The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #02 (Stripes) - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 240 comments
FINAL ENTRY

PS5 Raytracing

I thought the new (somewhat divisive) Condor Airlines rebrand was a solid livery to base some cars off of for the Stripes contest. My entry is the green colorway, but I'll be sharing all 5 colors on my GT7 profile to match the airlines' new brand direction.

I'm new to modern Gran Turismo (haven't played since GT4) and the livery editor is almost as fun as the racing itself. My list of things to make is only getting longer! Excited to see more competitions.

Most of the rules are pretty much the same since GT Sport.
Fun fact: most of the rules (and the layout) has been the same for at least ten years, or however long the PMC has been running. :D
Back when I started the first LEC I thought it was a good idea to make the entry procedure the same-ish so that all comps look the same, feel the same, and was just as easy to join.
Next week you will be partying like it's your birthday.
Ding-ding-ding! Come over and collect your fresh baked cookies. :D
I can't believe I miss this!
:lol: Oh yeah. I don’t know what’s worse. Getting a ban from the whole site or just a single subforum. Sucks for him - he was a good livery maker too. :P

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY PS4 Base

Retro inspired racing livery
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220415092852.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20220415092725.jpg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220415092953.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20220415093010.jpg

Fun fact: most of the rules (and the layout) has been the same for at least ten years, or however long the PMC has been running. :D
Back when I started the first LEC I thought it was a good idea to make the entry procedure the same-ish so that all comps look the same, feel the same, and was just as easy to join.

Ding-ding-ding! Come over and collect your fresh baked cookies. :D

:lol: Oh yeah. I don’t know what’s worse. Getting a ban from the whole site or just a single subforum. Sucks for him - he was a good livery maker too. :P
Ahah! Nicely done! We're very nearly birthday buddies (I'm the 23rd!) albeit 7 years apart. In your favour...

FINAL ENTRY

UNITED AUTOSPORTS AUDI R8 LMS GTWC

Decided to go full American "Stars & Stripes" for this one! Big fan of the Audi R8's that ran in a similar livery for the 8H of California a few years ago, so decided to base this fictional United Autosports livery on that. UA haven't been backwards about going full Patriot on the American colours in the past so thought this would fit well, especially with this theme and if they were going to enter the GTWC. Not sure how long the team at PD will tolerate the Assetto Corsa logos though, lol.

Big shoutout to @krisduv for the GTWC Number Plate decals!

Livery link is here; http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/...00-34565cb3f8f8/gallery/All/19421803522658494

FINAL ENTRY

I deleted my first entry I wasn't fully happy with, to go back to my first idea for the competition, which I thought couldn't fit the rules. But @syntex123 gave me the green light :cheers:

It's based on a 1984 Le Mans entry by Kremer Racing

3631A4FA-44BF-4FCC-B60B-EEA70E158222.jpeg

I should mention it's a livery I imported from GTS, with some small modifications.

Last edited:
So, @syntex123 @Nuschel01 I guess you both guessed right? :D :D

For those unfamiliar, I spent a fair while trying to replicate BMW's art cars on the BMW VGT in GT Sport... because of the number of decals I was getting through, once I'd finished a livery, I'd delete the decals and move on to the next livery... sadly, this meant that come GT7, not a single livery I made was carried over. I've started re-creating what I lost (I still have all the decals on my PC), but it's an absolutely thankless task going back and re-making stuff with 50 or more abstract decals with file names like K8 LHS... etc. etc. I've said final entry, but it will get tweaked before the end of the competition... and once I get less ******** angry about loosing years of work, I might post some bonus pics.
That’s heartbreaking, your Art Car thread is fab, love all the details of the artists and their processes, yourself included, next level stuff. I’m guessing you won’t be tackling the Rauschenberg soon…

That’s heartbreaking, your Art Car thread is fab, love all the details of the artists and their processes, yourself included, next level stuff. I’m guessing you won’t be tackling the Rauschenberg soon…
Ta.

The bulk decal migration that occurred this weekend will have helped a few of the cars since it was only once I'd reached the 1000 decal limit the first time that I started deleting decals. At least now PD have done what they said they'd do, and have pulled over all active unshared decals the earlier cars I did should be mostly complete.

I had to use the change entry option!
This is the only livery that has given me a proper headache, it was pounding!
to get the stripes vertical down the sides drove me mad. I’ve seen plenty of replications of it where they just curve round with the car in a single decal, which makes them sit on a slight angle. Each one of mine is made from 3 parts on the body, and 5 on the bonnet. To make matters more complicated I wanted the silver aluminium to shine through all of the decals and behind the red. It looks stunning in the sunshine!
This is probably my favourite ever livery I’ve made, well along side the meticulous Martini one on the same car 😁

Back