The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #05 (Touring Car Revival) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 274 comments
I’ve always had a love for touring cars & 90’s BTCC in particular, so I thought about entering my Megane version of the 97 Laguna, but half of the fun of the LEC for me is creating a livery I perhaps wouldn’t have tried normally. After trawling through pages and pages of liveries on Google images I spotted this Andy Blackmore Design concept drawing and immediately thought how good it would look on my Isle of Man TT Impreza which I had yet to do a livery on! It also helped that it is a Plato car as he is one of my favourite BTCC drivers

Livery Link
That’s from 2017 though.
I know I’m a dinosaur and I do love Andy’s work, buts the livery is modern not revival.

Is that Volvo rep in the background yours?

Last edited:
2017 isn't really the 90s or 00s tho :scared:

That’s from 2017 though.
I know I’m a dinosaur and I do love Andy’s work, buts the livery is modern not revival.

Is that Volvo rep in the background yours?
Oh ****! That’s me not reading the OP properly! :ouch:

I’ll change it when I get a chance. I’ll let you know when I update the post.

No, the Volvo isn’t mine, though I may do a version now I need to find a different livery

Oh ****! That’s me not reading the OP properly! :ouch:

I’ll change it when I get a chance. I’ll let you know when I update the post.

No, the Volvo isn’t mine, though I may do a version now I need to find a different livery
You should. I really like that

I’ve mentioned 00s are included so yes
Excellent! I was just confused that you mentioned no GT500/GT300 liveries. I'll obviously be choosing one of the GR4 cars to put my livery onto, but it'll be from an old GT300 JGTC car, (i think after 1995 JGTC split into the two categories).
Also, are Super Taikyu liveries allowed?

ST-1/2/3/4/5 I'd say yes. And its predecessor N1 also had some great liveries.
Thinking about that, I summon @BLiTZ :dopey:
Hmm... I don't think I'll have enough time to rustle up a new Super Taikyu livery so I might have to resurrect my BTCC Team Dynamics Atenza Gr.4

Last edited:
Not being too familiar with 90’s touring cars, I went to google. Once I saw this I figured I had to do it, it’s so ugly and still awesome looking. Pretty much a faithful remake, I updated the Shell branding and put an M color flag on the roof and that’s about it. Ended up making the dragon from scratch, the available one is off, and the other one offered is from the 1991 car.
BC37B8C2-EE49-41B7-8333-CF1EA854E6CF.jpeg

Last edited:
If I understand it correctly this time.
This would be a legit entry ?

Yes if you put in on the M4 Gr4

Based on the Vauxhall Cavalier driven by Richard Kaye in 1996. Pretty happy how it looks on the Corvette (thank you @Nuschel01 ;))
and as it's my third attempt on an entry for this LEC, I'll keep this one. Even if I already entered a Corvette in the LEC#2, and finished with no vote :D

EDIT : I CHANGED MY ENTRY

I tried to play with the bonnet pattern on the Corvette but it didn't work, so I changed my mind on something that makes more sense : 320i to M4.

Last edited:
So I've really been wanting to make a Tic Tac livery for a while now - I keep a giant container of orange ones on my desk at all times. The Beemer's are a little played out in my opinion, so the GR.4 requirement helped me finally make up my mind on what to use. This is more of a modern interpretation, though I tried to keep the coverage pretty true to the original, but of course in orange. Big thanks to krisduv for the DEKRA numbers!

Download here:
Tic Tac STI

Last edited:
Nice one, @krisduv :cheers:

Anyway, just to make sure, these two are okay with your rules, @Racerx_34? Considering one is a GT300 livery and the other a LeMans one.
I've no problem with the old school JGTC once it's on a Gr4.
Le Mans is not TC.
Maybe this would work

Last edited:
Back