Tasteful Modifications Thread

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 6,670 comments
3df65890786e4864fd0b1b5acc7be331.jpg

SVX
Thanks. Always been a sucker for small pick ups like these.
I'd love a REPU or Datsun 520, but as I'm not interested in a big project, it'll never happen. :lol:

Edit: May as well throw an early Hilux (back when we called them that too :P) into the mix.

SVX
Thanks. Always been a sucker for small pick ups like these.
It's basically a rebadged Mazda but they had some really nice variations for a while. They dropped it when they introduced the Ranger in the early 80s taking the name from an offroad package from the F series. I think you could get these with everything from 4 cylinders to diesels to rotaries.

It's basically a rebadged Mazda but they had some really nice variations for a while. They dropped it when they introduced the Ranger in the early 80s taking the name from an offroad package from the F series. I think you could get these with everything from 4 cylinders to diesels to rotaries.

TIL. Rad, so rad.

The rotary truck was badged as a Mazda.

I think you're right but its essentially the same thing with Mazda written on it instead of Ford.
Rotary was unique to the REPU (in terms of trucks, that is), the B-series of the era got the same four-pot as the Courier--switch that, it was a Mazda engine if memory serves.

Rotary was unique to the REPU (in terms of trucks, that is), the B-series of the era got the same four-pot as the Courier--switch that, it was a Mazda engine if memory serves.

My brother had a Mazda B1600 - threw a 12A rotary in it while he was restoring it, and it was practically a REPU.

SVX
My brother had a Mazda B1600 - threw a 12A rotary in it while he was restoring it, and it was practically a REPU.

Well, maybe in the mechanical department, but REPUs had their share of exclusive body and interior panels to them, which is why they are "rare and exclusive", they were pretty unique.

Well, maybe in the mechanical department, but REPUs had their share of exclusive body and interior panels to them, which is why they are "rare and exclusive", they were pretty unique.

I think he had those too. :P I'll send you a pic of it when I get home from school.

Posted this in the Questionable Modifications thread and was told that this car is tasteful. What do y'all think of it?
image.jpg

Just because a select few people like it, doesn't mean it's tasteful.

I think that this:

75-Caprice-on-Azioni-2.jpg

isn't actually too bad, but being a donk, it's about as far from tasteful as you can possibly get.

I think this might be one of the best donks I've ever seen. Damn it Snorevette, you're tempting me to send some here and annoy a few people.

Edit: Oh God yes...
Shakotan-Laurel-03-800x533.jpg

Last edited:
Back