The Crew 2 Official Game Discussion Thread

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 2,913 comments
So about 2 hours in and I am already sitting at 725K bucks
You get bonus for first 5lvl's, after icon 2 level income will be slower. Also keep in mind, that you need x100 times more to afford all vehicles. Afaik, i bought all vehicles in tC1 after 50 hours.

Got my Season pass and other things on PS4 this morning.

Also I have notice that your favorite car likes to go back to "Free" one and when I click on it it says you are driving your favorite car when it's not.

Where can I buy the Season Pass? Or is it only for Gold Edition? I have the Deluxe Edition.
At the moment looks like is tied to Gold Edition only. But I'm sure it will be available tommorrow or Friday after midnight.

Welp, the Season Pass thing's fixed itself over here. If you're on PS4 and still have this problem, give restarting your application a go. I know which Street car I'll be driving for the rest of today.

Now, about that compensation they mentioned.. I mean, I hung on to my Bucks until they fixed it, but I'll take free money whenever I can get it - that much less grinding to do.

Yes, I seem to have everything from the Gold Edition now, including the elusive Porsche.

Well, I'm not sure about the supposed second house, I forgot to look. House interiors appear to be updated with your rank anyway, so not sure if there's going to be a difference, a YouTube video I saw showed the houses looking the same from outside.

Now, about that compensation they mentioned.. I mean, I hung on to my Bucks until they fixed it, but I'll take free money whenever I can get it - that much less grinding to do.

I don't see anything about compensation.
On their forums.
So if you have link?

I don’t know how some people have already beaten this game. I had most of the day to myself to play and I’m still nowhere near the 70% required to challenge the rival of each family.

Sorry if it's been discussed before, but I must ask... are the physics, steering sensitivity, etc. actually passable out of the box this time around?

I don’t know how some people have already beaten this game. I had most of the day to myself to play and I’m still nowhere near the 70% required to challenge the rival of each family.

No lifers.
But there are some "exploits" around getting top times of 3 seconds on a 44 minute run.

Edit: The 7 that have completed it 6 of them are from the EU, 1 from the US.
Also 1 of them has a trophy rank of only 6 and completed it in 1 day and 16 hours.

No Life Boosters.

Last edited:
Sorry if it's been discussed before, but I must ask... are the physics, steering sensitivity, etc. actually passable out of the box this time around?

Better than the first, on both controller and wheel. But definitely far from genre leading.
I've actually just finished having a blast driving down Pikes Peak and through the windy roads of the Badlands in my half way upgraded Audi TT RS using my wheel. I still prefer controller for races, but after dialing in my wheel settings I love just cruising around the map.

As you rank up you also unlock "pro" tuning for your cars so you can adjust many of the same parameters as in sims. And they do make a difference in handling (although the major ones - ABS, traction control, ESP, slide help - are stupidly tied to an entire class, so you might have to go a little back and forth there).

The physics model is based on TC1's, but has been improved all around. So it has the same sort of feel -- the resemblance is most obvious when you fall from jumps, as has been mentioned -- but it is more intuitive, more manageable when things get dicey, and playing the open beta I found it more rewarding. It's a solid take on old-school arcade-style handling, nothing more or less.

After playing the beta for the last week, I hopped back into TC1 just to see if I could spot any major differences, and drivd around again. can wholeheartedly say thqt the handling has been massively improved. It still feels like it's a massive amount of input lag to me, but it is so much better in TC2.

Well it's not that hard. You don't have to grind any event since you get the Hyper car for free. If you just do the events without doing anything else you will get to the final race in 20h, maybe even less. So I'm not impressed much if someone allready beat the game.. I just did it a couple of minutes ago. I'm more impressed with the guy who reached icon 100 yesterday... now that is a real no lifer. :lol:

*I realise a few people have already responded but I figured I'd give my perspective on it anyway*

I'm going to agree with the rest and say that no, for an arcadey open-world driving game, the physics aren't quite Driver: San Francisco or Burnout Paradise levels of good. Then again, few arcadey open-world driving games have Driver: San Francisco or Burnout Paradise levels of good handling models. And just so we're clear, by "good", I mean "it achieves what it sets out to do".

It is, however, a ginormous improvement over TC1 and leaves Payback looking like it doesn't even have a handling model - though, if we're being honest, neither of these are really worth bragging about. The cars actually have some weight to them, but not so much they become un-throw-around-able, and I have yet to come across any form of physics cannon - the game engine actually feels like it can handle the physics engine this time around, which is amazing given how much more nuanced they are now - it can even handle WobbleMatic® suspension to a very acceptable level.

In some ways, actually, it *does* remind me of Driver: San Francisco, but with slightly less oversteer (unless you're in a drift car, obviously). It's got the same kind of "the cars do exactly as you'd expect them to and it feels good" feel to it.

So far I'm enjoying it for what it is. The world is nice enough, big enough an varied enough to just enjoy. My favourite at the moment is to take a motocross bike and just head off for the high points on the map. Trying to get to the top of the snow capped mountains is great fun. I'm less enamoured with the story but by far the worst aspect of the game is the rubberbanding. It's ludicrous. You can make as many mistakes as you want in the first 80% of most races, I've been 45 seconds behind in one were I took a wrong turn, and still win easily. However, if you absolutely nail the first 80% of the race making zero mistakes and then make one mistake near the end you can end up third or fourth. It ruins it for me as the first 80% of any race doesn't really matter, there is no benefit to driving well.

I just pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition. It seems like best value when having PS Plus and not seeing a major benefit to getting the season pass.

I've never played the first game and the early reception of the new game appears to very mixed. So no idea what I'm getting into, but roaming the gigantic map looks like decent fun with all the variety on offer.

I just pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition. It seems like best value when having PS Plus and not seeing a major benefit to getting the season pass.

I've never played the first game and the early reception of the new game appears to very mixed. So no idea what I'm getting into, but roaming the gigantic map looks like decent fun with all the variety on offer.

The difficulty is mixed which you can easily win on Normal and just about impossible under hard due to rubberbanding.

Map sometimes lacks.

Overall it's kinda empty at the moment because well Gold is the only people running around, so hoping it will fill in soon.

Oh no did they screw it up? The Hummer H1 got screwed up too. Sounds like a generic V8 now when it's a freaking diesel.

I think the McLaren F1 sounds pretty good in cockpit view. But I'm not exactly an expert on sound authenticity, other than looking at a couple of YouTube videos.

Just a little tip when doing the races, especially the off road ones if you press up on the Dpad (PS4) the map increases its size so you can see the sharp turns highlighted. (I do like the new circle guiding you but if there is hills it is difficult to see).

I do find that once you hit Icon level 1-9 it looks like you are at 11-19 with the I being so like a 1

I'd like to report a bug.

Pic_20180628_152239_3840x2160.png

They replaced the track with Miami Raceway or something like that, yet all the signs still say Sebring...

Latest Posts

Back