The Un-official Petition (UPDATE: DEFINITELY READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to have the penalty system for crashing into other cars or skipping corners from GT5 Prologue included. i found that quite useful because in real racing series you have rules, too.
Definitly more premium cars, it was a HUGE disappointment to find out that cockpit view is only available for the minority of cars.
Some sort of online ranking and the ability to earn money and experience when racing online.
I would also love to be able to win different cars for a completed event, like in the earlier versions (i believe it was GT3 where they had that). i think it makes it more interesting to compete in the same challenge more than once...

Welcome to GTPlanet

I would also love to be able to win different cars for a completed event, like in the earlier versions (i believe it was GT3 where they had that). i think it makes it more interesting to compete in the same challenge more than once...

I think I can speak for all of the [veteran] staff when I say we really couldn't cope with another two years of cod "strategies" for influencing the prize car selection...

TB
Despite the thread title suggesting that you actually read the first post, clearly many of you aren't. To save you the effort:

White & Nerdy, if you'd like this locked for the time being, just PM me.

I don't want it locked, I just want to shift the focus from adding new suggestions to debating existing ones. Once we get the existing suggestions filtered, I can reopen suggestoins.

So, what does everyone think of more precise control over the track maker? Should I add it to the master list now or is there opposition?

2p replays, seriously where are they.

2p split replay will do, but 2p single screen was a feature that was in way back in gt1,2 and i think 3. Theres no reason for it to be missing.

THISSSSSS A THOUSAND TIMES THIS
I swear I was soooo let down after my first split screen head to head, and my brother and I couldnt sit back and watch the replay over a beer. WTF

So, what does everyone think of more precise control over the track maker? Should I add it to the master list now or is there opposition?

This would greatly add on to the game I believe. Having the ability to select just straight aways to make a long test track for ones self or the ability to add many turns would make it better. The way it is set up now doesn't make it fun to make a track.

I want to be able to listen to custom music while on the menu. It might seem unnecessary
but I sometimes have the GT5 on as a sort of an ambiance kinda thing and custom music will definitely make it be more customized.

I'm adding the track maker thing now.

OK, it's in. Next subject: do you want online leaderboards? I've seen people argue against it in other threads, so what does everyone think?

I know I'm not the only person who has easily fallen victim to the AI's PITT shenanigans. Fixing the AI should be at the top no matter what! The AI has made GT5 become no so fun.

WHy: "-Enable HP rather than KW power statistic in the Russian version"?

HP isnt even a proper measurment... kW on the other hand is a real measurment. So, what's the fuss about no kW?

Anyway, could he tuning stuff be made cheaper? I mean, a stablizig bar accross the front suspention is what - 20k? A simple "racing" "power" filter, is 450, what? A full race modification, 110k, wtf? Those prices are WAY to high... Especially for what you get, a bit different exterior, a bit different interioir, and you lose most of your tuning parts... You don't even get a set of hard/medium or soft racing tires... How is a car going to be race-ready wthout racing tires?

Edit: I just realized, there are no tire marks - you make - and no smoke in the rear mirror (MOTUL Civic)...

Umm, HP is a function of torque over time.

ALSO
1 HP =.768kW
(768 W)

HP is most definitely a proper measurement. 💡

I'd like to see realistic headlights for night racing. A 1985 civic vs a 2008 BMW M5 should have very different light output. That would make night racing abit more fun. Thank you.

My apologies if this has been mentioned already but couldn't find it on the list. I would like a fast forward and rewind function in replays - this would make post race photo taking so much easier!! Seems like a very common sense feature they have left out.

Also not sure if you want to edit original post as I believe they have added HP restriction options to online play

EDIT: I would like to second the idea of being able to play your own music while in menus - not a big deal but would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Top Gear track replay views honest to its real life counter part

Top Gear track fully open (full runways for speed runs/drag races)

Top Gear track with weather/time

I'd like the AI to ramp up in speed and ability as you ramp up your car. It's all too easy to devastate the AI simply with more horsepower, and all you end up doing is lap times, not racing. Shift, the more you modded your car, the faster the AI got. Seems about right...💡

Drop head tracking, and simply animate the LR look buttons to LOOK like you moved your head. The abrupt jump is unrealistic.

Chicane cutting should engender an engine cut (like GT5p). Ramming should do the same. If damage only works online, how are beginners supposed to learn clean driving? Some kind of penalty for idiotic behavior needs to be in the game PRONTO before GT5 turns into Shift...

Oh, and of course, we HAVE to have credits for online. Now that damage is enabled online (it's about the only thing going to stop it being a bash-fest), we have to earn enough credits to pay for the damage doing it. GT5 repairs are EXPENSIVE. Don't make us grind some boring AI race just to pay for some idiot ramming us online. Let me win a few online races to pay for it...

I hate to say this, but take a GOOD look at NFS Shift. Don't groan.... yes, it's has a lot of issues, but some things it got right. Money for online. Shift's problem was that damage didn't carry over (if you even had it enabled in the first place), everything got repaired automatically, and free, before the next race. Once you had a full Garage, there's nothing to spend the race money on. But GT5, you NEED money to race (like the real world!). Problem is, there isn't any... Unless you go grind Indianapolis for an hour or so. For ONE online race?

I don't think so....:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
My apologies if this was mentioned, could not find it.

Better control over our imported music, a visible list at the very least, and maybe a multiple file or playlist add feature.

Thx

I have lots of ideas of how to improve GT5, but most of them would take years to implement. So here are some of the more realistic ones.

1 . Sort out those shadows.

2. Give us more control over the track creator. Just let us draw a outline of the track/point to point and then mark on the sectors and adjust as we see fit. Also don't forget to allow us to set the elevation and camber of each corner/section.

3. Allow us to position the exterior camera where we want, or give us more camera views.

4. Allow the player to move the interior view back and forth, just like you were moving the drivers seat along it's runners.

5. More premium cars please.

6. How about some better in car animations, so when you press the horn or flash the lights you see the drivers hands working these controls. That's a very low priority one, but would be a nice touch. Come to think of it, is there even an animation for changing gear with the gear stick/shifter?

7. I'd love to see El Capitan, Seattle Circuit & Citta di Aria tracks from GT4.

8. More European and American cars please. There is too much bias towards Japanese cars atm.

9. Allow for saving mid race when you pit. I'm thinking about endurance races, this must be an easy one to do.

10. More go-karting races track, and allow them all to be used online.

Things I would like to add or change, from what I know of the game:

1 - Return of every car missing from GT4.
2 - Return of every track missing from GT4.
3 - Remove limitations of standard cars in photomode (if it is true that standard cars are limited in photomode).
4 - Be able to change rims on standard cars.
5 - And remove that horrible paint system.

It seems people either can't read or don't want to respect the OP's wishes. ;)

Anyhow, hood cam should be in replacement of COCKPIT cam, not ROOF cam. It should be the second of four views for non-interior cars. In this case, I hereby sign, but only then.

Since everyone else is still making suggestions, I might pile on later when I have time to sort through them all.

At this point I'd like to ask everyone, again, what they think of online leaderboards. I've seem people arguing against it, and for what it's worth I could probably do the same, so I want to make sure I get some opinions.

Basically, it seems like it would be a lot of work, designing the UI and the infrastructure for what could be a highly inaccurate indication of skill, especially if they do nothing to filter corner cutters (which would take up time and resources to the detriment of other content, such as a livery editor)

Allow the filter system in the garage to still be applied after exiting and re-entering the garage. What is the use of multiple ways of viewing your garage when you have to set it to your liking and filter everytime you enter?

okay i wanted to start an similiar thread, but you guys ask a lot of stuff that's not so relevant and easy to achieve like making new car models ect. ;-)

So i'll begin with my list, maybe not all so important, but just what i noticed:

- If you start a race, and you forgot i.e. to set-up your car, you have to go all back to Main-menu and start all-over again
- Should be easier to skip the award screen if your doing license and want to go gold
- Traction Control is activated on Sebastian Loeb challenge, seems strange to me..
- Brake Bias is always 50/50 (i don't think real cars have it like that ?)
- I can't go to A-Spec screen and take a look what car i should buy when i currently have the PDI Kart activated..
- If there is a problem to connet to the server, game freeze for 30 second until timeout when exiting A-Spec menu
- I always here the same background music in the menu ?
- It should be easier to filter cars, like in GT4, i miss power-to-weight filter
- In Online mode, it should be possible only the room owner starts the race, also in regulations it should be possible to set a power limit, in tire restrictions Racing-Soft are missing.
- Turn off annoying spanish people talking whilst online-race ??

See you on the track, cheers.

Annoying spanish people? I am incredibly offended by this comment...

and no, hopefully I don't see you on the track

Well, Leaderboards were in GT5:P so I cannot imagine why they couldn't figure out a way to implement them in GT5. If I remember correctly there were lots of different ways to check the boards and see who was leading in what cars and such. It was so cool and added an absolute TON of replayability to the game. I was so disheartened when GT5 didn't have online TT leaderboards.. :boggled: I didn't care if the top times were unattainable, I still would love to browse them and download the replays of the times and watch them. The online portion of GT5 is kind of lacking and Online Leaderboards would be a very good thing to add & help improve it (And since the back of the GT5 box says Online Leaderboards it might be a good idea to actually have em! :lol: )

6. How about some better in car animations, so when you press the horn or flash the lights you see the drivers hands working these controls. That's a very low priority one, but would be a nice touch. Come to think of it, is there even an animation for changing gear with the gear stick/shifter?

Good suggestion, however, the driver does shift gears and flip paddles. Problem is, he reaches for the lever/paddle automatically when u hit the redline.

I think much of this stuff is coming. I do not believe old tracks, true custom track editing, and updated standard cars are coming.

I want machine test and drag race would be awesome.

Since this thread seems to be dying, I'll have to add another idea. What about a full stealth/chromeline DLC for NA Collector's Edition people who couldn't get the SE?

I would be happier with a decent matching between the car used to win an event, and the prize car offered. Sometimes you do an event and win something FAR inferior to the car you were just using (Historic cup last night...), plus you have already lost out on a large number of credits usually. Sometimes though you win something way above what you were just using (furai won for NR-A B-Spec)....

I see what they were doing with the experience / credit grind, but if there were more events then the game would last longer anyway. I think the events that are in the game were unlocked at the right time, stops you buying 1 car and advancing halfway through the game before using another car. The first endurance races could be unlocked sooner though...

Sorry for thread reviving, but this has to be kept alive. PD has commenced the addition of new content, so it's absolutely required that people take this thread seriously if we're to have any chance of positively affecting the future of Gran Turismo.

Can I just say, there's no need for a racing soft tire restriction as tyre restrictions make all tires that are better than the tyre restriction forbidden but anything worse permitted. And since there is 'no' better tyre than racing softs, that is totally pointless

Sorry for thread reviving, but this has to be kept alive. PD has commenced the addition of new content, so it's absolutely required that people take this thread seriously if we're to have any chance of positively affecting the future of Gran Turismo.

Mechanical Damage in A Spec and more events.

Some of us do not play online.

Both are covered (to some degree) in v1.05.

To kickstart the paring process, I'm closing some suggestions later. Stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back