The Un-official Petition (UPDATE: DEFINITELY READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
GT5 is awesome but on the limited 'customization' is kind of bad. I bought an EK9 expecting it to recieve some real life customized upgrades, maybe a Spoon front lip, duckbill spoiler, but I get nothing. An excuse to add to the already existing lip. I don't even want to know what other options are available for most other cars.

Improved Customization-including real life tuning parts from aftermarket companies
Wheel Rotation- I thought this was going to rotate after a day (which is apparently real life days) but the wheels did not. Am I only entitled to 11 sets of wheels and tires for a particular car? Because that is embarassing. WHAT A JOKE. Why does Kaz even attend SEMA if he is going to allow you to fit 11 different sets of wheels to the car? WITHOUT even being able to adjust the size?

2 things for the old Circuit de la Sarthe

-Fix the camera following the L'arche chicane and La florandiere Chicane even though they are not there..
- Put textures on the houses between I think it's the Arnage and Porsche curve, it looks horrible.

Chevy Lacetti
Suzuki Liana
Kia Cee'd
Shelby Daytona

The fact that the Top Gear cars were left out is absolutly mind boggling

- Option to control wipers and with the 2 speeds and the one that wipes every 6 seconds.
- when spectating or using bspec the ability to choose which passenger seat to sit in to watch
- ability to upgrade brakes in tuning
- bonnet view
- a whole new event system similar to the special events but instead called showman event. This would consist of crazy events just for fun like longest jump, 360 spins, crash into everyone in a single race, a reverse gear race, longest burnout, longest on 2 wheels, etc
- ability to open bonnet, boot, doors in photo mode
- the 3 topgear cars
- topgear test track leaderboard for the reasonably priced car
- lots more trophies to unlock

The game is pretty spectacular as is. I would like improved engine sounds however (more intake noise, please PD) and perhaps weather/lighting effects applied to more tracks. The physics model is very, very good.

I would love to see Pikes Peak return, as well as the inclusion of Spa and Bathurst.

A petition for more features?

WAAAA WAAA WAAAH is all I see.

Kaz said himself he would be adding more features regularly and will be listening to ourselves for ideas on what we want included in the game. Its hardly crying, its just making an amazing game better.
Go look up his interview on eurogamer.

I'm enjoying the game quite a bit. It's about what I expected.

But the missing full support of G25/G27 wheels is nuts. Those wheels are marketed as basically the most realistic wheels for the GT5 experience, they cost literally hundreds of dollars, and then they release the game and don't even fully support them. Kind of insane. I'm surprised Logitech isn't on their ass because such negligence hurts their brand.

I say keep copy protection. People should be forced to earn the cars and play the game. That's the GT experience.
I use a G25 wheel and it's working graet, what are you talking about when you say it is not suported??

And to the rest, why would you want a livery editor, I couldn't care less about those things.

Now the missing GT4 tracks and maybe including some new ons, that is a good point :sly:

-End copy protection on save game files

THIS request should be the #00001 ...

I/we must have the possibility to play GT5 with serenity (YLOD in primis) ..
We must have the possibility to make and take care of our
precious GT experience (SAVES) ... in every time on a Normal USB pen
or in another profile ....

oR share ... (every one is free to do that he wants ... )

I-Runner

If you go to the wheel settings you can change the setting to Simulation. The default setting is for beginners. Next step is to turn off the "Skid Recovery System" AKA Standard physics.

I am driving with all aids off already, DOH! As most people already know, the Simulation option in the wheel menus is only for certain older wheels like the GT Force & has no effect whatsoever on the G25.

The only way I've been able to get any sense of feel for the physics model through my G25 is by taking a stock Elise 111R to a wet Le Mans on Comfort Soft tyres & then just about. The general tyre & physics model is far too tame & is way off what the GT Academy TT was & I'm dissappointed because PD said that was a showcase of GT5's physics. I have driven a couple of race cars in real life & they feel nothing like what we've ended up with here. In GT5 you have either way to much grip or the car just lets go, where's all the feel as you approach the threshold? I've only barely seen it in the example I just mentioned.

Bring back the Pro/Standard option with Pro being the same physics as the GT Academy please PD, the current physics feel way too toned down for a simulator.

👎

I have two legit things Ive noticed that should be in a real driving simulator.

Why do NONE of the Honda or Acura cars that are VTEC have it.
I bought the 97 ek type R DOHC. why in the world would you put a vtec car in a game especially a type-R and have no vtec thats what makes these engines is variable timing electronic control.

Secondly why cant i buy better brakes there is no brakes option in tuning menu ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

and this is a premium car

I just cant understand why there have been all these games come out with Honda's and putting the type-R and vtec emblems on the cars and they have no pop for vtec no noise, and basiclly NO Vtec.

heres what vtec is suppose to sound like in a stock ek type-r alot different than in the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBZSsqZoai0

Last edited:
livery system? get NFS or MCLA .... this is a REAL driving simulator ...

Bonnet Vied for standard cars... the current view looks liike it's roof mounted and the car looks too narrow on the screen. Otherwise it's all good...

Hood view for all cars
The missing GT4 tracks

I'd be quite happy if they added those two things.

A DLC pack of American muscle cars would be nice as well. I'll trade you 500 Japanese economy cars for 10 classic Mustangs - how's that for a deal?

These ... i agree with.

How about we all appreciate the game for what it is, go deep into it, come back in one month with suggestions..

I totally have to agree with you:tup:
... i'm still in the discovery process .... it's too early to criticize ....

Wah wah wah wah wah.....

All I'm reading is this ^^

Wow, the game has been out for mere hours and already the bitching starts... of course there are going to be things you feel are missing or could be better, but maybe give it a chance first. Sheesh.

I have a G27 and it works fine, i do not need a freaking horn working on the wheel.

Instead of :grumpy: and :banghead:, do :cheers:

livery system? get NFS or MCLA .... this is a REAL driving simulator ...

This attitude is holding the game back.

The typecasting of everyone who wants a livery editor into some kind of NFS Underground, Fast and the Furious loving rice child is really poor.

I don't like NFSU, I don't like FATF, but I do want a livery editor.

I want to be able to customise my cars and make them unique. That doesn't just mean changing the wheels, although it's not like changing the wheels works particularly well in GT5 now is it? What with the random selections, not being able to buy the same wheel twice (even if you painted it) and not being able to change them on 80% of the cars in the game.

Customisation is part of car culture, it's a huge part of car culture. PD endorses it heavily with their participation in SEMA, yet they wont give anything like a sufficient amount of customisation options in their games.

Having played every GT game extensively I did fine without customisation, changing wheels was enough, although I certainly wanted to change the colour of my cars, I dealt with what we had. Now that I've played Forza 2 and 3 my outlook is different. The level of customisation in Forza is fantastic, it doesn't ruin the game, it doesn't make things immature or any less about the passion for cars, it just adds a huge amount to the game.

What's the point in having the best photo mode around, with the ability to create quite literally stunning images of our cars when most of our cars are going to be essentially identical? It cheapens the photo mode aspect of the game, the pictures I take are the same as someone elses, just from a different angle. The wheel options are so restrictive the chances are we probably chose the same wheels for the car.

When you consider how easy a livery editor would be to add, how easy it would be to let us resize our wheels, how easy it would be to let us choose wheels by manufacturer, how easy it would be to let us preview the effects of our *limited* paint (before we waste it!) and how much this would add to the game, I'm astounded by the amount of short sighted opposition such features face.

The only really tough aspect of customisation is creating multiple aero parts for hundreds of cars, since this requires design and modelling (unless of course they modelled real manufacturer kits then it only requires modelling).

Finally, one of the best parts of GT is that you can do a vast array of different things in the game. Having the attitude that customisation is for NFS/FATF fans and ricers/children is missing the spirit of the game. I could live without photo mode, but it's awesome. I don't need B-Spec at all, but it's fun. I don't particularly like NASCAR, but the more the merrier! etc.

You have a choice in the game to avoid aspects you don't like, if you don't want to paint your cars, you can avoid it, but don't stand against the idea of a livery editor purely because you think it's 'above' a driving game like GT.

Lol after 2 days playing you have all this fixes? I love how easy it is to complain on the web.

Enjoy the game it is worth it!!

-CHANGE WHEEL ON STANDARD CARS "ALL CARS"
-MORE RACE MOD'S
-400 m, 1000 m & Top Speed Test
-PREMIUM VERSION OF STANDARD CARS (VEYRON)
-"KOENIGSEGG CCX"

And it would be great if in the Track Editor we can adjust # of curves and their turnig angle etc.....

Lol after 2 days playing you have all this fixes? I love how easy it is to complain on the web.

Enjoy the game it is worth it!!

We're helping PD improve the game !!! not complaning :dunce:

Last edited by a moderator:
This attitude is holding the game back.

The typecasting of everyone who wants a livery editor into some kind of NFS Underground, Fast and the Furious loving rice child is really poor.

I don't like NFSU, I don't like FATF, but I do want a livery editor.

I want to be able to customise my cars and make them unique. That doesn't just mean changing the wheels, although it's not like changing the wheels works particularly well in GT5 now is it? What with the random selections, not being able to buy the same wheel twice (even if you painted it) and not being able to change them on 80% of the cars in the game.

Customisation is part of car culture, it's a huge part of car culture. PD endorses it heavily with their participation in SEMA, yet they wont give anything like a sufficient amount of customisation options in their games.

Having played every GT game extensively I did fine without customisation, changing wheels was enough, although I certainly wanted to change the colour of my cars, I dealt with what we had. Now that I've played Forza 2 and 3 my outlook is different. The level of customisation in Forza is fantastic, it doesn't ruin the game, it doesn't make things immature or any less about the passion for cars, it just adds a huge amount to the game.

What's the point in having the best photo mode around, with the ability to create quite literally stunning images of our cars when most of our cars are going to be essentially identical? It cheapens the photo mode aspect of the game, the pictures I take are the same as someone elses, just from a different angle. The wheel options are so restrictive the chances are we probably chose the same wheels for the car.

When you consider how easy a livery editor would be to add, how easy it would be to let us resize our wheels, how easy it would be to let us choose wheels by manufacturer, how easy it would be to let us preview the effects of our *limited* paint (before we waste it!) and how much this would add to the game, I'm astounded by the amount of short sighted opposition such features face.

The only really tough aspect of customisation is creating multiple aero parts for hundreds of cars, since this requires design and modelling (unless of course they modelled real manufacturer kits then it only requires modelling).

Finally, one of the best parts of GT is that you can do a vast array of different things in the game. Having the attitude that customisation is for NFS/FATF fans and ricers/children is missing the spirit of the game. I could live without photo mode, but it's awesome. I don't need B-Spec at all, but it's fun. I don't particularly like NASCAR, but the more the merrier! etc.

You have a choice in the game to avoid aspects you don't like, if you don't want to paint your cars, you can avoid it, but don't stand against the idea of a livery editor purely because you think it's 'above' a driving game like GT.

Sometimes it does seem like they're messing with everyone though. Seriously think about it.

GT4 it was the "special" cars. Absolutely useless. Yay i won a car and all I can do with it is drive it around in practice...yay

This time its going to be the "standard" cars. I guess at least you can race them, but you could change the wheels on all the cars in the previous games at least so it feels like a giant step back.

I haven't played a lot yet, working today, but from what I'm hearing about the painting and the wheel changing you can do maybe they just shouldn't have bothered with the standards at all.

I understand what they were trying to do, but seriously, 4 or 500 equal cars with full customization would have been fantastic and so much better IMO.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure I will love the game, but it seems we have become accustomed to making concessions for the "privilege" of having the "real driving simulator". We make excuses for a game that is basically incomplete or has some things in it that are just crazy.

I was kind of unhappy about the way the game seemed to be turning out even before I bought it, but buy it I did, I couldn't help it, what we've been waiting for what 5 years. I was disappointed with the car list, it seems like the tuning is still the same system they've been since GT1 STILL, even though Ill admit I have gotten to look at it yet. No engine swaps. Now I hear about this wheel thing and the painting, it all just seems silly.

Also how or why there is only weather on certain tracks is curious to me as well. Again if you can make it equal don't do it at all.

Lets just say I'm very curious as to what MS does with Forza 4, because at this point I think they have a real chance of surpassing GT.

I know these are racing games, but there comes a point where there is more it it than that. Id seriously prefer to paint my car however id like to, make custom liveries for them, tune the bejesus out of them then swap in a different motor and do it all over again than take pictures of them. It almost becomes a game within a game at that point.

I mean for crying out loud MS has a whole marketplace for user created cars. We get pictures...whoopie. On top of that 80 percent of that cars in the game cant even do that for the most part.

As good as these game are every time there is always a few things that you just sit there and think ...they really though that would be ok.

And yeah it sounds like I'm complaining and yeah I am a bit, but you know what I paid my 60 dollars for the game..I'm allowed.

Who knows maybe itll all get addressed in a update...well see.

Sometimes it does seem like they're messing with everyone though. Seriously think about it.

GT4 it was the "special" cars. Absolutely useless. Yay i won a car and all I can do with it is drive it around in practice...yay

This time its going to be the "standard" cars. I guess at least you can race them, but you could change the wheels on all the cars in the previous games at least so it feels like a giant step back.

I haven't played a lot yet, working today, but from what I'm hearing about the painting and the wheel changing you can do maybe they just shouldn't have bothered with the standards at all.

I understand what they were trying to do, but seriously, 4 or 500 equal cars with full customization would have been fantastic and so much better IMO.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure I will love the game, but it seems we have become accustomed to making concessions for the "privilege" of having the "real driving simulator". We make excuses for a game that is basically incomplete or has some things in it that are just crazy.

I was kind of unhappy about the way the game seemed to be turning out even before I bought it, but buy it I did, I couldn't help it, what we've been waiting for what 5 years. I was disappointed with the car list, it seems like the tuning is still the same system they've been since GT1 STILL, even though Ill admit I have gotten to look at it yet. No engine swaps. Now I hear about this wheel thing and the painting, it all just seems silly.

Also how or why there is only weather on certain tracks is curious to me as well. Again if you can make it equal don't do it at all.

Lets just say I'm very curious as to what MS does with Forza 4, because at this point I think they have a real chance of surpassing GT.

I know these are racing games, but there comes a point where there is more it it than that. Id seriously prefer to paint my car however id like to, make custom liveries for them, tune the bejesus out of them then swap in a different motor and do it all over again than take pictures of them. It almost becomes a game within a game at that point.

I mean for crying out loud MS has a whole marketplace for user created cars. We get pictures...whoopie. On top of that 80 percent of that cars in the game cant even do that for the most part.

As good as these game are every time there is always a few things that you just sit there and think ...they really though that would be ok.

And yeah it sounds like I'm complaining and yeah I am a bit, but you know what I paid my 60 dollars for the game..I'm allowed.

Who knows maybe itll all get addressed in a update...well see.
I think IGN summed it up perfectly. GT5 is a 10/10 driving simulator, but a 5/10 driving game.

All tuning options being available to all cars (talking about carbon hoods, rims and other things only available to Premiums)
The Mercedes C63 AMG Touring (Premium as the Sedan)
The Mercedes E63 AMG in both Sedan and Touring versions
The ultra-rare Lancer Evolution Wagon
Bring back Rome-Night and the old Rome Circuit, along Red Rock Valley
Bring back some classic cars from the Playstation GTs, like the LM Editions
Make the damage penalty bill more forgiving for beginners
More factory-related tuning companies (example: when you're tuning your Mercedes, the tune shop logo could show AMG instead of Mercedes-Benz, M Division for BMW, Renault Sport for Renault etc.)
Make an option for intermediate tires, to be used in races with variable climate, where heavy clouds can mean rain at any moment

Get rid of copy protection, I need to be able to back it up, I'm worried that I won't be able to back it up and then my ps3 will die. Aaah :(

Don't get me wrong ... i like the livery systems in both MCLA and MRC ... but it should be in those games ... GT is about simulation .... and earning cars ...

yeah it would be nice for you to have it in GT.... I can imagine all kinds of extensions .... but it is as it is ...

when is enough, enough? .... we got NASCAR ... Rally and "the old GT-feel" ... plus HD replays ... when are you guys ever satisfied....
Enjoy the game as it is .... (or am I the only one who thinks a lot of us behave like spoiled people ...)

Go play GT ... and stop complaining please:sly:👍

Full support for clutch, like clutch wear effects, engine stalling etc
Full brake simulation including simulating brake fade and brake upgrade

Don't get me wrong ... i like the livery systems in both MCLA and MRC ... but it should be in those games ... GT is about simulation .... and earning cars ...

yeah it would be nice for you to have it in GT.... I can imagine all kinds of extensions .... but it is as it is ...

when is enough, enough .... we got NASCAR ... Rally and old GT ... plus HD replays ... when are you guys ever satisfied....
Enjoy the game as it is .... (or am I the only one who thinks a lot of us behave like spoiled people ...)

Go play GT ... and stop complaining please:sly:👍

I don't think anybody here is arguing that GT5 is anything short of spectacular, but as a GT fan, I would rather complain and have the game or the series improve for the future than let PD assume thtey have created the perfect product.

Just bring the game into present times, that's what I want. I don't want to feel like I'm playing an updated PS2 game, which is what it feels like,

- Damage - Give us a proper damage system, make the cars actually interact with the other cars on the track instead of bouncing off each other like Dinky toys. And proper mechanical damage and brake fade.

- Customization - I don't care if it doesn't effect the driving experience, jesus, just because master 'Kaz' doesn't enjoy it doesn't mean it isn't fun for anyone else. Let me paint my car whatever colour I want, let me paint my wheels and choose the sizes, let me put decals, let me slam the car to the ground if I want, if it isn't suitable for racing then that will be reflected in the game, but let me do it anyway

- Tuning - Give us more freedom. Why can't I make a 500hp Civic if I want by manipulating the boost pressure. If the engine explodes after one race then fine, it'll still be a lot of fun. I don't want to be restricted in what I can tune. Engine swaps within manufacturers would also be tons of fun.

- Sound - Proper engine sounds please. It's improved since GT4 but it isn't nearly right yet.

- Fix the weird shadowing and screen tear

Listen to what other people want for a change PD

The sad part is that all of the above could have easily been done in the past 5 years and we would have an amazing racing game. Instead we essentially have an updated racing game with some new features that no one cares about, nor would they miss them since they weren't a part of the old games.

So what would you rather have, the above, or:

- Karting

- Nascar

- Photomode

- (A limited) Course Maker

- (Limited) Weather

- (Limited) Time change

Last edited:
Removing copy protection should be a priority, none of these enhancements are gonna matter at all if you lose 100 hours worth of progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back