The Tuning Garage Challenge 2.0 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Jetboy.
  • 417 comments
I'd like to join, but since I am not a tuner, I am looking for a team to join.

Almost have a car. I had to knock 140hp off to make it legal but it's still pretty fast.

I wish I could change the rear end gear to compensate for the lost power though, it could be faster still.

I need a driver! I will have 2 good cars, just need somebody to drive them like they stole them... PM me if you want Please!

I'd like to join, but since I am not a tuner, I am looking for a team to join.

*waves*

Over here mate. ;)

Cool RJ, i'm in. Now please give me a car I can beat Austin with :dopey:

Heh, Roj and I will do our best.

Almost have a car. I had to knock 140hp off to make it legal but it's still pretty fast.

I wish I could change the rear end gear to compensate for the lost power though, it could be faster still.

Oh? This should be interesting... Although why can't you change the rear gear? Factory gearbox?

Oh, holy crap I didn't think they were that far off. That's 3.833!! :eek:

Okay, GT4 Home Garage->Drop down menu for either "Driven" or "Power"->Power To Weight Ratio.

Oh? This should be interesting... Although why can't you change the rear gear? Factory gearbox?

It's got a racing gearbox, so ratios can be changed. However, according to the rules in post #1:

Pre-existing cars may be tweaked from their counterparts in horsepower and weight only but! Suspension/ Transmission settings are to be left alone, as this is the search for the best All Around vehicle.

As an idea for a small rule change, I'd say you should award garage points for two fastest cars from every garage. While it may screw single driver garages it's still a better situation than one overwhelmingly fast driver skewing the entire competition because some people will win regardless of what they're driving. The garage that gets the most out-of-this-world alien into their ranks is almost a certain winner now. After all we're looking for the best all round car instead of the best driver, no?

On the other hand, if you want to have a class that only gives points to the fastest garage time it should probably be a class for "factory entries" only. That way the cars would perform accordingly to the skills of their creators and be driven the way they were made to be. Standings practically decided by the effectiveness of the car & driver combination (everyone tuned for themselves, I guess) and it would also be fair to the single tuner garages.

More high octane fuel to the fire, perhaps even "privateer series" and "factory series" as separate results?

It's got a racing gearbox, so ratios can be changed. However, according to the rules in post #1:

MkII version posted in your garage for compliance's sake ;)

As long as it's there by the 15th all is well.

Looking forward to seeing what cars you put up RJ, i just hope it doesn't cost much as have next to no CR. left :eek:

Thank you for accepting the rules Adam. ;)

I'll acept them, but not crazy about them. Still would prefer an S3 tired "run what ya brung" type of deal. ;)

MkII version posted in your garage for compliance's sake

As long as it's there by the 15th all is well.

💡

Looking forward to seeing what cars you put up RJ, i just hope it doesn't cost much as have next to no CR. left :eek:

It'll be a pair of familiar faces, although one hasn't been seen around RVV before ;)

As an idea for a small rule change, I'd say you should award garage points for two fastest cars from every garage. While it may screw single driver garages it's still a better situation than one overwhelmingly fast driver skewing the entire competition because some people will win regardless of what they're driving. The garage that gets the most out-of-this-world alien into their ranks is almost a certain winner now. After all we're looking for the best all round car instead of the best driver, no?

I agree. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but seeing Austin343 participating on this makes me want to crap my pants... unintentionally. :nervous:

Okay, due to interest of other members here, Greycap's proposal will be taken into review. 👍 I see his concern and I feel since we may not have any "singleton's" this can go through rather smoothly.

Cheers
Jetboy

Points rules have been revised, placements for AMMT, RVV, and MFT's garages made.

Cheers,
Jetboy

I agree. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but seeing Austin343 participating on this makes me want to crap my pants... unintentionally. :nervous:

I feel your pain.:nervous::ill:
When I saw his avatar I knew I that was a step down from the podium.

I believe I will be in a hurry on friday and sunday to upload a tune to the garage.

I believe this will be entertai-crap.

You're an alien too. Ah well. Get something good together Lucas, I wanna have a proper fight with you :P

You're an alien too. Ah well. Get something good together Lucas, I wanna have a proper fight with you :P

I may be a good driver, but by no means I'm an alien. Not that it is a bad thing, since I know where to aim for.

A proper fight, you say? It all depends on what car do I choose. Some cars are easier to work on than others, not to mention much better. We shall see in a couple of days what am I entering on this one. 👍

Why do I never get told about these things? Yeah, I know, because I am unreliable! Jokes, I guess you need someone to come last, so I am getting to work now.

Lachlan

Back