The New GTPlanet Scavenger Hunt...

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,038 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: The bonuses... what year are the E30 and the 190E?

It's a general question, I've always ignored it.-

Is it the total of the price of the two cars or the price of the cars individually?

For example would a $300,000 car parked next to a $100,000 be the same as two $200,000 cars?

Well it's the most expensive pair. So it's both combined. As for the E30/190E... I added photos!

Damn it, I need to fly back to England, go to London, and find the Dorchester hotel again.

4. Size of a mouse, heart of a cow. Get the smallest vehicle with the largest engine (in liters). Size will be calculated the same way Famine's was.

Does it have to be the stock engine, or are engine swaps allowed?

Wow... quite a few entries then?

Fastest Orange Car: Gashlycrumb 112mph; Casio 143mph; -Diego- 146mph; M5Power 147mph - point M5Power
Lady & the Tramp: Slicks 4.7:1; -Diego- 6.25:1; M5Power 8.04:1; Gashlycrumb 11.8:1; Casio 13.95:1 - point Casio
Bargain Basement Benz: -Diego-
Size of a Cow: YSSMAN 4.8; JoeyD 4.9; Slicks 7.4; Casio 8.0; -Diego- 8.99; M5Power 9.87 - point M5Power
Bonus: M5Power 1; Gashlycrumb 1; Roo 1; JoeyD 1; G.T 1; -Diego- 1; Slicks 1

Overall
M5Power - 3
-Diego- - 2
Casio - 1
Gashlycrumb - 1
Joey D - 1
Roo - 1
Slicks - 1
G.T - 1

So, Mr. M5Power... 2 weeks in a row of category picking!

Podium finish, yay!

Stating the obvious, but here it goes: the bonuses, is it like Famine's that if you see one you just get a point, or you get a point for each one you see?

It seems as though the small car with big engine category will be easy for us to win here in the US. I could think of a few classic rides that would fair well, if not, several modern ones that wouldn't do too bad either.

Question: Do Cruise-Ins count as "spottings" since they are technically on the road?

It seems as though the small car with big engine category will be easy for us to win here in the US

Yeah, I was thinking that. As the calculation is bias towards the engine size compared to the car. No matter what size something with a 427ci+ engine would be hard to beat. I haven't calculated it but Z06 or Viper would probably take this category by a mile.

And as usual I spent all last week looking for a Daewoo Matiz for the smallest engine/biggest car, which had an index of almost 11, only to come up with nothing. Yet I find three today, as well as TWO Ferrari's within 5 minutes, yet I was unable to chase them as my brother was late for work....

Well, we would be looking for the smallest number if I'm not mistaken, so the Z06 shouldn't fair too bad, nor should the Viper. I can think of a few German models that wouldn't do too bad (comes from a pretty prestigious brand, within a few decimals of the 'Vette). My original guess isn't near where I had thought it would be, and thats a disappointment, but given the popularity of some of the cars that stand the best chances of winning near me... Well, lets just say this shouldn't be an overly hard category this week.

Really anything with more than six liters that isn't a truck stands a fair chance of winning...

True, but us Euros have a slight advantage with the slowest car... those Axiams sure are common :sly:

orange_matiz.jpg
- would be a good contender.

I actually saw one yesterday. Hopefully it appears again!

Podium finish, yay!

Stating the obvious, but here it goes: the bonuses, is it like Famine's that if you see one you just get a point, or you get a point for each one you see?

It's like Famine's, the twist being if you see examples of both cars you get two points. You could see seven million E30 M3s - it'd still be just the one point!

3. Most expensive side-by-side. This is the most expensive pair of vehicles (TWO ONLY) you can find parked next to each other. Values will be calculated based on US-market pricing.
Is this current price, or price when new?

What if its a car the US didn't get?

Yep, based in Wellington. That one lives in Eastborne, just down the road from my house. I had never noticed that it was a 2.3-16 until you asked for one. I should have guessed though as he as a range of nice classics parked around his house.

Yep, based in Wellington. That one lives in Eastborne, just down the road from my house. I had never noticed that it was a 2.3-16 until you asked for one. I should have guessed though as he as a range of nice classics parked around his house.

The 2.3-16 is really a nuts car but very understated so I could see how you'd miss it. Thanks for the photo - I threw that on as a novelty presuming people only really had a chance for the E30.

I know where an E30 resides a few kilometers from where I work, so you might as well put me down for a point there - You, M5Power, even commented on it in the DYSAGT thread a few months back.
But other than that one M3, I don't know of any others on the Island, or even on the West Coast of BC.

The 2.3-16, however, is really going to be tough. I've never seen one before.

I highly doubt I'll see either car in "We-lynch-people-who-drive-foreign-cars", Michigan. But hell I'll look.

We've got ONE 2.3-16 for sale in the whole country. That's an amazing find. It's actually twice as rare as the TWO E30 M3s for sale.... :lol:

Ugh. Me neighbor drives a 190E 2.3. But no 16v. I hate her. anyways. Heres my entry for mouse/cow heart. I washed, drove, and detailed this vette today. 50th Anniv Convertible. Here's the pic, parked in front of my house. 4.56*1.87*1.21=10.32/5.7=1.81

Corvette2.jpg

Corvette.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back