SixAxis Championship Thread - Finished.

• Thread starter Jack
  • 940 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the kind words Steve but I'm really wrapped up in the Event 02 races (although not if EDK puts me out!) so I have no idea when I can practice. And the NSX is my single most hated car in all GT series.

Jack may well have taken that into account when pairing us up mate, he knows how atrociously poor I am with this car regardless of division. I'm not sure I've ever completed a full lap with this vehicle without losing it.

It will be close mate, certainly no walkover for me mate :)

All the best
Maz

I just finished my Event 02 race and won so am in the third round, i will try and get some practise with the NSX at Daytona, i hope to give you a bit of a race mate but very much doubt it, that offer of a bottle of whisky stands but you must drink the whole bottle on the night of our race :lol::cheers:

NSX good round daytona, better dont really know if el zizzou is quick all i know is in stage 3 he was exactly 1 tenth behind me so should be close.One thing i dont get is the starting seems abit complicated wouldnt it be simpler just to pull over then roll back to the start line instead of going over there?

What its complicated to move across the grass and stop behind a line ;) :lol:

We have started this way in many Daytona events and it has worked. If you stay on the track its likely to get hit as there is a small area to pull into.

I can't get to the starting line within the 20 seconds, cause when I turn left at the rolling start and slide over the gras to the pits, I'm already past the starting line, so I have to go back. Am I doing something wrong or am I just stupid?

It doesnt take that long to do the move. If you brake from the start and turn left straight away you will easily make the grid spot. I have completed this when setting up this round and been able to get to the grid spots with 5+ seconds to spare.

Maybe if you start further back in can take longer. You can arrange with your partner, more delay on the start but you run the risk of not finishing.

I just got my tune sorted out and did a PB of 1'58.207. I think with some more practice I'll get into the 57's. 👍

Nice time timeattack 👍 Might pop over to Daytona tonight for a few races.

Cool...maybe I'll see you for a few races. :) This is the first time I've raced at Daytona in quite some time.

I did some laps earlier today, and I have to say I am simply astonished at how the NSX handles around Daytona Road. I didn't spin it even once in about 8 laps I tried!

I didn't tune the car at all really, just did some laps on S3, then some on S2. S2 seemed faster.

So with no tuning and 8 laps, managed a low 2'01.

I look forward to trying it with some tuning.

All the best
Maz

Glad your enjoying it! We tired to mix it up and JP has come out with a cracking idea 👍 NSX fits well.

Told you, you could get the hang on the car. Bet you wish you did WRS now ;) :lol:

I did some laps earlier today, and I have to say I am simply astonished at how the NSX handles around Daytona Road. I didn't spin it even once in about 8 laps I tried!

I didn't tune the car at all really, just did some laps on S3, then some on S2. S2 seemed faster.

So with no tuning and 8 laps, managed a low 2'01.

I look forward to trying it with some tuning.

All the best
Maz

After reading this i am going to get drunk and jump off a bridge :crazy: after around 30 laps last night the best i could manage was a 2:04:5xx

Glad your enjoying it! We tired to mix it up and JP has come out with a cracking idea 👍 NSX fits well.

Told you, you could get the hang on the car. Bet you wish you did WRS now ;) :lol:

At Suzuka? Yuck :scared:

I just don't do well at time trials I don't think, not as good a hotlapper as racer.

After reading this i am going to get drunk and jump off a bridge :crazy: after around 30 laps last night the best i could manage was a 2:04:5xx

Hey Steve, why don't you upload a replay of your best lap and maybe some of the guys and myself can hopefully give some advice on how to lower the laptime? Well...not me, but certainly people like Timeattack, Jack and RPM as they are significantly faster at this moment in time. If no one else has anything to say I'll gladly offer any help I can mate.

Are you using any driving aids? I had TC set to 1 on my best lap.

All the best
Maz

It could be worse, I have to race against RPM who did a 1'59.xxx!!!! :nervous:

Edit: By now probably even lower!

I know exactly how your feeling ,I got timeattack:nervous:and he's looking to break 1.58's.:crazy: I'am running mid 2.02's with the excellent tune provided by Ravenmaven :👍.All you can do is try your best cause anything can happen.
Good Luck & Good Racing:gtpflag::

I can't break the two minute barrier! Best so far 2'00.042... using RavenMaven's tune. It is possible for me to get in to the high 1'59s in time, but 1'58 (let alone 1'57) are unthinkable times for me.

I have also tried Blitz187's tune. It feels a little better in the corners but it doesn't quite have the pace on the straights... I can be ahead first half of the lap but the pure grunt / gearing of RavenMaven's tune allows that setup to overtake in the last half of the lap.

For those that are sub 2'00, what tunes are you using?

For those that are sub 2'00, what tunes are you using?

The same tune most of the fastest guys use when running incredible times, their own :)

To be fair, I think they start with a baseline tune like Raven's or a DC tune, then adjust what will suit their driving the best.

All the best
Maz

I'm using my own custom tune for this one, created entirely from scratch. I've been pretty happy with DC's tunes of late, usually with a few changes here and there though. Really depends on what makes me happy. I won't go with somebodies tune unless I really like it AND am fast with it. 👍 The DC tunes for the Clio (Fuji, Suzuka) and M3 (Fuji) have been in the ballpark in terms of getting you up to pace quickly (which is always nice) and giving you a good base to work with. Unfortunately AFAIK he doesn't have a tune for the NSX though.

I'll throw this out there...some tunes feel great and easy to control and all, but sacrifice all out cornering speed and lap times for controllability and predictability. I'm never done tinkering with my tunes until I feel I have the pace I should or until I've thrown every trick in the book at the tune.

Last edited:
Thanks for the words of wisdom - I do agree, timeattack. I've been trying out two tunes. One feels great (comfortable, stable, predictable) and the other the opposite... a bit unsettled... but it is the latter, unsettled one that has enabled me to do my quickest laps so far. I need to get used to it, is all.

My best so far is 1'59.197, 2nd best 1.59.5 and then the rest 2'00 and above... so not consistent.

Last edited:
Feel free to add reviews of your races like members have for Event 2 👍

GTP_Lyvan vs Rofajole

Lap 1: I starting from the left, but I braked too much on the first corner and rofajole takes the lead of the race. On the hairpin another guy in the race punts me, but I didn´t lose too much time because of that (because of the other racer, LinPark couldn´t stay too close of the battle between rofajole and me).
Lap 2: rofajole keeps up as leader of the race, always with a gap not superior to 1 second.
Laps 3 & 4: GTP_Lyvan takes the 1st place and battle remains hot hot hot, with gaps lower than 0.800.
Lap 5: rofajole passes me by in the main straight, starting lap 5 and our gap remains lower than 1 second...at the chicane (I have serious trouble with that curve) I lost a bit of control, which leaves rofajole free to go to the finish line and claim the victory.

It was a very close battle. I never could manage to get along with the NSX tune, and since I have a wheel I dont use a controller anymore, which made my performance very low...still, rofajole deserved to win, he was clearly more consistent on his laps than me.

Good luck to rofajole, and the guys who progress to the next round...

Kind regards

Thanks for the report! Sounded like a good, close race. Did the pressure get the better of you through the chicane (bus stop) on the final lap? :)

GTP_rpm vs. Belifant

We competed yesterday, went at 8.03pm GMT and the race was only with 4 people.

Lap 1 - Belifant got the jump at the start and straight away I could see he was on softer tyres. As I left 2 long black stripes behind me on the S1/S1's. He lead for the first half of the lap, but I got him going into the left hander before you re-join the speedway. He held my slipstream, sniffed at a pass into the bus-stop, but backed out.

Lap 2 - My S1/S1 combo allowed me to get a slight gap down the back straight and Belifant couldn't quite keep up. Once he lost the slipstream, it was pretty much game over as the other two guys in the race wern't a real problem to either of us (I think).

Lap 3/4/5 - I lead the whole way, no drama quite straight forward outfront with laptimes of 1'58.9xx 1'58.9xx and finished on a 1'58.7xx.

I gave my tune to Belifant after the race and he reported that within 5 laps, he had improved on his old personal best by 2 seconds! Thanks to Belifant for being quick with the replies, showing up on time and putting in the effort.

Roll on Round 6!

Some good races so far by the sounds of it!

Using Raven's tune I've managed to run a 1'59.5xx today. Did a 5-lap race and a further 8 laps or so of practise. That lap came in the free run. I was very close with my ghost (a 2'00.290) and then just nailed the chicane leaving my ghost 0.7 seconds behind. And this is with a very questionable Turn 1. So Raven's tune is a definite 1'58 tune 👍

Still shocked at how well behaved the NSXR is being on S1 tyres on this track. Utterly amazed. No traction control used by me either.

All the best
Maz

Last edited:
HTML:
GTP_rpm vs. Belifant

We competed yesterday, went at 8.03pm GMT and the race was only with 4 people.

Lap 1 - Belifant got the jump at the start and straight away I could see he was on softer tyres. As I left 2 long black stripes behind me on the S1/S1's. He lead for the first half of the lap, but I got him going into the left hander before you re-join the speedway. He held my slipstream, sniffed at a pass into the bus-stop, but backed out.

Lap 2 - My S1/S1 combo allowed me to get a slight gap down the back straight and Belifant couldn't quite keep up. Once he lost the slipstream, it was pretty much game over as the other two guys in the race wern't a real problem to either of us (I think).

Lap 3/4/5 - I lead the whole way, no drama quite straight forward outfront with laptimes of 1'58.9xx 1'58.9xx and finished on a 1'58.7xx.

I gave my tune to Belifant after the race and he reported that within 5 laps, he had improved on his old personal best by 2 seconds! Thanks to Belifant for being quick with the replies, showing up on time and putting in the effort.

Roll on Round 6!

Yeah I had good speed in the corners, but on the straights in Lap 1 I just didn't have enough power to overtake you, even with slipstream. Then on the beginning of Lap 2 I did some minor mistakes which cost me some time, and you were gone.

With your tune, I could definitely have taken the lead back on the Speedway in Lap 1, so it might've been a bit of a closer race, but it's still clear who's the faster driver, you did amazing laptimes, very consistent!

I'm happy I could keep up with you for at least 1 lap, big improvement for me :) Round 5 reminded me why I came to GTPlanet, thanks for that!

Good luck for Round 6, guess it's cutting down to the top drivers now.

GTP_Lyvan vs Rofajole

Lap 1: I starting from the left, but I braked too much on the first corner and rofajole takes the lead of the race. On the hairpin another guy in the race punts me, but I didn´t lose too much time because of that (because of the other racer, LinPark couldn´t stay too close of the battle between rofajole and me).
Lap 2: rofajole keeps up as leader of the race, always with a gap not superior to 1 second.
Laps 3 & 4: GTP_Lyvan takes the 1st place and battle remains hot hot hot, with gaps lower than 0.800.
Lap 5: rofajole passes me by in the main straight, starting lap 5 and our gap remains lower than 1 second...at the chicane (I have serious trouble with that curve) I lost a bit of control, which leaves rofajole free to go to the finish line and claim the victory.

It was a very close battle. I never could manage to get along with the NSX tune, and since I have a wheel I dont use a controller anymore, which made my performance very low...still, rofajole deserved to win, he was clearly more consistent on his laps than me.

Good luck to rofajole, and the guys who progress to the next round...

Kind regards

Great Report Lyvan, I couln't have said it better. And I gotta admit that if you didn't mess up on the chicane, you could of possibly pass me on the bank with a little help of slipstream. But it really was a close race!! The greatest gap I remember was in the first lap on the first section, which I had an advantage of only about 1 1/2 sec. The rest of the race it was a real close race. I remember when I was behind Lyvan that I was always on his rear of his car, and that was pretty much all I could see. Really can't tell when he was behind me, since I was too concentrated on what was going on in front of me. lol

GTP_Synwraith vs GTP_Steveo1965

First off, thanks to GTP_Wanna_B, GTP_rpm and GTP_roomboter for observing the race from various angles and to SteveO for turning up to race exactly on time and being patient with my host disconnect, as well being a gentleman and great sport in organising our race (and sending me a bottle of whisky on race day!)

From pre-race conversations about laptimes I knew I was faster and needed to get a good start from the slightly disadvantageous right side of the pitlane at Daytona, then not throw it away in my least favourite Gran Turismo car of alllll time, the NSX. If I span on the straight, no matter how many seconds a lap faster I was, SteveO would be long gone.

At the very start of the race after the 30 second wait I got a better start and led into turn 1. I managed to open up enough of a gap to break slipstream and pulled away for the rest of the race finishing significantly ahead, making no mistakes. There were only GTPers watching the race and one unfortunate Corvette, so no interruptions from anyone. I finished 1st with SteveO 2nd. Despite finishing far ahead, there were laps where split after split, SteveO wasn't losing time, and those splits were certainly not slow from me. I was never comfortable, always nervous and on the edge. Never let up, credit to Steve-O 👍

Very much looking forward to round 6, and astonishingly, I have developed some affection for the NSX. My best time at DR in this car stands at 1'58.888.

All the best
Maz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back