The Sunday Cup...Lotus Club GT...Open 

• Thread starter GTP_ADE
  • 5,926 comments
Another teaser, and Cobani's car is the star in the new Sunday cup banner...​

SCS2BANNER.png

Oooooh that looks like a 111RM. And sports tyres will make it more fun, the S1 cars had a bit too much grip for the low power level.

Well at least we know what colour and number has been taken. Looking good.

Edit: on the weekend of Goodwood Festival of Speed.

Thanks Ade, I got my prize and it looks great. 👍 If I ever get me a Lotus maybe I'll use it for my carkeys, otherwise I'll just keep it in mint condition. :)

Hello gentlemen!

I've been looking for a series to race in, and I like what you guys have going on here.
I'd love to join in if there are any spots available.
I have tons of GT5 organized race series experience and drive SUPER clean.
Looking forward to it!

Hello gentlemen!

I've been looking for a series to race in, and I like what you guys have going on here.
I'd love to join in if there are any spots available.
I have tons of GT5 organized race series experience and drive SUPER clean.
Looking forward to it!

Welcome to the Sunday Cup. Sign up will open on Sunday, with full car, track and lap regs.

After a discussion with my wife regarding her upcoming work schedule change, it seems that Sundays are going to be the only day we can hang out together.
Nothing personal, but I'd much rather hang out with her than a bunch of petrolheads :)

You guys have a fun series, maybe I'll be able to join the next one.

At the end of The Sunday Cup season 1, our lotus Elises's had seen 3 upgrades, with us ending up with 197 BHP. Season 2 will see us start with 216 BHP,(not 217,as I put in the messages, that was a typo) which gives us round about the same power to weight ratio that we ended S1 with. That is round about 300 BHP per ton. We will be using the same 3 upgrade options again, only this time the power will increase by 20 BHP with each package. Also we wont have the luxury of the racing tyres, so the car is going to be a bit more twitchy than we all got used to.

This brings me to the subject of the new tyre/pitstop regulations.

TYREOPTION.png

The Sunday Cup tyre regulations.

Sports tyres are to be used this time around, with soft, medium and hard being used throughout the series. The prime tyre will be sports medium, and this will be used in every race. The option tyres will be soft or hard depending on the event. You must use both the prime tyre and the option tyre in each race. This means that drivers are going to have to be very careful with pit stops, and must remember to change the tyres when pitting.

There will be no lower limit to the amount of laps that you use the slower tyres for, as long as you use them. Therefore you may wish to opt for a 2 stop stategy, using the faster tyres for most of the race, and the slower tyres for a minimum of 1 lap. This will give you faster lap times, but will cost you a pit stop.

The tyre that is used in qualifying must be used at the start of the race.

I hope that these updates are keeping you all excited for S2, all that is left to reveal now is the tracks and lap numbers.

Just thought i would show you all the new ME..
SanGimignano-TownSquare-1.jpg

The publicity shot...
SanGimignano-TownSquare_1-1.jpg

The view most of you will get on the track:lol:

Sunday Cup Racers, I have given you the new car specs and the new tyre rules. Now its time for the final piece of the jigsaw. The Sunday Cup S2 Race calender.

S2CALENDER-1.png

Last edited:
Great choice of tracks Ade 👍 Very nice to see Laguna Seca, Tokyo R246 and Trial Mountain in there with the usual suspects.

Also here is a sneak peak at my machine for Season 2, (here comes the pun) I guess you could say... I'm out for blood :lol:
EigerNordwandShortTrack_2.jpg

Great choice of tracks Ade 👍 Very nice to see Laguna Seca, Tokyo R246 and Trial Mountain in there with the usual suspects.

Thanks, I tried to make the track selection as different as I could from season 1.
I chose Nurb GP and Fuji, with different layouts than we had before. Spa was chosen, as it was the first circuit we used for SC1.

Nice new colours Dowlin, and if anyone else is planning a new paint job, let me know so I can update the driver standings table. Mind you I may struggle to find a good match for Jamesys bronze elise:lol::lol::lol:

Anyone fancy having a tyre test at Suzuka east tomorrow at 8.00pm BST, and maybe a few short races to see how the new SC car behaves ?

Last edited:
I'm always good for a few tests. I'll also be running new colors: My 111R will fly in Petronas colors, Matte Light Silver body on Turquois rims.

Sunday Cup sign up is open. All specs, rules and race dates are posted in the OP.

Registered drivers PSN:

ADE3210
PSN-OMNIUSALX
JAMESYBOGRAT
COBANI
ROSENLUNDAREN
GOODWOLF_
TROTTERLOVER79
THIRD_REIGN
DOWLIN79
GTP_JOYLORD
JIMFTR2
RICHYBOY2MIL

RESERVE DRIVERS

COBRIUS
GTP_HASSELMOFF

Last edited:
We had 5 turn up for tyre tests tonight, and the results are very promising. Suzuka East was chosen as it is short and technical. There is a huge difference in grip compared to the RH tyres used in season 1, making this Elise a bit more of a handful. It gave us a chance to try all 3 compound sports tyres. There is about a 1.5 second lap difference between each tyre at this track. We had 3, 6 lap races with pitstops to change from SM to SH. Then we had 1 more race with the same tyres, only using all the upgrades (276 BHP) to see how the Elise would handle with the maximum power on the SH tyre. The car seems to love the extra power, even on the SH. There will be some more tests before we kick of the new season, and this is good practice for the pitstops, as well as trying the tyres. Jamesy, Dowlin, Third and myself were joined by Jimftr2, who showed some great pace tonight.

Last edited:
Hi everybody!

Just painted my car white with black wheels.

Carnumber: 9

Like the idea with sports tires!

I also continue with the "as real as possible manner" and skip the ABS.

Hi everybody!

Just painted my car white with black wheels.

Carnumber: 9

Like the idea with sports tires!

I also continue with the "as real as possible manner" and skip the ABS.

Thanks for the car info Rosen. The new tyre rules will add a new dimension to the race strategy for everyone. I will hold a few more tyre tests before race 1.

My colours for SC2

Car: Nero Black
Wheels: Gold metallic
Number: 83

If nobody else is using this combo.

Cheers Ade 👍

After a couple of laps on Deep Forest, SPA and Laguna I must say that it's more fun driving with sports tires than on racing tires. 👍 :)

Is it possible to get the real stock set up for the car?

For now I only set the down force to max.

Is it possible to get the real stock set up for the car?

Leave it with me, I will see what I can do. For the time being it might be worth trying the Exige Cup 260 settings I posted for the last SC. I am not sure if there is much difference between them. Although you may want to increase the rear toe to compensate for the back end trying to step out.
untitled-1.jpg

Back