The GTP Unofficial 2020 US Elections Thread

GTPlanet Exit Poll - Which Presidential Ticket Did You Vote For?

• Trump/Pence

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Jorgensen/Cohen

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Hawkins/Walker

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • La Riva/Freeman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • De La Fuente/Richardson

• Blankenship/Mohr

• Carroll/Patel

• Simmons/Roze

• Charles/Wallace

• Other

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/an-air-force-combat-veteran-breached-the-senate

Ronan-Capitol.jpg

New Yorker
Brock said that he had worn tactical gear because “I didn’t want to get stabbed or hurt,” citing “B.L.M. and Antifa” as potential aggressors.

He claimed that he had found the zip-tie handcuffs on the floor. “I wish I had not picked those up,” he told me. “My thought process there was I would pick them up and give them to an officer when I see one.... I didn’t do that because I had put them in my coat, and I honestly forgot about them.”

Last edited:
Will the next administration make a new constitutional rule to prevent another president like trump?
Such as adding mental evaluations or a means to quickly remove if they start to turn rouge and their party doesnt care.

citing “B.L.M. and Antifa” as potential aggressors.

So they more worried about them and not, you know, the Secret Service?!

And even then they're not "aggresors". "Protectors" is the more suitable word.

Last edited:
I think Parler is at serious risk now of being completely deleted. It's a given there will be a suspension by apple. But it won't be long before they remove the whole app.

Not that anyone really minds.

That’s the whitest of white people excuses but it’ll probably work. “Sorry officer, I...I didn’t know I couldn’t do that.” “Well now ya know! Get outta here!”
And then he walked out of the Capitol saying to himself, "I did know I couldn't that, ahaha!"
I think Parler is at serious risk now of being completely deleted. It's a given there will be a suspension by apple. But it won't be long before they remove the whole app.

Parler will likely not be deleted, just the ease of accessing the app. Folks will likely still just as easily log on to it through the desktop.

Apple has given them 12hrs to get their moderating into gear.
The owner says that is not going to happen.

So removed from google, going to be removed from apple.
While side loading is possible on android, who will provide the apk and will the average user know how to side load on android.

Side loading on apple requires rooting the device.

Will the next administration make a new constitutional rule to prevent another president like trump?
Such as adding mental evaluations or a means to quickly remove if they start to turn rouge and their party doesnt care.

Has Trump got more than just orange to camouflage with now?

I remember watching The Dark Knight Rises for the first time and thinking "I'm glad I live in a real life Western country where the chances of that happening are so very, very small". Now it seems like a circumstance that could actually happen.

A scene from the same film - as Batman is imprisoned with a TV showing everything he built falling apart - does feel appropriate for Trump, though.

The answer is an emphatic yes, but the means you mention will not be the first invoked.

What the new administration will do, and it has already begun, is to constitutionally add new blue states to the union; assuring for the foreseeable future a one-party rule of the Congress. This in turn will enable legislation to constitutionally add ("pack") Justices to the Supreme Court, obviating recent conservative appointments and enabling long-term one-party control over future appointments to the Court . IMHO this is a sound, viable scenario which very likely will eventuate in this way unless the Democratic Party devolves into paralyzing internal division.

Last edited:

And then he walked out of the Capitol saying to himself, "I did know I couldn't that, ahaha!"

Parler will likely not be deleted, just the ease of accessing the app. Folks will likely still just as easily log on to it through the desktop.

Like any website/service if authorities deem it to be a platform for illegal activities it'll get shut down. You can't just start a website and fill it with plans to murder/overthrow governments and expect it to last.

The answer is an emphatic yes, but the means you mention will not be the first invoked.

What the new administration will do, and it has already begun, is to constitutionally add new blue states to the union; assuring for the foreseeable future a one-party rule of the Congress. This in turn will enable legislation to constitutionally add Justices to the Supreme Court, obviating recent conservative appointments and enabling long-term one-party control over future appointments to the Court . IMHO this is a sound, viable scenario which very likely will eventuate in this way unless the Democratic Party devolves into paralyzing internal division.
I think legitimacy would be lacking if the Democratic Party were to push for increasing the number of states to take single-party control.

I think legitimacy would be lacking if the Democratic Party were to push for increasing the number of states to take single-party control.
It is perfectly constitutional. So unquestionably legit from that point of view. Is it morally legit? I think it is if the motive is to do good. If the motive is self-serving, then yes, it may be corrosive to the long term functioning of US democracy as we know it.

It is perfectly constitutional. So unquestionably legit from that point of view. Is it morally legit? I think it is if the motive is to do good. If the motive is self-serving, then yes, it may be corrosive to the long term functioning of US democracy as we know it.
Perhaps I should have said the appearance of legitimacy. Which is also important.
If the addition of any new state was motivated by a desire for votes then that would be corrosive to the long term functioning of US democracy.

Legitimacy is lacking in that post from Dotini. He keeps spouting off that threadbare garbage and his only foundation for it is "IMHO."

Last edited:
@polysmut

House approves statehood for DC in 232-180 vote
BY MIKE LILLIS AND JULIEGRACE BRUFKE - 06/26/20 02:52 PM EDT
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/504746-house-approves-statehood-for-dc-in-232-180-vote

----------------------------

D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser (D) renewed the call for a vote on D.C. statehood under President-elect Joe Biden on Wednesday as Democrats approach achieving Senate majority.

Bowser tweeted out a statement requesting that legislation establishing D.C. statehood be on Biden’s desk within the first 100 days of the 117th Congress.
The D.C. mayor also retweeted Biden’s comments on D.C. statehood from June, “DC should be a state. Pass it on.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...ews-call-for-vote-on-dc-statehood-under-biden

-------------------------------
D.C. statehood front and center

https://www.washingtonpost.com

Last edited:
It's not a done deal unless they can get the Senate on board as I understand it. Let's see how that goes. Not sure how left leaning a Puerto Rican state would be should they decide to shoot for that too.

Legitimacy is lacking in that post from Dotini. He keeps spouting off that threadbare garbage and his only foundation for it is "IMHO."

As Dotini links, the law and maps are already drawn up. All that it needs to pass is a simple majority in the Senate which is now plausible, and signed by the President which is also plausible. The immediate effect would be three more Dem electoral votes, one Democratic representative added, two Dem senators for a balance of 52-48, and thus a reasonably clear majority which could be used for a variety of things including admitting PR by a similar process, that state being a political tossup as far as I can gather but would certainly include at least some Democratic congresspeople. PR would be six electoral votes, 4 reps, and 2 senators.

https://spdblotter.seattle.gov/2021/01/08/spd-officers-in-d-c-referred-to-opa/

Seattle police chief Adrian Diaz
Today the Seattle Police Department was made aware that at least two of its officers were reportedly in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday. The Department fully supports all lawful expressions of First Amendment freedom of speech, but the violent mob and events that unfolded at the U.S. Capitol were unlawful and resulted in the death of another police officer. The incident has been forwarded to the Office of Police Accountability for full review of any SPD employee activities at the U.S. Capitol.

The OPA will investigate whether any SPD policies were violated and if any potential illegal activities need to be referred for criminal investigation. If any SPD officers were directly involved in the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, I will immediately terminate them. While OPA investigates, these officers have been placed on administrative leave.

Last edited:
Guess what the Defense Department, filled with Trump-appointed incompetents, is calling the events of last Wednesday? Not coup. Not insurrection. Not assault. Not an attempted overthrow of the United States government by right wing extremists organized, inspired and directed by Donald Trump. No, they’re calling it a First Amendment Protest. They’re calling it that not just to diminish what happened, but to link it to Trump’s banishment from nearly all social media platforms.

Back