The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #05 (Touring Car Revival) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 274 comments
I should probably clarify that when me and @Nuschel01 spoke about
JGTC being allowed in this I pictured it being 90's Skylines and Supras
rather than the original Gr2 machinery that's in Gran Turismo.
But given there is an overlap within that era we'll allow them once they
are on a Gr4 car. No 00s JGTC entries please.
80s/90s/00s for the likes of BTCC and DTM is allowed.
No 10s/20s Touring cars and no Gr3 era DTM entries are allowed.
Australian Supercars are allowed. 80s/90s/00s restriction also applies.

This is what I meant for JGTC:

Last edited:
Thanks for clarifying @Racerx_34 👍

That does narrow my original choices down, as they were early 00's JGTC based liveries that i had in mind. But that still leaves me with the choice of possibly 3 or 4 Super Taikyu ones I'd like to do. :D

Last edited:
Thanks for clarifying @Racerx_34 👍

That does narrow my original choices down, as they were early 00's JGTC based liveries that i had in mind. But that still leaves me with the choice of possibly 3 or 4 Super Taikyu ones I'd like to do. :D
I would allow liveries from the 2000 season as a cut off point.
The NSX, McLaren F1, Lambo and Viper would have to be ruled out.
This is the point where we see a definite shift toward what are now Gr3/GT1 machinery.
So in this circumstance we are really only talking about the Skyline and Supra cars.

Attachments

• Spotters Guide.jpg
    Spotters Guide.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Here is my entry, a replica of the livery of the DTM car of Jacques Laffite in 1991
[edit : for some reason the picture weren’t appearing]

btw if the colours look a bit off it’s normal: I have plenty of problems with the screen who plays my game and the colours on it are really different of device I import the pictures to

I would allow liveries from the 2000 season as a cut off point.
The NSX, McLaren F1, Lambo and Viper would have to be ruled out.
This is the point where we see a definite shift toward what are now Gr3/GT1 machinery.
So in this circumstance we are really only talking about the Skyline and Supra cars.
Okay that's fair enough, though i do think the Supra's and Skylines of that year (00) are very much of the same ilk of the NSX of the same time, and are bordering on Gr3 machinery. Not that i was planning on doing a Gr4 NSX though. I can still actually do one of the cars i was thinking of. yay! But unfortunately the one i really wanted to do is from the 02 season of JGTC.
Since the available choice of cars we can use for this contest is quite limited (Gr4), i was hoping to use the Ferrari 488 Gr4 and put the Jim Gainer livery onto it. It's from 2002 though and was originally on a Ferrari 360 Modena.

[EDIT]

My apologies, it's actually from 2004. So definitely a no go.

Last edited:
Okay that's fair enough, though i do think the Supra's and Skylines of that year (00) are very much of the same ilk of the NSX of the same time, and are bordering on Gr3 machinery. Not that i was planning on doing a Gr4 NSX though. I can still actually do one of the cars i was thinking of. yay! But unfortunately the one i really wanted to do is from the 02 season of JGTC.
Since the available choice of cars we can use for this contest is quite limited (Gr4), i was hoping to use the Ferrari 488 Gr4 and put the Jim Gainer livery onto it. It's from 2002 though and was originally on a Ferrari 360 Modena.

[EDIT]

My apologies, it's actually from 2004. So definitely a no go.
I understand. I just think there’s an argument that the Nissan and Toyotas are the end of line on that concept, while the rest are clearly a step into the next era be it GT1 or GT300 and I have to draw a line under it somewhere.

I understand. I just think there’s an argument that the Nissan and Toyotas are the end of line on that concept, while the rest are clearly a step into the next era be it GT1 or GT300 and I have to draw a line under it somewhere.
That's fair enough. I still have some liveries i can do that fits the criteria.

Ha, my second thought was indeed correct :lol: nice one 👍

You know that you can paint winscreen banners completely?

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Ayrton Senna EF9 Civic Group N
Suzuka test 1989

PS4 Base

Most of you might have seen senna's onboard footage of when he drove an NSX around Suzuka but did you know he did the same thing with a civic once?
just one day after the 1989 Japanese Grand Prix, yes THAT Grand Prix where he collided with Alain Prost and lost the world championship over a technicality, he returned to the Suzuka racetrack and hung out with Japanese drivers Nakashima and Komoda.
this video is a MUST watch as you'll see senna haul some serious butt in the small box racecar, even replicating his trademark on/off throttle sound to balance the car through the corner.

Last edited:
Ha, my second thought was indeed correct :lol: nice one 👍

You know that you can paint winscreen banners completely?
i tried but couldn't make it work, must have done something wrong then. the red but is one decal stretched as far as possible but I assume you have to actually "paint" the banner, damn I just noticed I forgot the nr 1 decal on the roof too. i will update asap

Last edited:
Most of you might have seen senna's onboard footage of when he drove an NSX around Suzuka but did you know he did the same thing with a civic once?
just one day after the 1989 Japanese Grand Prix, yes THAT Grand Prix where he collided with Alain Prost and lost the world championship over a technicality, he returned to the Suzuka racetrack and hung out with Japanese drivers Nakashima and Komoda.
this video is a MUST watch as you'll see senna haul some serious butt in the small box racecar, even replicating his trademark on/off throttle sound to balance the car through the corner.

If nothing else I’m glad I made this theme for that video and livery alone. Thank you

You guys have been busy! I've just been spamming the extra menu glitch... 🤦

And while I did that you beat me to it with the livery I was going to enter for this one. Doh! Back to the drawing board...

EDIT: @Racerx_34 how much freedom are you allowing with the "modernization" of a classic? Eg. is "loosely based on" okay or should it be a proper retro update?

Last edited:
You guys have been busy! I've just been spamming the extra menu glitch... 🤦

And while I did that you beat me to it with the livery I was going to enter for this one. Doh! Back to the drawing board...

EDIT: @Racerx_34 how much freedom are you allowing with the "modernization" of a classic? Eg. is "loosely based on" okay or should it be a proper retro update?
Once the sponsors were all on the original car you have free reign to put your own style on it.

A quick question. I've finished my entry and will submit it a bit later, but ideally it's not the one i really want to submit. I'm not that great at managing time, and because the entry that i'd really like to submit is pretty logo heavy, there's a chance i won't be able to finish it in time before the contest ends. So would it be okay if the entry i submit later, can be a bit of a place holder?

I noticed when reading the rules on the first page, it says we're allowed one change to our final submission. So would a completely new design (on a different car as well), be considered as that one change? I'm more than happy to stick with what i'll be submitting later, but i really would like to do the other livery i quite like (time permitting). But the bottom line is i just want to have submitted something, rather than failing to finish again.

So would it be okay if the entry i submit later, can be a bit of a place holder?
Sure. I'm a bit lenient with that rule tbh, an update to or fixes of a submitted design don't count towards the free change, only a completely new car/livery will. So if you post something now but manage to finish the other one by the end of the month you're free to replace the one posted initially.

Back