The GT7 Livery Editor Competition #06 (Stepping Up!) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 134 comments
Ok so Binance has a tiny decal on a F1 car, would that be allowed..?

Edit: nvm got a whole new ides

Last edited:
I found this theme fun and difficult! Simple build based around the Carrera slot car brand. Even the little cars have liveries. 😂. True to real life, the track for the numbers didn’t want to bend where I wanted it, and I was missing the shape I needed. Luckily vectors can be cut easier than plastic track. Big thanks to @Nuschel01 for the track decals.

Last edited:
I found this theme fun and difficult! Simple build based around the Carrera slot car brand. Even the little cars have liveries. 😂. True to real life, the track for the numbers didn’t want to bend where I wanted it, and I was missing the shape I needed. Luckily vectors can be cut easier than plastic track. Big thanks to @Nuschel01 for the track decals.

Delightful.

It’s Carrera on a Carrera!

It’s Carrera on a Carrera!

yo dawg GIF

Would you guys consider Columbia a small sponsor? I've seen them on NASCAR cars before but not sure if they're a major sponsor?

Would you guys consider Columbia a small sponsor? I've seen them on NASCAR cars before but not sure if they're a major sponsor?
Columbia sportswear?

They're a sponsor of Bubba Wallace's 23 in NASCAR. As happens in NASCAR, occasionally even the smaller partner sponsors will get a full car livery..

2021:
1658241798558.png
For context, these are the liveries used across the season...

2022:
1658241884493.png

My personal take, is they had full car sponsorship in a current and recent top tier motorsport (NASCAR Cup), that doesn't meet the spirit of the rules. And Googling "Columbia Sportswear Racecar" brings up the 2021 Vegas car...
1658242270829.png

... so I'd say that fails the "yourcompany racecar" rule.

Last edited by a moderator:
Columbia sportswear?

They're a sponsor of Bubba Wallace's 23 in NASCAR. As happens in NASCAR, occasionally even the smaller partner sponsors will get a full car livery..

2021:

View attachment 1174579

2022:

View attachment 1174580

My personal take, is they had full car sponsorship in a current and recent top tier motorsport (NASCAR Cup), that doesn't meet the spirit of the rules. And Googling "Columbia Sportswear Racecar" brings up the 2021 Vegas car...

View attachment 1174586

... so I'd say that fails the "yourcompany racecar" rule.

Thanks for clarifying! That's a shame. I made a cool f-type Columbia livery

FINAL ENTRY

PS4 Base
I decided to do a livery for SubsideSports as they’re a company I do a lot of work with on my Twitter account. I chose the CTR3 for two reasons, firstly I hadn’t done a livery for it and secondly, because it’s a road car with proper race car looks.

Livery Link

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

PS4 Base

This theme was a little tough picking out a left-field main sponsor as well as finding a road car that I liked; most of my work in GT7 has been on racing machinery, so I had to dig into the nosebleeds of my garage a bit. In doing so I rediscovered the F430 I previously used for the Ferrari Menu Book, and thought a Ferrari Challenge style design would work well since they typically used stock bodywork for the series.

All I was able to find for Holts sponsorship online were some minor decals on older Autobacs/ARTA liveries, but if someone is able to dredge something up I have a few backup ideas in mind.

not sure how to do the red writing but hey ho
Hey ho... reading rules no no!
Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition.
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following: [COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]

Do I really need to say anything?
Mandatory Scape: S&Company East, Saitama, Japan (scape number 5)
Try to stay as close to how the video shows the shot to be taken as possible!
Do not attach photos to your entry post directly, they would only appear as links in the poll.
All images shall have preview images which may not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures).
  • It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr.
  • Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.

FINAL ENTRY

Bonus Shots

PS5 RAYTRACING
Had some ideas but went back to the Binance livery as they are probably overflowing with money so why not sponsor an own racing team. And yeah, the small Binance decals were placed manually because lol, I couldn't fit a lot of small decals in 1 <15kb SVG. That was fun placing. The decals are matte to show off the shiny metallic Binance logo at the back as inverted decal. Hope you enjoy, it can be downloaded here:

Back