The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,807 comments
You misunderstand; I don't like either of these characters.

I was waiting for that dude to bust an Air Flare or Windmill. I expected breakdancing but I still :lol: 'd

In other news,

I'm actually enjoying the Freezing manga. A little more than the anime itself. I'm just hoping that it actually finishes instead of going into a hiatus.

Goodness they made the girls look good & curvaceous in the manga...:bowdown: Better than the anime I'd say.

Anywho, any serious things worth watching? I may rewatch NGE now but I think that will disrupt my study mindset . 2 weird fo me bro

Last edited:
@TayeezSA Psycho-Pass, Fate/Zero, if your looking for darker than the norm, Shirobako if you have any interest in the process of anime production. I vaguely recall you having watched Shirobako though.

Totally made a booboo...
screenshot_2015-10-12-11-11-36-png.462758

This looks like something you'd find on Star Trek :lol:

@TayeezSA Psycho-Pass, Fate/Zero, if your looking for darker than the norm, Shirobako if you have any interest in the process of anime production. I vaguely recall you having watched Shirobako though.

I saw Shirobako, was interesting though some of the jargon threw me off.

I've been considering Fate/Zero but should I watch the UBW one instead of the normal (lack of a better word) one?

Psycho Pass looks weird, I like weird, not too weird though. I'll probably check it out after exams

I don't know tanks very well, otherwise I'd look.

Here's a Yukari though.
9j395l.jpg
It's a beastly tank destroyer, it was kinda small and it's armor was only good up to heavy machine guns, but it could hit 45mph. :drool:
1600px-M18_hellcat_side.jpg

Lol of course Yukari would make a "tank in a bottle". :lol:

I saw Shirobako, was interesting though some of the jargon threw me off.

I've been considering Fate/Zero but should I watch the UBW one instead of the normal (lack of a better word) one?

Psycho Pass looks weird, I like weird, not too weird though. I'll probably check it out after exams

Shirobako is definitely one show you should watch if you want a taste on how anime production works. I believe @AOS and I agreed it's pretty glorified but it still works pretty well.

What do you mean normal one?
Fate/zero is a pretty easy show to get into. The first episode is pretty bland (it's just two old men walking around conversing), but it picks up very quickly after that. In fact it paces so well you can probably binge it.
As for UBW I think you're talking about ufotable UBW. If so starting with Fate/zero is sufficient enough if you're never gonna touch the VN. I'd suggest looking for the BD version of UBW.

Psycho-Pass is a very interesting anime. It's not weird in essence but that it explores the human condition and societal morals. Dystopian thriller, I would call it.

@TayeezSA

I neglected to mention that Fate/Zero is a prequel to Fate/Stay. It does spoil some things, but IMO it is the best of the entire franchise. It's cannon to all routes, so you can watch it before F/SN, UBW, or Heaven's Feel, whenever that comes out.

@Techny described Psycho-Pass perfectly, so all I'm going to add is that in most people's opinions, the second season is a fairly significant drop in quality. I haven't watched it yet though.

When does the Heaven's Feel movie come out anyways?

^ You can keep yourself busy with those Sunny Day episodes.

Already looked at it. Ufo still didn't do it properly but eh, it's all good. Besides, there are people who are way too butthurt about ufo's adaptation

@TayeezSA

I neglected to mention that Fate/Zero is a prequel to Fate/Stay. It does spoil some things, but IMO it is the best of the entire franchise. It's cannon to all routes, so you can watch it before F/SN, UBW, or Heaven's Feel, whenever that comes out.

@Techny described Psycho-Pass perfectly, so all I'm going to add is that in most people's opinions, the second season is a fairly significant drop in quality. I haven't watched it yet though.

When does the Heaven's Feel movie come out anyways?

So which Fate should I watch first? Or rather what's the complete order?

Happy Birthday @AOS-, alright who's bringing cake and snacks? We need Shogeki no Souma spec stuff pronto!

So which Fate should I watch first? Or rather what's the complete order?

Happy Birthday @AOS-, alright who's bringing cake and snacks? We need Shogeki no Souma spec stuff pronto!

You see, the tricky part to Fate/stay night is that if you've never read the VN you'll be left in a big disadvantage, as the only way to watch Fate is Fate/zero, then ufotable UBW, then ufotable Heaven's Feel (isn't announced yet) which isn't the best combination. Plus there is no proper Fate adaptation where most worldbuilding occurs.
Not to say that it'll be tough to watch 'em. You'll probably be okay if you stick to the anime. But I won't be surprised if you get confused or see holes. Luckily Fate/zero is very approachable so you won't have any major problems watching it.

There's also spin-offs like Prisma Illya but I wouldn't worry about 'em yet.

Back