Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,540 comments
Source on this? I haven't heard anything about this being streamed.
It's not.

Firstly, it isn't: there's practically no uptick in my network traffic when playing it. Secondly, they'd be required to advertise minimum bandwidth requirements.
No idea where you heard that, but it sounds unlikely. If you were streaming the game there’d be no point in cancelling the PS4 version.

Last edited:
It makes no sense and is just gibberish from a youtuber. If the game was streamed it wouldn't matter what hardware you ran, you'd be able to run at whatever details your network can sustain (and TDU's servers). Meanwhile you need monster hardware to run the game at the highest details.
I had the same feeling on PS5, depending server status the graphics changed, not sure but I can't says this is wrong

If rendering frame rate is not properly decoupled from netcode, your framerate will tank if network is slow/glitchy. Fairly common problem in games. If there's then also some kind of dynamic quality adjustment in place that tries to maintain the frame rate, you'd get these kind of issues.

And sure, a dev who can't get the game running decently to begin with is capable of developing a game streaming service? With no subscripton costs? :lol: Stop believing everything some Youtuber farts out for views.

If rendering frame rate is not properly decoupled from netcode, your framerate will tank if network is slow/glitchy. Fairly common problem in games. If there's then also some kind of dynamic quality adjustment in place that tries to maintain the frame rate, you'd get these kind of issues.

And sure, a dev who can't get the game running decently to begin with is capable of developing a game streaming service? With no subscripton costs? :lol: Stop believing everything some Youtuber farts out for views.
you get it on flight sim, but yes unlikely
in fact it's not the frame rate, but the textures / reflections that seems less blurry

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks that the Camaro ZL1 1LE shown in the Gold Edition cover seems a little weird?

IMG_6088.jpeg

The front resembles the 2019 redesigned version of the Sixth Gen, but Chevy never really updated the front on the ZL1 1LE, even for 2024.

IMG_6092.jpeg

Seems to me that they took the 2024 Camaro SS model and just added the ZL1 1LE parts, it just looks kinda off to me.

IMG_6091.jpeg

Last edited:
i did have a few issues initially though I managed to reach Reputation 10 on the first day of early release. I have been on sporadically since, trying to pick times when the servers aren’t so busy. I have decided to wait for the patch having bought no cars, so have been making do with just the Gold set and the two wrecks. Some of the Meeting Points and Workshops are not “found” so I need to visit them again (for the third or fourth time). I do have the Trophy for visiting them all! I am on 97% of the roads and with the “Radiant Prizes” of Rep or SC I am Level 35 with Clan at 7. I also have over 5 million SC. I have mostly been using the Beetle Buggy to unlock the roads since finding all the pieces.

Yesterday I decided to start the game that I did preorder despite all the bad impressions. With the pad it is acceptable in my opinion but I cannot drive with my wheel! Has anyone else problems with a H-shifter? I can only go in second gear, every shifting attempt blocks the driving. That's still after exploring that the game gave me an inverse clutch as standard... Might wait for the announced update and hope that this is a common and known error. (So far I did use my wheelbase settings of GT7 and it felt good... in second gear)

Yesterday I decided to start the game that I did preorder despite all the bad impressions. With the pad it is acceptable in my opinion but I cannot drive with my wheel! Has anyone else problems with a H-shifter? I can only go in second gear, every shifting attempt blocks the driving. That's still after exploring that the game gave me an inverse clutch as standard... Might wait for the announced update and hope that this is a common and known error. (So far I did use my wheelbase settings of GT7 and it felt good... in second gear)
I've don't try with the shifter ATM, I 'll try and let you know

Could you share your setup ? I'm unable to feel anything with my wheel apart vibrations (TGT2)

Back