The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,807 comments
Is Madoka Magica really as dark as people make it out to be? It has gauged my interest a little bit.
!

Like what @Roger the Horse said, not really. It still has its gloomy moments though.

If you really, really don't understand what's going on by the time you finish the third film, you can check out the wiki for the series. It's full of non-canon stuff though so watch it blind first. Or you can come here and ask

It's a girly show, at its core, just in a really badass way. Everyone I know in real life who likes it is of the feminine gender. Just as enjoyable for guys as it is for women, though. 👍

No. It's nowhere near as dark as people make it out to be. Certainly not a lighthearted anime full of hilariously cute szyslak moments, but nonetheless it's certainly not the ultimate misery gloom fest some will claim it is.

What it is is a brilliant piece of storytelling with a superb and unusual art style. Also, it's something that's worth avoiding spoilers for and just watching blind, provided one is prepared for the fact that it starts slowly.

This person is a liar. It's really dark. Especially for Mami. Everything's dark for her, these days.

Err... No. It has dark things happen in it compared with say, Nichijou, but it's not Evangelion where everyone slowly becomes more and more miserable before eventually dying a painful and futile death, only to be resurrected in some sort of apocalypse event most likely alongside Hitler and Genghis Khan.

LoveLive is on a McLaren in GT300.

15sgt_m009.jpg

Also compulsory Miku SLS pic

15sgt_m000.jpg
Requesting a Racing Miku Japanese F4 pic. :D

Looking good, Miku.
Indeed

>kancolle
Okay.

Just kidding, I don't think ship girls are even cute.
If the Kancolle girls have a favorite American movie character, would it be Dirty Harry? :sly:

Hoot I'm behind on everything. Working 6 days a week sure does make it hard to live a little.

Anyhow, I'm sad I have to part with my previous avatar, but I can't be forgetting the game.

Week w/e: Yagyuu Jubei (Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls). Unfortunately there were no good drawings of Jubei in her full form, because her contained alter-ego totally sucks.

Since I must patiently wait every week for new Nisekoi episodes, I'm watching Hayate the Combat Butler episodes also.

I think Hayate the Combat Butler is hilarious, I tell you h'wat.

Hoot I'm behind on everything. Working 6 days a week sure does make it hard to live a little.

Anyhow, I'm sad I have to part with my previous avatar, but I can't be forgetting the game.

Week w/e: Yagyuu Jubei (Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls). Unfortunately there were no good drawings of Jubei in her full form, because her contained alter-ego totally sucks.

You should cite where you got it from.

Last edited:
Grisaia returned to form ep.4, had been awhile where I had goosebumps awhile after an episode. :D

Sorry, I'll try and make a habit of it if I can.

This one's illustrated by niθ (nishii).

...and a link?

Edit: Anyone like to share their thoughts about this season's anime?

Last edited:
Another show you need to watch before you die: Samurai Champloo.

Ok, that one I know. I just don't remember if it was broadcasted here, but I believe it was. Barely remember anything about it, though I do know that the soundtrack is pretty darn good. (Or so I think, at least.)

Ok, that one I know. I just don't remember if it was broadcasted here, but I believe it was. Barely remember anything about it, though I do know that the soundtrack is pretty darn good. (Or so I think, at least.)

Well, stop wondering and start watching. The show is awesome, the soundtrack is awesome, everything is awesome.

Well, stop wondering and start watching. The show is awesome, the soundtrack is awesome, everything is awesome.

Will do, Lord Cano. At least I know it's a show which has received your seal of approval, so you won't hate me for watching it. And I do know it has a good reputation, so there is that.

Will do, Lord Cano. At least I know it's a show which has received your seal of approval, so you won't hate me for watching it. And I do know it has a good reputation, so there is that.

Hey, I don't hate anyone for watching whatever they want. They just enter in my "they suck" list and that's all, no biggie.

Also, Battlecry is undescribably better in full lenght, as the TV edit is missing some seriously awesome lines:

Well, I haven't started anything new. Been planning to watch Initial D officially now but it seems as though Exams have cut into my anime time as well :indiff: Maybe when things are less heavy.

For now though, I still love this rendition for it's modern take:

SAMURAI_CHAMPLOO_for_kawaiiS_by_one_of_the_Clayr.jpg

Somehow I manage to like High School DxD and Nisekoi even though they're trashy in concept.
I like boobs.

Koneko's a lot more likable now that she has more development and cutesy moments.

...and a link?

Edit: Anyone like to share their thoughts about this season's anime?

Sorry. Them sites aren't safe for GTP Browsing. Artist name and character name should be more than enough info to find what you may be interested in.

This season's anime? Haven't looked at 20% of the mass. Hard to make such a call!

Plastic Memories is at the moment at least a 6. If it flops at the end, that's as low of a score I personally would give it. (Subject to change)

I haven't started Ghost in the Shell: Architect whatever, because I haven't finished the Arise OVAs.

Jojo... I'm getting bored of Jojo.

Grisaia... ask @SVX.

Shokugeki no Soma... pretty shounen stuff, plus raunchy bits at least 1 scene per episode.

Fate... Yup. Fate.

DxD Born... Yup.. DxD as always...

You can give Kekkai Sensen and Arslan Senki a try if you like.

Plastic memories atm for me is a 7 , im liking the story there building to so hopefully it doesn't flop and really takes off. Plus Isla's for me genuinely pretty likeable character actually fairly original atleast compaired to the other characters in the series so far.
Nisekoi though im finding very unexpectedly uninteresting because i haven't started it...im just gonna w8 for it to finish airing because it sorta killed itself S1 after too many girls became intertwined in the story became overly and needlessly complex, if it was dumbed down and more fan service added you could call it To Love-Ru.

Girl's n Dungens whatever you call it? Watchable but otherwise .. eh.. certainly gonna stick around and see where the story goes but definitely at least gonna finish just to say 'oh yeah i saw that.'
Ghost in the Shell Arise definitely liked the 3 i saw Cant say enoff how much i enjoy futuristic action atleast when its done to level as such.

Been watching alot in the past 5-6 months seeing as thats when the last time i posted here was.

Shows ive seen since last being here in order of how i liked em.

Shirobako . Really loved it more than i was expecting to.
Tsukimonogatari . what a great ending to a most enjoyable series.
Parasyte of course a classic already.
Space Dandy. What a dandy way to tie off the series and i dont wana brag but the plot went exactly how i figured it would end.
With dandy being a god and all i had that figured halfway through the 1st season
Akame ga kill, was pretty odd one defenately left a mark.
Hitsugi no Chaika. Even though it gets bashed on alot and overhyped the overall premess of the story was pretty good and was a memorable experiance.
Kankolle. Was fun ;)

Last edited:
Back