Tasteful Modifications Thread

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 6,670 comments
because track day bro!
A 3,000hp car on anything but a drag strip is pointless in my opinion. On 99% of circuit tracks you'd barely be able to go more than 1/4 throttle before you'd have to let off.

A 3,000hp car on anything but a drag strip is pointless in my opinion. On 99% of circuit tracks you'd barely be able to go more than 1/4 throttle before you'd have to let off.
Um, I was making a joke, but whatever.

Looks like every clapped out C ivic in California...

Here you go. Quality parts and function always win.
21_BGFt_117.jpg
Every Civic in the state of New Jersey has that same god damned spoiler. :yuck:

I'm a bit late to this thread by about 32 pages lol so I haven't gone through loads of it, but obviously there's been a debate about the definition of tasteful already, what was the outcome? Not criticizing anyone at all, I'm seeing a lot of nice cars and a lot of shockers, but not very many that I'd consider 'tasteful'.

I like this, but wouldn't label it as tasteful. Too track influenced, way too obvious
7833821066_b27b9ce893_z.jpg

This I also like but wouldn't consider tasteful. Too 'stanced' and looks undrivable
tumblr_nazmd92OK11qzcv7lo1_1280.jpg

Tasteful imo, nothing too crazy and very usable
ooga-ae86-1.jpg

meshies.jpg

But it all depends on the definition of 'tasteful' :dopey:

Well excuse me, I didn't ****ing know it was photoshop. Damn dude.

Pretty sure that second one isn't photoshop but don't quote me on that lol. It's tasteful to a degree, but it's too stanced, big exhaust, a lot of panel work and is way too obviously a modded car. Tasteful should not be 'in your face' at all imo. It looks amazing, but just not tasteful in my definition of the word. Surely this debate has happened in this thread already?!

But as it is used on track it doesn't matter. It's functional. Had it never been near a track i'd agree.

Very true. If it was a track car the word tasteful doesn't even come into it, function over form etc.

I'm struggling to see the point of this thread.

The 2 photos above are just examples and not meant to call the posters out.

There's already a thread for cars that have stupid amounts of camber/tyre stretch or are lowered too much or have chavy body kits etc... it's called the imports thread.

Yeh I agree, I posted that as an example of not tasteful. Your saying exactly the same thing that I was saying in my original post

starsky-hutch-torino-drag-week-2014-race-car-hotel-parking-lot-009.jpg

Here's a car that's pretty tastefully modded. On the outside it appears to be a pretty much stock Starsky and Hutch Gran Torino with nothing special about it, not fast or anything.

This one was at Drag Week and has been for a while. It's got a big block Ford 514 cubic inch (8.4L) V8 engine in it and runs high 11s and low 12s...and will put a smile on your face while doing it. It's also notable in that is a full weight car...this car weighs somewhere around 4,500lbs. It's a pig. So you know to run that quick, it's cranking some SERIOUS horsepower. It's also daily driven.

hrdp-2011-drag-week-daily-drivers-1715.jpg

Last edited:
I'm struggling to see the point of this thread.

The 2 photos above are just examples and not meant to call the posters out.

There's already a thread for cars that have stupid amounts of camber/tyre stretch or are lowered too much or have chavy body kits etc... it's called the imports thread.

I struggling to see your point.

Super_Vette_Wide_Body_Rear_Boot_Spoiler.jpg

It was pretty obvious. And what's your damn problem?

Obvious? Go ahead and tell me because it wasn't for me.

And my problem? Nothing is all. Well, is that eh quoted me instead for that image. Malcolm could have figured it out first if it was a 'shop or not.

Huh. That's...interesting...?
Also, found another nice civic, this time a hatch. 2000's Honda Civic, feature a JDM Integra Type-R 5-lug conversion; 16 inches JDM Integra wheels; JDM Civic Type-R headlights; JDM amber side markers; JDM OEM Civic Type-R window visors; JDM OEM Civic Type-R spoiler and a nUSDM OEM Honda Civic Si front lip.

car-photo-2000-honda-civic-type-r-jdm-wheels.jpg

I wonder who owns the original photo above but let me tell you. Now that's a really nice Civic. I want it.

Back