The UK Gran Turismo Party IV

• Thread starter Famine
  • 170 comments
GT_Fan2005
everywhere is over 100 miles from me:D

except some parts of kent and brighton....southampton, portsmouth, london, watford....

Ok so not everywhere is 100s miles away. feels like it though. Oh how i wish i could drive, but hey, trains work.!:D

kent lives in the states ash....

and trains work do they?

its a shame you didnt try to use them the last time we had a UKGTP!!!!

nevermind man, you didnt get to that one, im sure you'll make the next one.

we can always hope.

:irked:👍

vexd
kent lives in the states ash....

and trains work do they?

its a shame you didnt try to use them the last time we had a UKGTP!!!!

nevermind man, you didnt get to that one, im sure you'll make the next one.

we can always hope.

:grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :ouch:

Last time was down my boss deciding he wanted me to work that weekend (hes a wanker, no one likes him) normally i would have told him to pee off and gone anyway, but, being as htough i was and still am in a probationary period, he can sack me on the spot, and i need the job, because i need money, because i need to get up there!:D

I WILL be there next time.👍

And i dont understand the kent thing :confused: Kent is a county near Sussex! Is the kent im talking about:P

i know, i was only playing.....

chill out.

u had ur reasons.

u missed out, dont do it again!

:grumpy:👍

GT_Fan2005
Ok so not everywhere is 100s miles away. feels like it though. Oh how i wish i could drive, but hey, trains work.!:D

Yeah I guess I'm not the furthest away then, trains are boring, unless you have a PSP. :P

Wherever it is it won't affect my chances of being there, I either won't be there because of work or I will be there, simple as that for me.

I am still looking maybe to come to the next one. So want to meet some people on here. Just don't ask for lots of real car photos from FOS.

To be printed out in there biggest size for you lot, if your lucky and i come to the next one. I may even print them out for you guys.

bump!

Just a thought, maybe if the next UKGTParty takes place in the Newark area of the country, it could possibly include a Karting event - i've heard that ELK Racing have a fine outdoor circuit near by?

TheCracker
bump!

Just a thought, maybe if the next UKGTParty takes place in the Newark area of the country, it could possibly include a Karting event - i've heard that ELK Racing have a fine outdoor circuit near by?

Hmmmmmmm where did you get this information?

eh Dan?

hmmmm
:irked:

vexd
Hmmmmmmm where did you get this information?

eh Dan?

hmmmm
:irked:

...probably from one of your posts? ;)

I was being serious though!

Have you had any more thoughts on the next party?

Yeah, that i should pull my finger out.

Ive had quite a hectic few months since i saw you in October, so i havent really been able to commit to any plans.....

RL has been in my face, if you know what i mean.

Ill see.

Leave it with me.

Hey there, I'll be back in England again in May, and will have 3 weekends to choose from, 13th & 14th, 20th & 21st or 27th & 28th to hopefully meet up with some of you for a LAN party. 👍

I've just sent this PM round to everyone, having been reminded that our ex-pat friend is over here in May...

Hey folks.

I've had word from Smallhorses that he'll be over in the UK the weekend on 20th-21st May and this coincides nicely with the rough sort of time we should have another LAN meeting.

I realise it's going to be tricky to put something together at such extremely short notice (well... 2 months is sort-of short notice for this kind of thing) and that some of us may find it difficult to get the time for this due to work and, in the case of some of our members, proximity to exams, but I'm confident that with the collective efforts of our Britbrains we can muster something ass-kicking.

As of now we MUST find a venue. I'd suggest somewhere in the Midlands to make it geographically accessible to most (daan and GG would have to come from the far reaches of the North, DQuaN, Specialized, Mars, and Jon. from the south-east, Kelly, Ron, Jerry and Joe from "west o'the Pennines", EE and 911 from Welshland and so on). vexd said he had a potential place in Newark (just off the A1) which I think would be ideal - can I leave that to you to sort out?

I can obviously provide at least A switch from last time (with as many more as required) and cabling, with a networkable PSTwo, GT4, DFP and memory cards, along with the "experience" of setting a LAN up.

We need at least five more DFPs/PSTwos/GT4s available for the whole weekend (if you can bring items but only attend for one day, if it's possible to leave it with us I will take personal responsibility for delivering them back intact) and memory cards available for putting cloned gamesaves on.

We also need rigs - vexd obviously has his own, and I've got one spare from the previous meet set up in my computer room. Building the whole set up is quite expensive (as I learned) so this is probably the most vital aspect of all and shouldn't be left on one person.

One thing I overlooked last time was a full car test list (which showed when the S-Type daan and I tested proved to be much, much quicker on other tracks than a couple of cars which tested quicker). Can anyone with time and a 10,000/100/100/100 Bob do a full Arcade Car Bob-a-thon on, say, Trial Mountain Reverse to established a database - or if anyone has one already - from which we can generate race fields?

I'll post something up in the thread we already have for this.

Lastly, if you can think of any members who would be interested that I have forgotten, please forward this on to them.

Current Mailing List:
Famine ; daan ; vexd ; EXelero ; lotus350 ; Mr P ; Touring Mars ; ExigeExcel ; 911_Carrera ; Sphinx ; Roo ; Ashley. ; Venom77 ; DQuaN ; Specialized ; Jon. ; GilesGuthrie ; Wastegate ; sukerkin ; Smallhorses

Thank you, all!

I should really add TheCracker, live4speed, TVR&Ferrari_Fan, Scaff and Bee to the list...

Having thought about it, I think May 27th/28th would be a much better weekend, as Monday 29th is Spring Bank Holiday, giving everyone a day to recover/get back home for work.

Sorry mate! Our babysitters are on holiday from the 10th - 24th of May and they are booked to watch our kids when we are at a LAN meeting in Amsterdam 26th - 28th May :)

Have a great meeting 👍
Cheers :cheers:
Ron.

I have my own setup available to bring, dfp, ps2 lalala, gt4..

Just a matter of scraping the money to get there and back together:D

I could take a PS2 mem card and DFP, theres a much higher chance I can make it this time, but I don't know if I could make more than 1 day.

not to sure if i can make this one, but if i cant and famine wants to he can pop round mine and borrow my DFP, PS2, GT4 controllers etc for the weekend.

Spec...

Famine
Having thought about it, I think May 27th/28th would be a much better weekend, as Monday 29th is Spring Bank Holiday, giving everyone a day to recover/get back home for work.

That'd be great for me, I can do that weekend (couldn't do the 20th-21st). I can bring a PS2, GT4, and memory card and controller, plus a wee 14-inch TV if you need it, and I'd be there all weekend.

You don't have any exams on Monday 29th, and what better way to go into exam fortnight than a damn good relaxing weekend full off kickass fun?

Famine
You don't have any exams on Monday 29th, and what better way to go into exam fortnight than a damn good relaxing weekend full off kickass fun?
As much as I agree, I don't quite think my parents will see it that way.....

Tell them I've got two degrees. I know what I'm talking about when it comes to exam time...

:D

Guys

I'm going to be able to check my diary on this one over the next few days, I need to see what training booking I will have at that time.

Should be able to let you know by the end of the week.

Regards

Scaff

Famine
Tell them I've got two degrees. I know what I'm talking about when it comes to exam time...

:D
:lol:

They'll never trust someones word over the internet... especially if they type in indigo.

I would consider going if it was a bit closer to me, but then there is trying to persuade my parents to let me go. I know my Mum wouldn't mind too much, but both parents knowing what the internet is like, it will be hard, even though I know you guys are a very friendly lot and meet often. :)

Back