The Sunday Cup...Lotus Club GT...Open 

• Thread starter GTP_ADE
  • 5,926 comments
SanGimignano-TownSquare_4.jpg

Sunday Cup racers, This coming Sunday will see us only 4 weeks away from the start of the new season. We know the car, the tracks and the new tyre/pit stop regs.

This coming Sunday will also see massive celebrations across the UK for The Queens Diamond Jubilee. 60 years.

The Sunday Cup has its own celebrations in mind as well, with a 60 mile Exhibition race in the coming seasons car. We cant race in London as it will be far to busy with Jubilee revelers, so the venue for this special race will be Cape Ring Inside.

This race is an exhibition race only, and there will be no points or prizes. It will have no reflection at all on the coming championship series.

The normal Sunday Cup regulations will be followed including the new tyre rules. Please see rules in OP.

THE SUNDAY CUP DIAMOND JUBILEE EXHIBITION RACE. 60 YEARS, 60 MILES.

SUNDAY JUNE 3rd

ROOM OPEN AT 8.00pm BST

15 MINS QUALIFYING AT 8.15pm

RACE TO START AT 8.30pm
(To allow racers to register for Sunday GT3.5 Cup at 8.00pm)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=253366

CAPE RING INSIDE 40 laps

LOTUS ELISE 111 RM...216 BHP SPEC...see OP for spec

1 COMPULSARY PIT STOP

PRIME TYRE - SPORTS MEDIUM

OPTION TYRE - SPORTS SOFT

BOTH TYRES TO BE USED

EX3.png

If you can make this one off Sunday Cup special, please reply to this post.

Registered drivers.

ADE3210
DOWLIN39
RICHYBOY2MIL
ROSENLUNDAREN
THIRD_REIGN
JIMFTR2
COBANI
JAMESYBOGRAT

Last edited:
I am away for the weekend, but should be back Sunday afternoon/evening.

So put me in, but not 100% sure i'll make it yet :)

Oooh a pre season Race! I'm away on a Tournament for my other hobby, so i don't know if I'll be there on time. As far as the race is concerned I'm all in.

count me in..

might make a special edition car just for this race .
pity you can't make the car red white and blue:lol:
but i will try my best...

EX3.png

Registered drivers.

ADE3210
DOWLIN39
RICHYBOY2MIL
ROSENLUNDAREN
THIRD_REIGN
JIMFTR2
COBANI
JAMESYBOGRAT

Last edited:
... might make a special edition car just for this race .
pity you can't make the car red white and blue:lol:
but i will try my best...

Great idea there! I would like to run a special livery too this Sunday.

And on a sidenote, I got a delivery with some awesome things in it ... More on that in my race report, I promise I will post it before the start of S2 ...

Gotta visit GT Auto now ...

And on a sidenote, I got a delivery with some awesome things in it ...

Phew, I am so glad it came. ROYAL MAIL, JUBILEE, must be fate.

Had a few runs around Cape ring inside tonight on the pad, on both medium and soft sport tyres. This track is a hell of a lot of fun in our new cars.

55.xxx on the mediums
54.xxx on the softs

more time to come off with the wheel.

My car for SC2.

picture.php

Nice Goodwolf. Good to see that you have changed your number to the position you came in season 1. I like that! If other racers wish to change their numbers aswell, let me know. You know what that means Cobani, NUMBER 1.

Nice Goodwolf. Good to see that you have changed your number to the position you came in season 1. I like that! If other racers wish to change their numbers aswell, let me know. You know what that means Cobani, NUMBER 1.

You guessed my special livery ... :ouch: lol.
As a one off I wanted to do that, with a color very special to me, Feuerwehr-red.
We'll see! :mischievous:

Love the new car liveries guys!

As series organizer, I thought I had better follow suit and reveal my SC2 car, with matching race suit and helmet before this Sunday's exhibition race. SONIC BLUE CLEARCOAT AND SUNBURST YELLOW.

SanGimignano-TownSquare.jpg

Keep the pictures coming, and I will put them all in one post on here.

Last edited:
So, just in time before the new Elise takes over completely ...

Cobani's Race Report 8

Let's go back a few weeks (yes it's been that long!).
Cobani leads Jamesy by one point, one race to go ...

SC_Race8_001.jpg

A lot of tension just before the lights go out for the final race of the season ...

SC_Race8_002.jpg

'Plan A': "Lead and Leave" is out of the window as soon as Jamesy gets a better start ...

SC_Race8_003.jpg

Jamesy leads Cobani, Third, Cobrius and Ade ...

SC_Race8_004.jpg

The whole pack through the Esses ...

SC_Race8_005.jpg

'Plan B' in effect: Mirror Jamesy as the race developes and see if we can break away ...

SC_Race8_007.jpg

The leaders were increasing their lead by a second a lap ...

SC_Race8_006.jpg

Jamesy was giving his all, as the pace was blinding ...

SC_Race8_008.jpg

The championship battle was indeed just between the pointsleaders ...

SC_Race8_009.jpg

One little moment of Jamesy down the backstraight, meant for Cobani to go to 'Plan C': Ease off ...

SC_Race8_010.jpg

Final pitstop about to happen, no shortage on pitcrews ...

SC_Race8_011.jpg

Flying in for the last time ...

SC_Race8_013.jpg

Empty road ahead as Jamesy was going for the win ...

SC_Race8_014.jpg

No pressure from behind because of the gap we created in the beginning ...

SC_Race8_012.jpg

Staying focused ...

SC_Race8_015.jpg

My trusty 'Elise', I thank you ...

SC_Race8_016.jpg

Taking the chequered flag in second gets me first in the Championship!

All credit for Jamesy as he did what he had to do and win it.
Like we've all allready said to each other, respect for the mature and fair way of driving/racing. Cheers!

Now ... Bring on Sunday Cup S2!

Last edited:
Now ... Bring on Sunday Cup S2!

I cant believe it was nearly 3 weeks ago:eek:

Fantastic pics Cobani, you really did yourself proud with the regular race reports, and superb pictures. I hope you enjoy your prizes.

Just over 4 weeks until season 2, and a Jubilee taster at the weekend should keep everyone excited I hope.

EX3.png

Also here is the new Sunday Cup driver standings table that you will be seeing every couple of weeks. Its blank at the moment, but its not too long until we will see some points on the table.

SC2standings2-3.png

Had a few runs around Cape ring inside tonight on the pad, on both medium and soft sport tyres. This track is a hell of a lot of fun in our new cars.

55.xxx on the mediums
54.xxx on the softs

more time to come off with the wheel.

More time has come off with the wheel.

54.3xx on mediums
53.1xx on softs

Last edited:
I will try and post my car pic later Ade, never posted a picture on here so not quite sure how its done. But will try in a little while.

Tried posting my car, but for some inexplicable reason my tags don't want to embed the picture on the forum posts. I've uploaded my SC2 111R to my profile. Feel free to grab it from there.[/QUOTE]

Done, cheers for that Third.👍

I have updated the OP with a new theme for all of the SC banners. Gone with the Lotus Black and Gold theme.

Yes, thanks Ade. :)

I always like to do that because it's the number you earned and the number you'll fight for. It represents you, your skill and the position in the race that you'll try to defend. And when you have numbers like Cobani, Jamesy and Cobrius you'll know who to watch out for and challenge.

Nice color combos Gents. Also I like the new graphics for points table Ade. 👍

Back