The WTC 600 in Tokyo done without exploits is genuinely one of the hardest races in single player in gt7 - share your setups, tips, and cars

• Thread starter The_It_Jojo
  • 2,574 comments
After looking at the list of available engine swaps, I decided today to try the R34 with swapped engine. After trying many different setups I did a blisteringly quick 26:03 with it. I took photos, but am struggling to locate a working card reader to share them! The main points of the setup were:
Wide body with wide wheel offsets and wide rims.
No weight reduction, I tried it and had to buy another car to undo it, as I preferred to do that and still have the lighter car for more handling oriented tracks. It's possible it will be even faster if you add ballast and power, given that weight reduction made it slower, but I haven't tried adding ballast yet.
Manual transmission, think I had it set to max speed 360kph.
Torque vectoring diff set to 80:20 rear:front.
Brake balance controller set all the way to the rear. Together with the diff that keeps front and rear tyre wear fairly even.
Front and rear aero, I think I had front downforce at 100, and rear at whatever was needed to get below 600 PP, it was around 323 IIRC. It might be that it would be even faster with lower front downforce than that, it was about 30 secs quicker when I dropped to 100 from max front downforce.
Reduced the power to get it below 600 PP.
SH tyres.
I think that was it, so nothing too elaborate, but it has no problem with fuel consumption, you can just rev it out with mix 1 all race long, so it would be fine with auto gears unlike the DP100. I used TC 3.

The car might initially feel like it handles badly, but it's just a matter of getting used to the braking points and speeds to take each corner, it's actually easy to drive if you don't push too hard.

Edit: found a working card reader:

tokyo 600 r34 26_03 1.jpg

tokyo 600 r34 26_03 2.jpg

tokyo 600 r34 26_03 3.jpg

tokyo 600 r34 26_03 4.jpg

Last edited:
Here’s my record time with the R32.
On average 3 in fuel economy, 1 pitstop after 6 laps. Averaging just around 2 min per lap if I don’t need to avoid the others.
Wall-grind setup.
IMG_3806.jpeg

Last edited:
Got told to post this in here! I did the Tokyo race successfully in an Alphard as a challenge.

594 HP, 3377 lbs, SH. Lots of really specific min-max shenanigans with the tune.

(skip ahead a few mins, i have a few failed tries in this footage)

18b14757d2254-screenshotUrl.jpg
18b1475a4b93-screenshotUrl.jpg
18b1475d1747-screenshotUrl.jpg
18b1475f4fa28-screenshotUrl.jpg

For the gearbox: Leave the auto-set to 240 and adjust the final drive to the left until Gear 7's speed is 289/290 kph and gear 8 is 315 kph.

Here’s my record time with the R32.
On average 3 in fuel economy, 1 pitstop after 6 laps. Averaging just around 2 min per lap if I don’t need to avoid the others.
Wall-grind setup.
The wallriding times were compared in a different thread:

In this one we take the regular racing rules ;)

Got told to post this in here! I did the Tokyo race successfully in an Alphard as a challenge.
Almost as close as when I finished it.
Definitly one of the cars with the biggest "close finish" potential in my opinion.
Other cars are either simply not fast enough or way above the competition.

Thought I'd give the Corolla a go with the 1stop strat and my 700pp suspension settings

F8OMegSWQAACy62.png

Some tweaks here and there and some better driving from me will get some faster and consistent laps

Last edited:
Finally managed a win here last night. The GTR is the ticket for me. Might start grinding this instead of Sardegna for a change of pace.

The R32,R33 and R34 with engine swaps are all winners,drop the weight down,and obviously power as well,and for me they are unbeatable.
R33,1115kg,power down to 600hp and stock suspension,one of my favourites for Tokyo.Also a mention to the Delta Integrale,both engine swap and stock engine tuned.

This Honda S660 with the engine swap looked like it could be fun. Normal aspirated and 16000rpm sounds good to me.
I Haven't done this race in a couple of months so I'm sure it can be improved. The tyres last for the whole race. You get 9 laps on a tank of fuel so you need a short pit stop for a little fuel only. This one is not as fast as the Beat swap but it's way more fun for me. Credit to @praiano63 . The suspension and diff settings are from his tune and the rest is my own.

Attachments

• 06Gran Turismo™ 7_20231031111436.jpg
    06Gran Turismo™ 7_20231031111436.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 05Gran Turismo™ 7_20231031111448.jpg
    05Gran Turismo™ 7_20231031111448.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 04Gran Turismo™ 7_20231031111419.jpg
    04Gran Turismo™ 7_20231031111419.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 03Gran Turismo™ 7_20231031105507.jpg
    03Gran Turismo™ 7_20231031105507.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 02Gran Turismo™ 7_20231031105520.jpg
    02Gran Turismo™ 7_20231031105520.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 01Tokyo Expressway - East Clockwise_.jpeg
    01Tokyo Expressway - East Clockwise_.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Question, does the game still hand out penalties for smacking on walls despite saying walls don't inflict any or did it change? I'm a below average driver and, well, uh... this event kind of intimidates me to retry after I got a 0:05.000 for goofing up.

Question, does the game still hand out penalties for smacking on walls despite saying walls don't inflict any or did it change? I'm a below average driver and, well, uh... this event kind of intimidates me to retry after I got a 0:05.000 for goofing up.
There is no penalty for wall collision you can wall ride all you want.

Its hitting the AI that will loose you the CBR 9 out of 10 times.

Hitting the walls will cause temporary damage to your car but no time penalty's. There is currently an update happening so we will have to wait and see if it stays the same. You lose the CRB if you go over the track limits lines with all 4 wheels on the last hairpin heading on to the start/finish straight. Bumping an AI car will also make you lose the CRB but it is very unclear where and how hard you have to bump them to lose it.

Took the LFA to Tokyo last night. Bone stock it’s okay. Quite a bit if understeer and plowing through the turns. Surprisingly good mid range power. Fairly controllable on the throttle out of the turns. It feels a bit “fat” though. Could benefit from some weight reduction and some suspension upgrades. Probably knock a couple seconds off per lap if you did that. Plenty of power and acceleration with the stock engine and transmission.

My fastest lap was something like a 2:10.4 and I ran a race time of 27:07. I haven’t played GT7 in a month so I was a bit rusty. The new update looks to be pretty good, though.

Last edited:
I think the stock LFA is one of the best cars for this race :lol:
I feel that most cars on hard tires are a bit heavy around corners, but the LFA feels so light. I can really trust the car. The most positive thing is of course the engine sound!
cGB3Ig9.png

using Medium tires with a bit of detuning:
kDUkctf.png

I like cars that are fuel eficient and don't suffer that much from tire wear. The LFA is up there with the Porsche Cayman: stable, fast and safe. Got this nice photo:
p4o8zke.png

The 400R is a bit different. The car is indeed fast, but front tires are gone by lap 5-6:
TU2GlXh.png

Still prefer my beloved R33 though :P

I've read through so many of these pages of setups and I just can't figure out why y'all haven't used the gtr. It's so over powered. You literally can't lose. You pass first place in the straight right out of the bridge. 825k reward everytime. 2 minutes and 5 seconds or less each lap.

Attachments

• 20231203_104507.jpg
    20231203_104507.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 47
I have a fleet of cars that can do this now - the XJ220 being the latest edition. But my favourite is the Countach Anniversary, because I like to do these things in style. It needs a few tunes to bring it up to 600pp, and some downforce with a rear spoiler, but it can do the whole race on one set of SM tyres and one fuel stop at the end of lap 6.

For me is not about finding and using 'the best car' is about trying different cars that I like and try to win with it.
It's too easy and boring(for me) to take gtr with 4wd and just win every time no matter what.

Take Abarth 500 '09 and try to win with that, now that's a challange I like, play with different settings etc.

Taking OP car to race is just grinding, this way is challange + fun WHILE making money.

When you’ve won the race hundreds of times you begin to experiment with all sorts of different cars. It’s not about what is fastest anymore. It’s about what is the most enjoyable, what is the most challenging, what is the most ridiculous, etc. Variety is the spice of life and this race is all about variety for me.

Yes exactly, only until I was able to comfortably win on every try I way looking for the best car to do that. But once I reach that I got bored and trying different cars while making money I think is a good way to 'grind' but still have fun and challenge.

couldn't agree more with those👆 reasons.

like you, i dont stick to one car. i tune, race, and move to another car that i havnt raced here.
and yes it gets boring doing the same track even with different cars, so i said to my self that i'll race sardegna and le mans too after a tokyo race.

(this is not a post regarding which race is the best) i found sardegna a bit limited on car choices, not all 800pp cars has good gas mileage. and le mans is better in terms of usable cars, just tune it to 700pp you'll likely win it, some times you're too fast that you'll have to wait a few sec or even a minutes at the finish line. so at the moment, i'm doing more le mans and pushing every car to do 8laps to make it more challenging.

but if some one asks for the best credit grind, i would still say tokyo.😉

saw fron fb group, guy insisting it’s legit. has any one tried this car this fast?
Im a bit rusted and didnt currently have any fine tune on that car, so I slapped it with as much power as I could.
~26m40s with a fastest lap of 2m08s
So I tried with wallriding instead
~25m30s with a fastest lap of 2m03s

Conclusion: clean would be mighty impressive, dirty would be increadibly slow (in case of comparing to myself with this specific car).
Maybe my "tune" is so far of that it can be so much faster, but I have strong doubts.

Last edited:
Could you guys give an estimate of how often you get the CRB with the actual rule set?

And maybe if you do that with or without wall riding.

Last edited:
Depends on the car, but I would say it's probably 95%+ that I get the CRB. If I'm testing a new car, I will go through multiple tries where I restart because I bumped the AI or the AI bumped me. That usually happens in the first or second lap, though.

Im a bit rusted and didnt currently have any fine tune on that car, so I slapped it with as much power as I could.
~26m40s with a fastest lap of 2m08s
So I tried with wallriding instead
~25m30s with a fastest lap of 2m03s

Conclusion: clean would be mighty impressive, dirty would be increadibly slow (in case of comparing to myself with this specific car).
Maybe my "tune" is so far of that it can be so much faster, but I have strong doubts.
yup we're about the same, 26:40 when it first came out, i retuned it yesterday using low turbo and improved a bit to 26:35, but no where near sub 26mins.

Latest Posts

Back