The war on ISIS.

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 3,128 comments
Yeah, I have that a lot with people like John the no good Jihadi. I like it to be as humiliating and painful as possible.
If Jihad was a sporting event, you would be committing a breach of this
aup
Wishing Harm to Others

While discussing any sporting event, you may not express a desire for a competitor to be injured, killed, or become involved in an accident of any kind.
I don't mean to defend Jihadi John. I've already stated that I think he sounds like a terrible man. I'd just like to try to comprehend when it becomes OK to wish "as humiliating and painful as possible" death on a person & where the line is drawn on this forum.

I think Turkey will talk about the options for an invasion of Northern Syria. They already are building a safety zone, and most likely want to expand on that.

And maybe the Kurds should play it smart here and call for the PKK to stop their attacks on Turkey, they can't fight IS and Turkey simultaneously. And I think the West isn't going to keep supplying the Kurds when they take on the Turks.

Hmmm. Another complicated twist to an already ridiculously complicated story.

If Jihad was a sporting event, you would be committing a breach of this

But it isn't.

I don't mean to defend Jihadi John. I've already stated that I think he sounds like a terrible man. I'd just like to try to comprehend when it becomes OK to wish "as humiliating and painful as possible" death on a person & where the line is drawn on this forum.

We aren't talking about a man. We are talking about some lowlife piece of excrement, who deserves nothing less than being captured by his former comrades.

We aren't talking about a man. We are talking about some lowlife piece of excrement, who deserves nothing less than being captured by his former comrades.
Within the realms of my own opinion, I actually agree with you.

The GTP forums are either unique, or close to it, in that questions like the one I raised are always addressed logically & sensibly. I'm sure you know this, you've been a stalwart of the forums as far as I can see.
I feel like I've raised a genuine question by expressing my concerns about what has been said. I'm sure I'll be educated & enlightened if any forum staff could add their views on our exchange?

I'm sure I'll be educated & enlightened if any forum staff could add their views on our exchange?

I believe it's the "Report" button you're thinking of, given what you say.

I agree with @Dennisch, we're discussing a known killer who has, it seems, betrayed his kill-chums. Live by the sword, die by the sword. In my opinion that's a completely different proposition from almost any other context, motor racing included.

I believe it's the "Report" button you're thinking of, given what you say.

I agree with @Dennisch, we're discussing a known killer who has, it seems, betrayed his kill-chums. Live by the sword, die by the sword. In my opinion that's a completely different proposition from almost any other context, motor racing included.
If I thought there was a breach of the aup, I would have used the report button & not continued to participate in the discussion.

I have a query about where certain lines are drawn & I know they are probably all greyed. I'm asking about the boundaries rather than saying I think they've been broken.

The question is really a fair one, however, calling Jihad John a "low-life piece of excrement", is really out of bounds, no matter how true that might be. People have been banned for less, even if it was aimed at staff.

, calling Jihad John a "low-life piece of excrement", is really out of bounds,

Why is it out of bounds? We are talking about a person who has no problem with killing innocent people, and he shows it proudly online.

It would only be fair if his Jihad buddies find him, and do exactly the same to him as he did to his victims. There is no need for a money and time consuming western style court case.

A big horny boar and a couple of fences is all that is required for this case.

My take on this bit.

"Jihadi John" is whatever he is. Low life, murderer, executioner, scum etc etc in all of our eyes I am pretty sure. If he is captured by IS I am pretty sure none of us are going to spare a second thought for him. However, that is not to say I wish for him to be captured by IS. Because IS will just kill him and be done with it. Get captured by a certain set of countries though, run his crimes against him in a court of law and then apply a death penalty or triple life sentence or whatever to him would be justice. And surely if we say that we hope IS will get him we are for a split second saying (and only for a split second) that they will have done something right if they do. @Sanji Himura, who I never have agreed with on anything, is probably right in saying that it is out of bounds, in the sense that surely we should not stoop down to the level of IS (who I am certain call everyone who doesn't follow them a similar or worse thing) and we should let our OWN justice systems (which we believe to be fair in many circumstances though let's not get into some of the questionable decisions) make a judgement, instead of us letting IS do the dirty work and turn a blind eye because of the nature of the man they killed.

But like I said, if they do I do not think a single person will shed a tear for him.

Bet IS do not kill him the way he killed civilians .

You're probably right, but we cannot justify one IS killing (regardless of who the person killed is or how deserving we feel he may be to be treated that way) because by justifying even a single killing we are unknowingly taking the first step towards accepting what they do. And that is a step we must never take.

Oh, and on a side note: stay safe in Turkey, mate!

Or lock him up and throw away the key. Make his continued existence wholly dependent on the will of the state that he despises. It make take time, but eventually he will be forced to confront that reality.
Yes, I've heard that locking people up and throwing away the key helps them to see how wrong they were about their country of birth and it's way of life:lol:

My take on this bit.

"Jihadi John" is whatever he is. Low life, murderer, executioner, scum etc etc in all of our eyes I am pretty sure. If he is captured by IS I am pretty sure none of us are going to spare a second thought for him. However, that is not to say I wish for him to be captured by IS. Because IS will just kill him and be done with it. Get captured by a certain set of countries though, run his crimes against him in a court of law and then apply a death penalty or triple life sentence or whatever to him would be justice. And surely if we say that we hope IS will get him we are for a split second saying (and only for a split second) that they will have done something right if they do. @Sanji Himura, who I never have agreed with on anything, is probably right in saying that it is out of bounds, in the sense that surely we should not stoop down to the level of IS (who I am certain call everyone who doesn't follow them a similar or worse thing) and we should let our OWN justice systems (which we believe to be fair in many circumstances though let's not get into some of the questionable decisions) make a judgement, instead of us letting IS do the dirty work and turn a blind eye because of the nature of the man they killed.

But like I said, if they do I do not think a single person will shed a tear for him.
If he ever makes it back home, more than likely his defence will be that he was forced/coerced/threatened/had no choice. He'd likely have no one testify to the contrary and would probably have good chance at getting off with nothing more than a slap on the wrist.

Yes, I've heard that locking people up and throwing away the key helps them to see how wrong they were about their country of birth and it's way of life:lol:

If he ever makes it back home, more than likely his defence will be that he was forced/coerced/threatened/had no choice. He'd likely have no one testify to the contrary and would probably have good chance at getting off with nothing more than a slap on the wrist.

Well if he ever makes it back I most certainly hope that doesn't happen.

Why is it out of bounds? We are talking about a person who has no problem with killing innocent people, and he shows it proudly online.

It would only be fair if his Jihad buddies find him, and do exactly the same to him as he did to his victims. There is no need for a money and time consuming western style court case.

A big horny boar and a couple of fences is all that is required for this case.
As a raised Christian, I was taught to hate the sin, not the man. Even if Jihad John killed in the name of his religion, if the man repented tomorrow for all of his crimes and became a Christian, I would accept him as a Christian because even when he killed, he did so as a lost man, and when he repented, he became a new man.

That's why.

Ain't no get-out-of-jail free card. Repentance and conversion are a farce.

As they say... once you've broken a priceless vase, it can't be unbroken. Repentance isn't going to bring those people back to life. And it's not going to make Jihadi John any less of a violent, sadistic murderer.

-

Won't be particularly bothered if he is caught by ISIS... but it would feel more like justice if he were caught and convicted by Western authorities.

As a raised Christian, I was taught to hate the sin, not the man. Even if Jihad John killed in the name of his religion, if the man repented tomorrow for all of his crimes and became a Christian, I would accept him as a Christian because even when he killed, he did so as a lost man, and when he repented, he became a new man.

That's why.

I have a hard time understanding this..

That's why.
Would be a good idea for a TV show: "I've been converted". We put Sanji in one corner and John in the other and see which prophet is declared the winner :D

I'm afraid it won't last too long if it's the power of love vs a sharp knife though.

In other words, nobody need bear any responsibility for anything they've ever done....

I'm sorry, but in my book simply saying you are sorry is not good enough. It's precisely this kind of reasoning that leads some people to think that they can do whatever they like - like murdering innocent people - and get away with it; so long as they are 'sorry', then everything is OK, right?... what a disgustingly selfish attitude.

I don't care about the man's religious beliefs, his politics or how he feels about what he has done... he's a murderer and is guilty of horrific crimes and human rights violations, and ought to be treated accordingly. Whether he repents or apologises for his disgraceful behaviour is, like his own beliefs, a completely personal matter - so why should they affect the way anyone else considers him or his crimes?

That's why.

Did he begin helping people and being a charitable and benevolent human being trying to right all his wrongs, or did he just repent?

Baptists don't recognize each other at the bar.

Back