SixAxis Championship Thread - Finished.

• Thread starter Jack
  • 940 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondered if it'll show up in the main topic etc? If not, that's cool.

Arh sorry didnt understand. Yeah it has been confirmed I think! Dont think Im going to put the time / date on the front page though! I will post the results of each race though.

Synwraith told us your group as arranged your race events, so maybe both me and Jack or one of us will be in the race to monitor etc

I pm'ed my GROUP 8 on Friday...no word yet...
JonesyGT246 - US (NTSC U)
rofajole - US (NTSC-U)

If I don't hear back do I win :)

Sorry gitSeht. I'm kinda lazy when it comes to deadlines. I'll send you the times I'm available to race soon.

good news, i am in the championship, with one condition :( :lol:

can't wait to find out what group i'm in.

Which is turning out to be very hard to fit you in. With a time of 1:17.422 its hard to fit you in.

Which is turning out to be very hard to fit you in. With a time of 1:17.422 its hard to fit you in.

sorry for the trouble mate, to be honest i only did 2 laps in the TT to get 1.17.422, but i think the next step up is like low 16's which would require some work for me to do.

umm how about you make a new group and the new guys can join that or something? there's already one guy who wants to join and i;m sure they'd be another two?

Last edited:
sorry for the trouble mate, to be honest i only did 2 laps in the TT to get 1.17.422, i can get 1.17.2 without a shadow of a doubtm if you want me to join group 3 (which only has 3 members) i can do that. no problem

Thats the thing you cant. You have a PAL game and they are NSTC-J. Until there is a world event you cant race them (unless you have the japense game).

You would fit into group 6 but as they already have 4 racers and have a time and date set ready to race, its not looking good.

Thats the thing you cant. You have a PAL game and they are NSTC-J. Until there is a world event you cant race them (unless you have the japense game).

You would fit into group 6 but as they already have 4 racers and have a time and date set ready to race, its not looking good.

i just noticed and edited my post, but you were to quick! my what dedication you have:tup:

not looking good man.

i'd say how about making a group of 3 and having it

1st = 4 points
2nd = 3 points
3rd = 2 points

there's already me and that guy that want to join hopefully another PAL guy comes?

just had a look at that guys posts and i think he may be NTSC. - "patriotzero"

Last edited:
jack/wanna_b, our group has a problem. ivyan/el_columbiano has a full private message box. what should we do?

hey ivyan/el_columbiano, if you see this- we are trying to set up races between 8-12 in the evenings, eastern time. will that work for you?

Jack/Wanna_B, our group has a problem. ivyan/el_columbiano has a full private message box. what should we do?

hey ivyan/el_columbiano, if you see this- we are trying to set up races between 8-12 in the evenings, eastern time. will that work for you?

Right you have done your best to get in touch, i would say get the others in your group to arrange a time that you can race, post on here the details and if he does not respond/show up we can count him out

good news, i am in the championship, with one condition

can't wait to find out what group i'm in.

The only way i could see this working for you was if another group was ok with you joining them, my recommendation would be:
GROUP 4
SpawnBlack - GB (PAL)
GTP_Grim_Reaper - GB (PAL)(D1B)
GTP_Profi - DE (PAL)(D3S)
marchi-91 - AU (PAL)

they all clocked a better time than yourself, but you did run only 2 laps, if these guys are ok with you joining then im sure myself and Jack would be ok

oh i forgot to join come on guys add me add me i am starting now

Same goes for you, i know you was one of the first to add your name to this event and for whatever reason you went missing, am i right in thinking you have the japanese version of the game if so, same thing for you, get in touch with the members of this group, if they are all agreed on you joining, making their group into a foursome, then we are ok with that, obviously if your not Japanese version then you cannot be in this group
GROUP 3
crorastafa - HR (NTSC-J)
Lotrzyna - PL (NTSC-J)
Subie-Dude - CA (NTSC J)

Points scoring: group of four=4,3,2,1 group of three=3,2,1
Don't forget a race in this event could last in excess of 15 minutes including your initial joining a race, make sure you leave enough time between races to all safely make it into the next race
cheers Wanna_B

Last edited:
Right you have done your best to get in touch, i would say get the others in your group to arrange a time that you can race, post on here the details and if he does not respond/show up we can count him out

ok man, we will go with that.

iyvan/el_columbiano- if you see this, we are going to try and hold our first race tomorrow night (11/20), sometime between 10-11 eastern time. if you see this, please clear out your private message box- i have not been able to send you a message because it is full. please send me a message and let me know if you are free, and i will respond back and send you the start time. thank you!!

also, jack/wanna_b- just a heads up that we are looking to get some time from one of you guys tomorrow night to follow us- i will include you as soon as we have consensus on a time. thank you!!

Last edited:
Same goes for you, i know you was one of the first to add your name to this event and for whatever reason you went missing, am i right in thinking you have the japanese version of the game if so, same thing for you, get in touch with the members of this group, if they are all agreed on you joining, making their group into a foursome, then we are ok with that, obviously if your not Japanese version then you cannot be in this group
GROUP 3
crorastafa - HR (NTSC-J)
Lotrzyna - PL (NTSC-J)
Subie-Dude - CA (NTSC J)

Points scoring: group of four=4,3,2,1 group of three=3,2,1
Don't forget a race in this event could last in excess of 15 minutes including your initial joining a race, make sure you leave enough time between races to all safely make it into the next race
cheers Wanna_B

no problems from me, more than welcome.
I have not heard back from crorastafa either (unsure if Lotrzyna has or not), hopefully he'll chime in soon tho...

cheers,
Flyin' STi
PSN id ~ Subie-dude

Numpty Alert

I accidentally deleted pm's in my inbox while clearing it out and need those groups that have arranged a time for their events to send me a fresh pm with dates/times etc, do not post here as it may encourage to many people to gatecrash your event and prevent a group member joining at his allocated time
cheers GTP_Wanna_B

also, jack/wanna_b- just a heads up that we are looking to get some time from one of you guys tomorrow night to follow us- i will include you as soon as we have consensus on a time. thank you!!

That will be a problem, i know i only have the PAL version of the game and don't think Jack as any other version, not sure if we have a friend who races in your region who could tag along to be our eyes, would need to see if Jack/myself can persuade somebody, if not i'm hoping that seen as all racers are members of this board that they know the OLR rules and would have been following them even without my little say so here
cheers GTP_Wanna_B

Last edited:
Numpty Alert

I accidentally deleted pm's in my inbox while clearing it out and need those groups that have arranged a time for their events to send me a fresh pm with dates/times etc, do not post here as it may encourage to many people to gatecrash your event and prevent a group member joining at his allocated time
cheers GTP_Wanna_B

That will be a problem, i know i only have the PAL version of the game and don't think Jack as any other version, not sure if we have a friend who races in your region who could tag along to be our eyes, would need to see if Jack/myself can persuade somebody, if not i'm hoping that seen as all racers are members of this board that they know the OLR rules and would have been following them even without my little say so here
cheers GTP_Wanna_B

Hi GTP_Wanna_B,

I may have to drop out of this event as i could only sign in to the network last night for 5 mins tops before it throws me out of the netwrok. I'm wondering if you can contact my group for me and let them know of my situation (just one person in group).

Also if can get things up and running again this weekend or even before wed can i still take part ?? But that is only if the other guys in my group have not yet done their races or fit me in with another group for the latest time possible. In all senario's if i get back online with no prob's then i will let you know when i get signed in and contact the other's.

cheers GTP_Wanna_B

fine by me, i have clean races with TA all the time, and snake seems like a polite fellow 👍

Hi GTP_Wanna_B,

I may have to drop out of this event as i could only sign in to the network last night for 5 mins tops before it throws me out of the netwrok. I'm wondering if you can contact my group for me and let them know of my situation (just one person in group).

Also if can get things up and running again this weekend or even before wed can i still take part ?? But that is only if the other guys in my group have not yet done their races or fit me in with another group for the latest time possible. In all senario's if i get back online with no prob's then i will let you know when i get signed in and contact the other's.

Ok, as for now we will carry on as though you are in this event, if problems sorted before race day, great, if not, it was unfortunate but thanks for taking part, i can now see no reason why Zetec-ss cannot join this group, if all goes ok for Spawnblack, we have 5 in this group but as it does not look promising for Spawnblack having Zetec-ss in here will bring the group back to four racers.
Amended group 4

GROUP 4
Zetec-ss- GB (PAL)
marchi-91 - AU (PAL)

can at least one person from this group take responsibility on contacting other group members on arranging a race date/time, then let me know.
Soon as a date and time have been arranged i will pm Spawnblack just in case he's up and running
cheers GTP_Wanna_B

fine by me, i have clean races with TA all the time, and snake seems like a polite fellow

Never had any doubts that those taking part in this event would race each other anyway but clean/fair
cheers GTP_Wanna_B

Last edited:
Ok, as for now we will carry on as though you are in this event, if problems sorted before race day, great, if not, it was unfortunate but thanks for taking part, i can now see no reason why Zetec-ss cannot join this group, if all goes ok for Spawnblack, we have 5 in this group but as it does not look promising for Spawnblack having Zetec-ss in here will bring the group back to four racers.
Amended group 4

GROUP 4
Zetec-ss- GB (PAL)
marchi-91 - AU (PAL)

can at least one person from this group take responsibility on contacting other group members on arranging a race date/time, then let me know.
Soon as a date and time have been arranged i will pm Spawnblack just in case he's up and running
cheers GTP_Wanna_B

Never had any doubts that those taking part in this event would race each other anyway but clean/fair
cheers GTP_Wanna_B

Thanks GTP_Wanna_B, hopefully my luck will change and i will be able to compete with the top elite. 👍

Thanks GTP_Wanna_B, hopefully my luck will change and i will be able to compete with the top elite. 👍

Hey mate, did you get a chance to do any hotlaps in the Audi before your PSN started to give you grief? Been checking back every day to see people's practice times in the Audi and haven't seen any :(

All the best
Maz

Hey mate, did you get a chance to do any hotlaps in the Audi before your PSN started to give you grief? Been checking back every day to see people's practice times in the Audi and haven't seen any :(

All the best
Maz

Yeah i did, even though i was only singed in for about 10 mins. I got a time of 2:18.3 so o know i can go faster if i could get some more time on there. But i'm going to keep trying and hopefully be back before the 2nd stage ends.

SpawnB

As me and JP both have PAL copies of the game, I have sorted out that GTP_LinPark will steward this one. He agreed to this yesterday and need to double check with him today. If you can PM me the times you are going to race so I can let him know.

Thanks Jack

As me and JP both have PAL copies of the game, I have sorted out that GTP_LinPark will steward this one. He agreed to this yesterday and need to double check with him today. If you can PM me the times you are going to race so I can let him know.

Thanks Jack

I sent both of you guys a PM with our Group 5 race time. Hopefully we can make this happen. Thanks!

-Brock

I'll be there - make sure you guys wash your cars (especially the hind ends) because I plan to record this for posterity so just giving you a heads-up to put your best butts forward. :)

Really stupider question.... if the race starts and we wait 30 seconds, chances are by the end of the race we will be 60-90seconds off the leaders pace, how will we see the race positions? I know the honour system works (sometimes) but if it is a close race and it ends during passing or even close, there may be some disputes.

I practiced online the other night...I pulled over let the other 9 drivers go by and ended up in 6th place eventually but was still 60-70 seconds slower and that was with out waiting the 30 seconds.

All the best
Maz

You set a pretty quick lap there I think. I've managed a 2'18.034 on free run. Using the DC tune but I changed the gearing. I should be able to break in to the high 2'17's with a bit more practice!

Stupid question :dunce: after waiting 30 seconds how do we line up?

If you're racing with 3 people total you can create a pre-determined starting order prior to racing, alternating the starting orders for each of the 3 races. That's what we did tonight and it worked quite well. I just sent the other guys a list of starting orders and it was simple as moving your car to the assigned position within the 30 seconds before the race started. If you have 4 drivers total in your race then you might need to do four races so that everyone has a rotation in each of the 4 starting positions. Just an idea 👍

Really stupider question.... if the race starts and we wait 30 seconds, chances are by the end of the race we will be 60-90seconds off the leaders pace, how will we see the race positions? I know the honour system works (sometimes) but if it is a close race and it ends during passing or even close, there may be some disputes.

I practiced online the other night...I pulled over let the other 9 drivers go by and ended up in 6th place eventually but was still 60-70 seconds slower and that was with out waiting the 30 seconds.

I thought about this as well...I decided that I would just have faith in the other drivers honor and respect. But even then, you can have scenarios where positions swap .001 before the clock runs out and the race is suddenly over. So good question either way. 💡

If you're racing with 3 people total you can create a pre-determined starting order prior to racing, alternating the starting orders for each of the 3 races. That's what we did tonight and it worked quite well. I just sent the other guys a list of starting orders and it was simple as moving your car to the assigned position within the 30 seconds before the race started. If you have 4 drivers total in your race then you might need to do four races so that everyone has a rotation in each of the 4 starting positions. Just an idea

Good idea thanks mate 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back