The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,817 comments
Asuka is smart! She's 14 and already graduated college. I can't make fun of Rei how I want to right now because a certain someone *cough* AOS- *cough* hasn't finished it yet.

So thats why Asuka is in Highschool still with Shinji and Rei...

Just dropping by to say "hi"
Still haven't watched any anime since last week... *shrugs*
Oh, and speaking of dakimakura...

Tee-hee! :D
why!?!?! OH WHY!?!?

Last edited:
bed time picture:

yeah1_teens_240.jpg

Yep, I'm a fanboy. I'll explain this sudden Rayearth urge tomorrow.

I'll explain this sudden Rayearth urge tomorrow.

SSSSsoooo… I found it the other day and couldn’t believe my eyes. There it was, the series that formed me as an “Otaku” back when such a term was more or less acceptable and hip, not “lol” like today. Rayearth. In DVD rip. Complete. WITH LATIN AMERICAN DUBBING, just like I saw it when I was 16 years old.

Magic%2BKnight%2BRayearth%2Bbanner.jpg

It may not sound like a big deal, but the latin spanish dub of Rayearth had been lost ever since it was aired in like half of Latinamerica. I know that in Mexico, that version stayed within the company that broadcasted it. And indeed, for years the only way to watch it in latin spanish was a horrid, small tv rip in Real Player format of the Mexican channel. I donÂ’t know if in another country the latin dub was released recently in DVD form or what, but it is now available.

Mahou_kishi_Rayearth.jpg

So… I find it and it’s like “oh, wow”, then nothing. I don’t download (sorry) it. Yet for days it bugs me deep back in my head. Dude, it was your first anime, you owe it to it. No, it wasn’t my first anime per sé (Mazinger, Voltron, Robotech, and many others), but it was the first one I watched knowing full well what anime it was, who made it and all that, so it counts as such. It was the first anime I saw as a fan.

magic_knight_rayearth_002.jpg

So I fell to it. 9 gb later, there it sits in my hdd. Complete with OVAs. And IÂ’m scared got dammit.

I was 15 or 16. Young and impressionable. And the mark that Rayearth left in me is quite deep, I have a deep love for that series. Fuu is the only character with whom IÂ’ve had a crush. EVER. Yes, really. I even pondered about making a doujinshiÂ… at least a fan fic, about it. Heck, it made me cry back in the day.

user71509_pic54779_1219419674.jpg

Today, I’m afraid that I won’t stand it once I start watching it, and that this cute, nostalgic image I have of it will die in it’s slow pace, clichés, poor development, repetitive animation and whatever other bad thing you can think of. It’s a magic girl anime, for God’s sake.

Magic-Knight-Rayearth-wallpaper.jpg

However, ItÂ’s also pretty exciting. I want to remember every detail and I also want to watch that excellent first-season end again. And the nostalgia of hearing them speaking in spanish, in that garish dub, has me almost in tears.

Revisiting my utmost past will be quite an experience. I'll report.

You're an Otaku?

Someone called me a Weeaboo one time just because I posted a few single words in romaji... :lol:

Sounds like you're going to have an awesome time Cano!

EDIT: Oh and before I forget; today's picture:

7981a02e886cb995bfe53c46287c35d4.jpg

I wouldn’t call myself an otaku today. I was one… maybe. Loosely. Nah, frankly I’ve never been, I ain’t aware at all of new releases nor do I know the “stars” of the anime world save for the ones that are almost general culture. I’ve always watched what I like. But years ago I did watch a lot more anime and was open to a lot more “genres” or types. Maybe that’s what led me to my conclusion that anime plain sucks, all the trash I watched in my early years.

And that is a way cool Asuka picture. Can’t you do the same with Rei and Mari? I loathe Asuka.

Ok, I don’t really loathe her, but of all the EVA girls, she is the one I like less.

That first picture, my God…

You're a fake EVA fan~! :eek:

You guys wanna hear something funny I just noticed about Madoka?

In Episode 6, Madoka intercepts Sayaka from transforming into her witch hunter form by snatching her soul gem and throwing it off the bridge they were on and onto the highway. The gem lands on the bed of a passing truck and is now carrying it away. Sayaka ceases function shortly and Homura is now chasing after the truck.....

She has the power to stop time, SO WHY DIDN'T SHE JUST STOP THE TRUCK?! Stupid Homura!

I like the one pic of Sephy's that isn't sexually suggestive (to put it lightly).

You guys wanna hear something funny I just noticed about Madoka?

In Episode 6, Madoka intercepts Sayaka from transforming into her witch hunter form by snatching her soul gem and throwing it off the bridge they were on and onto the highway. The gem lands on the bed of a passing truck and is now carrying it away. Sayaka ceases function shortly and Homura is now chasing after the truck.....

She has the power to stop time, SO WHY DIDN'T SHE JUST STOP THE TRUCK?! Stupid Homura!

Was that at a point in the show where it was known Homura could stop time? If not, it was probably done just to not reveal that.

Challenge Accepted. I'll top those photos with these:

You canÂ’t top beautiful girls with fake Gundams and Violator. Please dude.

Sephy, screw you. About the fake EVA girl stuff and all that at least. She may not be as legit as the other twoÂ… YET. And she has glasses.

Also: IÂ’m watching Black Lagoon at work. Heck, itÂ’s awesome.

:lol: I thought the same thing until i clicked it and saw the index tag.

I jaw dropped and said "INDEX!?" out loud also :guilty:

That's the last of em. I was looking for that last Mami pic for a while, but came across all of the ones I posted earlier.

img.nijigazo.com/2011/05/18/mami/0518mami_0051.jpg

img.nijigazo.com/2011/05/18/mami/0518mami_0293.jpg

Latest Posts

Back