: 4 R: 5
Damper F: 3 R: 4
Toe F: -.08 R: +.27
Camber F: 1.7 R: 1.5
Brake F: 5 R: 7

steering angle: 38

1st: 2.622
2nd: 1.744
3rd: 1.356
4th: 1.078
5th: .885
6th: .795

final: 4.035

Hey there, is there any room to join the sixaxis race events. I was in the first event but then i couldn't get online, but i'm back after 4 months. Where is everyone i cant find anyone that i used to race against?

Hey there, is there any room to join the sixaxis race events. I was in the first event but then i couldn't get online, but i'm back after 4 months. Where is everyone i cant find anyone that i used to race against?

From the many people that originally put their name down for the tournament, not many supplied time trial laps in the Audi TT. Those that did then went onto racing in the next stage, but some didn't turn up for the races. Again after that in stage 3 people didn't do the TVR and so on and so forth.

Many got eliminated, then re-instated due to some more dropouts. Those who were eliminated got let back in because they had put in the effort to turn up. Don't get me wrong mate, you've clearly had issues being online so this isn't directed at you in any way, just giving you a run-down of events 👍

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that after this stage it will be down to the very last remaining few who have all earned their place in the finals by taking part in all rounds and giving up time and participation in other events and winning, myself included.

In other words, I'm sure everyone just wants to see who is the champion from the succesful few left, then get even more people such as yourselves involved for the next championship running and keep them all involved using the experience and expertise gained from running the event first time through 👍

:cheers:

All the best
Maz

Yeah you dropped out in Stage 2 of the event (Page 10). Maz has given a great over-view of whats happened. We are now down the the final racers of the event and its coming to a close with the fastest left. IF we do carry it on into a second championship, feel free to enter, but at the minute there is nothing in the plans.

Final Race - Last chance for MilkieDJ

Sooo.....How's it going to be, I mean since events changed.

*PS* Jack, I would LOVE N1 tires F430 for the next round! hehe ;)

Racing the 430 on N tires would make for an intense round to say the least, although I'd imagine most people would leave TCS on as a safety net. I haven't tried an actual race in that event yet, but I'd venture to guess that off course excursions are quite common.

It would be nice to get a race at Fuji for the next stage, as we haven't gotten one there as of yet. 💡 Up to this point we've had two races at Suzuka and one at Daytona, besides the time trials. But as always, I'm up for whatever :)

GTP_Grim_Reaper vs MilkieDJ

GTP_Grim_Reaper to go through to the next round. I would PM MilkieDJ to inform him but as he hasnt replied to any yet and hasnt signed in since Jan, there not much point.

Through To The Next Round
  1. GTP_rpm
  2. rofajole
  3. GTP_Synwraith
  4. EL_ZISSOU
  5. timeattack07gt
  6. GTP_Gadbury
  7. GTP_Grim_Reaper

Time Trail For Round 5 Runners Up

Track

This Time Trail is for a place back into the competition and they will compete again.

The list below shows the racers that are allowed to enter.

snake/gt
Paolopepper
GTP_Marooned
MilkieDJ
GTP_SteveO1965
Belifant
GTP_Lyvan

This will run for only 24 Hours when posted at 00:01 GMT Saturday morning (Friday night for some).

Keep your eyes focused for more info.​

Track

This Time Trail is for a place back into the competition and they will compete again.

snake/gt
Paolopepper
GTP_Marooned
MilkieDJ
GTP_SteveO1965
Belifant
GTP_Lyvan

This will run for only 24 Hours when posted at 00:01 GMT Saturday morning (Friday night for some).

Nice one Jack, i will give this a go 👍

Racing the 430 on N tires would make for an intense round to say the least, although I'd imagine most people would leave TCS on as a safety net. I haven't tried an actual race in that event yet, but I'd venture to guess that off course excursions are quite common.

It would be nice to get a race at Fuji for the next stage, as we haven't gotten one there as of yet. 💡 Up to this point we've had two races at Suzuka and one at Daytona, besides the time trials. But as always, I'm up for whatever :)

Actually racing in that event would be awesome specially for me, since 95% of my time in GT5P is spent sideways! haha

snake/gt
Paolopepper
GTP_Marooned
MilkieDJ
GTP_SteveO1965
Belifant
GTP_Lyvan

I would take part too, but I probably won't be able to race again before sunday, so it might be happen without me. :indiff:

Sounds :crazy: for me but i can do it, if it's a time trial not an online head to head, it will be short sessions for me but it depends on the car. Jack, you didn't mention the car just the track :odd:

Sounds :crazy: for me but i can do it, if it's a time trial not an online head to head, it will be short sessions for me but it depends on the car. Jack, you didn't mention the car just the track :odd:

He has probably left the car out on purpose seeing as it is a specific time frame event.

Like he said "Keep you eyes focused for more info".

👍

As Grim says, it's a time specific event for the guys knocked out in round 5, i believe one person, the fastest will gain a wildcard so the next round can go ahead with 8 racers. The idea being you should all be getting pm's from Jack letting you know about this TT, this post then lets you know details of the event, the car to be used will be posted at a later date, when car is posted you will have 24hrs to crack off your fastest lap, the fastest clean lap goes through.

Simple enough, have fun and good luck

As Grim says, it's a time specific event for the guys knocked out in round 5, i believe one person, the fastest will gain a wildcard so the next round can go ahead with 8 racers. The idea being you should all be getting pm's from Jack letting you know about this TT, this post then lets you know details of the event, the car to be used will be posted at a later date, when car is posted you will have 24hrs to crack off your fastest lap, the fastest clean lap goes through.

Simple enough, have fun and good luck

Hey There Wanna_B, at long last i'm back online now. Is it possible for me to re-enter the Sixaxis Competition?? I know that it's come a long way but it's competition that were all looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back