Theory on the Audi R8 LMS Ultra Handling

The downforce thing was probably the biggest contributing factor in the lap time. Removing some front end gave it slightly more top end and made it so much easier through the corners.

I just quoted what you said... You have a problem with not knowing what you said.

No, I know exactly what I said. You quoted me responding to you accusing me of saying something I did not. Are you really that ignorant?

Edit: Just remembered you said you were 14 somewhere earlier, maybe that explains it.

I think GT6 is just a glitchismo of things going wrong, maybe because they focused on GT5 without enough GT6 development. We could not do our online races last night without massive disconnects, look at other racing games on PS3, they dont have online issues as bad as the GT series. Their priorities are compromised, or they have been lazy & cheap when it comes to the things that should matter.

That being said an alternative theory is that Kaz (games founder) hates Audi because they have dominated many of his races & also at LeMans. The R10 TDI in GT5 was rather slow compared to the insanely fast Group C cars (the 787B was 10-15 secs a lap faster than the real thing) and in this game the R18 TDI struggles with slowish top speed on the straights as well. So could be that but I think its probably just bad priorities (dont fix glitches or setup issues, just add more content because the game was released at 60% content).

No, I know exactly what I said. You quoted me responding to you accusing me of saying something I did not. Are you really that ignorant?

Edit: Just remembered you said you were 14 somewhere earlier, maybe that explains it.
Let's get this straight - you said the R8 was fine and people who were moaning couldn't drive, when I said that we can drive and the R8 has some extreme weight transfer you denied. You asked if I had ever driven an MR IRL, and if I had, i'd agree with you. When I bring that to light, you deny it, and call me arrogant. And lastly, never bring age into it. It has no bearing on driving skill or physics understanding.

Let's get this straight - you said the R8 was fine and people who were moaning couldn't drive, when I said that we can drive and the R8 has some extreme weight transfer you denied. You asked if I had ever driven an MR IRL, and if I had, i'd agree with you. When I bring that to light, you deny it, and call me arrogant. And lastly, never bring age into it. It has no bearing on driving skill or physics understanding.

Jesus lol it's almost comical how ignorant (not arrogant) you are! Here's my first post in this thread

That video was posted quite recently. When PD modeled the R8 Racecar it had serious handling issues that Audi didn't work out until last race season, hence the poor handling in GT. The car needs to be updated to match the current R8.

That's not claiming it's fine, I gave a potential reason why it drives like it does. There you go putting words in my mouth again.

Here's the definition of ignorance for you, since you obviously don't understand the meaning:

ig·no·rance
ˈignərəns/
noun
  1. 1.
    lack of knowledge or information.

You're dragging quotes out that have nothing to do with my post, trying to make me look like the bad guy. That is true ignorance. I honestly think it's comical how you keep denying things that i've just quoted.

And yes, it's getting out of hand now, if you want we can continue the discussion in a PM or on my profile page.

You're dragging quotes out that have nothing to do with my post, trying to make me look like the bad guy. That is true ignorance. I honestly think it's comical how you keep denying things that i've just quoted.

And yes, it's getting out of hand now, if you want we can continue the discussion in a PM or on my profile page.

:lol:

@LVracerGT , do you have any article or video links about the R8 handling issues during the time that PD was modeling the car? I would like to hear what was said to get a better understanding into data that may be included in the model. If Audi was going through development issues at the time that PD modeled the car, as well as why the new car handles better, then we could figure out how to solve this car's issues using Audi's reasoning...

@LVracerGT I'm serious. I've got nothing wrong with your original statement, just that you keep denying things that you've said, which is a bit annoying.

On topic, i've never actually heard of the R8 LMS stability issues IRL, so it's possible Audi just didn't want anything bad released about their cars.

@LVracerGT , do you have any article or video links about the R8 handling issues during the time that PD was modeling the car? I would like to hear what was said to get a better understanding into data that may be included in the model. If Audi was going through development issues at the time that PD modeled the car, as well as why the new car handles better, then we could figure out how to solve this car's issues using Audi's reasoning...

I can search, but I've already stated that I go the information from my old boss at the Audi dealership I worked for, and I was told the information when we were discussing the 1-2-3 finish from Audi at last years Daytona 24. He regularly visits with Audi, going to Germany a lot and gets inside info a lot of people aren't privy to, along with being invited to performance drive R8's at Laguna Seca last year by Audi. So I trust the information.

It also isn't hard to figure out, look at the R8's finishes at the events when the car was first put on the circuit compared to recently. There's a lot of development that's gone into that car to get it competitive.

@hsv010, I agree that I never heard anything bad about the car's handling, but then again, it is competition and rumors, whether good or bad, can influence perceptions regardless of reality. Besides, the Audi race engineers are smart and do a ton of testing, so obvious handling issues should not be present. Many times handling issues are down to the driver, not the engineering of the car.

@ LVracerGT, I want to see how Audi has evolved the car. Could you get your guy to divulge some info on changes to the car from before? That would be awesome, at least for my knowledge.

@LVracerGT I'm serious. I've got nothing wrong with your original statement, just that you keep denying things that you've said, which is a bit annoying.

On topic, i've never actually heard of the R8 LMS stability issues IRL, so it's possible Audi just didn't want anything bad released about their cars.

I'm not denying anything I said. You keep taking what I say and twisting it into something I didn't, and I've proven that multiple times just today.

To be fair, Audi are releasing R8 upgrade packages every year, so I think there is still a lot of performance to extract.

I'm not denying anything I said. You keep taking what I say and twisting it into something I didn't, and I've proven that multiple times just today.
It's the 'twisting' that i'm not doing. I'm just saying exactly what you said by quoting you word for word.

tumblr_mlzawaoWdX1rcy99do1_500.gif

LVracerGT and hsv010 you've both contributed a lot to this thread and to GTPLANET IN general - don't let this argument divide you! It's cool that you are both dedicated to getting to the bottom of this and maybe you are both right in some way or another and both credible to the rest of us members!
Now get back to work and don't cone back without results ;)

It's the 'twisting' that i'm not doing. I'm just saying exactly what you said by quoting you word for word.

Again, ignorance. You are twisting what I've said into things I have not. And quite frankly I'm done arguing with someone who keeps denying the're doing something they clearly are.

Again, ignorance. You are twisting what I've said into things I have not. And quite frankly I'm done arguing with someone who keeps denying the're doing something they clearly are.
LVracerGT and hsv010 you've both contributed a lot to this thread and to GTPLANET IN general - don't let this argument divide you! It's cool that you are both dedicated to getting to the bottom of this and maybe you are both right in some way or another and both credible to the rest of us members!
Now get back to work and don't cone back without results ;)

I tried to put an end to it. I'll just ignore anything off topic now.

I guess the hint that RS should be below 2mins means that you guys are doing laps offline? I'm doing mine online. Besides on the thread subject - just drive, moaning isn't going to change anything unless a update changes everything again.

I'm doing offline, yes. I think there's some room for improvement in there, but not that much. And about the 2012/2013, it still managed to be successful IRL, so I wouldn't say it was that unstable. The 2013 looks like it has larger rear tires.

Higher ride height does the opposite of what it theoretically should with this car. It's a weird one to get to grips with.

I know, but it seems to have a reasonably high ride height at its lowest.

Back