Tasteful Modifications Thread

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 6,670 comments
57474968.jpg

Do you like anything that's posted in this thread? All I ever see you posting is how much you dislike whatever other's share.

Do you like anything that's posted in this thread? All I ever see you posting is how much you dislike whatever other's share.
I have posted in this thread. Notice I singled out that particular car due to its poor choice in wheels (that appear to be photoshopped in place, perhaps fortunately), insufficient rubber (also due to its likely photoshopped state), its bodyline extending far below and with excessive flaring compared to what it was originally (which could also be photoshopped), and the fact that this was all done to a Volvo--nothing against Volvos themselves, mind you--rather than a Civic.

Seriously though. Go back and look through the thread. You'll see that I've posted and that, as far as I know, haven't been criticized for my tasteful additions. Or, if you can't be bothered, at the very least go back to the most recent post I've questioned and take a real good look at only the subject of my comments. What about it is tasteful?

Volvo-c70-tuning-.jpg

Come to think of it, it appears to be promotional material that's been photoshopped. (Note the nondescript location, camera angle, composition, and the barely visible driver in a suit shirt looking ahead rather than at the camera.)

Last edited:
I have posted in this thread. Notice I singled out that particular car due to its poor choice in wheels (that appear to be photoshopped in place, perhaps fortunately), insufficient rubber (also due to its likely photoshopped state), its bodyline extending far below and with excessive flaring compared to what it was originally (which could also be photoshopped), and the fact that this was all done to a Volvo--nothing against Volvos themselves, mind you--rather than a Civic.

Seriously though. Go back and look through the thread. You'll see that I've posted and that, as far as I know, haven't been criticized for my tasteful additions. Or, if you can't be bothered, at the very least go back to the most recent post I've questioned and take a real good look at only the subject of my comments. What about it is tasteful?

It is a Photoshopped picture. Even if it was real though I wouldn't find anything awful about it, it's not my style but I wouldn't say it isn't tasteful.

All I'm saying is every time I pop into this thread, all I see is you posting about how you don't find something tasteful. You very well may have posted vehicles in the past, I just have never seen it.

All I'm saying is every time I pop into this thread, all I see is you posting about how you don't find something tasteful. You very well may have posted vehicles in the past, I just have never seen it.
On the one hand I'm flattered that you only see my posts, but--and I hate to be the bearer of bad news--you might have some vision and/or psychological problems if you fail to see others.

Anyway...

Porsche Cosmics on a Kombi...good gravy I think I'm in love:

1274049.jpg

1187014.jpg

1187013.jpg

It's in need of a proper paintjob as far as I'm concerned, but the metalwork appears to be nothing short of phenomenal--just look at the way the roof crease hugs the drip rails--and that's good enough for a 'tasteful' nod from me. An impossibly deep green finish with a cream two-tone treatment on the side (in the traditional VW fashion) and a decklid that more closely resembles that of the Hebmuller would suit it perfectly...as would a set of polished Fuchs with deep 6s in the rear.

"Und speaking of ze Hebmuller":

817140.jpg

824209.jpg

823997.jpg

820578.jpg

Nope, but the rest aren't horrendous.
automotive_connoisseur_execstudio_Wald-Lexus_LS_2001_09.jpg

wald_lexus_ls_430_19.jpg

I have no idea if it actually has a supercharger, or if the Kompressor badge is just superfluous.
Well, a quick search revealed there is such a thing as a Wald CF43 based on the LS430 flagship sedan and that it is indeed supercharged (see below), but I can't confirm the example shown is in fact a Wald CF43. Then again, why wouldn't it be?

43232d1072492041-wald-cf43-kit-pics-engine-hood.jpg

43233d1072492065-wald-cf43-kit-pics-kompressorkit-unit.jpg

The cabriolet looks amazing, but that chopped Coupé is just an eyesore
The Hebmuller (or 'cabriolet' as you put it) is just a lowered/tires job with a period-correct performance engine--and anyone that goes beyond this should be strung up due to the car's rarity--but the 'Coupé' was much more extensive having likely been based on a much more conventional sedan (that's sedan as far as Beetles are concerned, still only two doors) and it could have been far worse if the beef of the modifications had been done poorly.

Last edited:
I have mixed emotions regarding VIP-type modifications, but I've always found that WALD tend to create some of the more tasteful cars I've seen.

1997_Lexus_LS400_(_UCF20_)_by_Wald_004_5599.jpg

Lexus-ls-400-ucf20-1997-2000-photo-01-car-in-pictures-car-photo.jpg

WALD-Lexus-LS-400-UCF20-1997-2000-Photo-04-800x600.jpg

wald_lexus_ls_400_7.jpg

wald_lexus_ls_400_12.jpg

wald-lexus-ls-model-2001-wallpaper-16-117979.jpg

automotive_connoisseur_execstudio_Wald-Lexus_LS_2001_09.jpg

wald_lexus_ls_430_19.jpg

I have no idea if it actually has a supercharger, or if the Kompressor badge is just superfluous.

Love them all. :drool:

Back