Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
I like the idea, and, Simon, you mentioned having a model sit on the bonnet. Ever seen the cover of a car magazine; THERE'S ALWAYS A GIRL ON THE BONNET!
And this has what to do with racing?
You are the most naive person I've ever argued with. They haven't made video games like what I'm suggesting, because of the lack of technology, or nobody has thought of it. Just like my friend Alex said earlier, you have no imagination. You seem like the person who plays video games just for the hell of it. Like the little kids who will join a room on GT5 and just go speeding all over the place and raising hell. If you don't like my idea, that's fine, but trying to throw it in my face and tell me it's a terrible idea, is an extremely rude thing to do. Learn your manners. I'm done with this argument, you are so ignorant and thick headed. Its like trying to argue with a brick wall. Good day, sir.
Perhaps SimonK did come a little bit strong on disagreeing with your idea, but you have also failed to address this issue:
How many years do you think it would take PD to model cars and parts to that level?

I would say SimonK is being realistic, not naive.

I don't see Photomode being about racing. ;)

wellplayed-FRY-3.jpg

Watt2159
I would like to be able to have it snow on street circuits, and on some race tracks, like in Project Gotham 4.

I've seen the Nürburgring covered in snow. It looks like the white hell

Finally completely caught up.

As I already mentioned the list in the OP does not control this thread, everyone is free to request and talk about whatever they want even if it is already in the OP. The OP is just there as a record of the ideas mentioned so far for easy access.

One suggestion though, if you really want your idea to be in the OP make mention of what category you want it under. For example instead of just saying I want this or that mode make your post look like this

GAMEPLAY - GT Life Racing Modes

Car soccer
Pink Slip Racing

That makes it much easier for me to add. Otherwise I may see your idea as falling under something already mentioned and it may not get added to the OP.

Last edited:
Please add this!
what we need for drift is:

*Online drift for points!

*Tandem drifting.

*Same Race Tracks should be changed a bit for drifting, like they do in real drift racing, preparing the track (cones, tires, barriers etc.).

*Get rid of those digital flags in section change, they ruin replays, pictures and they look horrible!

*Drift Rules (include all or some rules from D1 Grand Prix, or/and others)!

*Better support for drift tuning!

Please add this!
what we need for drift is:

*Online drift for points!

*Tandem drifting.

*Same Race Tracks should be changed a bit for drifting, like they do in real drift racing, preparing the track (cones, tires, barriers etc.).

*Get rid of those digital flags in section change, they ruin replays, pictures and they look horrible!

*Drift Rules (include all or some rules from D1 Grand Prix, or/and others)!

*Better support for drift tuning!

That pylon thing... Couldn't agree more.

If there is a free roam option...

How about an approval to drive race-modified cars on normal roads? Either buy one out (VERY, and I mean VERY expensive) or pass a series of very hard tests of some sort.

Also, police. I'm not talking about anything complicated though, make it simple like in the first Test Drive Unlimited.

Same here. I would at least like to be able to park my car, turn off the engine, get out, and sit on my hood. Maybe even be able to walk around. Imagine being able to decorate/customize your car inside and out, and then also be able to go to car meets/shows, and show off your car. You know, park your car, get out, pop the hood open, etc. Then you could chill with friends, chat, rate cars, etc. IMO, that would be absolutely stunning.

Basically what you're asking for is a real time Photo-Mode option where you can walk around and drive/park your car (getting in and out) and watch cars from other players online without having to use the replay.
Think something like that could be done relatively easy (and you can use the ingame text function to communicate).

All the other things like sitting on the hood seem very trivial (basically it would just mean a different avatar pose option) and I wonder if it's indeed worth bothering with, think it could be fun for a few minutes but then I'd probably be the first to suggest a race as I think it'll become boring very soon but to each their own.

Some things which might be considered fun in real life on a car meet/trackday interacting face to face just don't really translate well into a videogame, aside from slightly awkward communication there's the lack of some senses like smell or certain sounds, etc. which would make it a very sterile and dull experience, so other than for taking pictures in a way not currently possible I don't really see the appeal either.

I would like to see the developers actually do what the fans want. Like when they request cars, put them in the game, instead of giving us another Skyline.

Increase how many cars you can send in a day, increase how many cars you can send in a day and. Well, you get the point :lol:

There shouldn't even be a limit anyway. They say they did it because they want people to play the game right, but I didn't buy the game so that they could tell me how to play it.

There shouldn't even be a limit anyway. They say they did it because they want people to play the game right, but I didn't buy the game so that they could tell me how to play it.

I agree to your point.
Why is there one anyway?
9 yr/o's sending one-hundred thousand X1's a day???

analog
Basically what you're asking for is a real time Photo-Mode option where you can walk around and drive/park your car (getting in and out) and watch cars from other players online without having to use the replay.
Think something like that could be done relatively easy (and you can use the ingame text function to communicate).

All the other things like sitting on the hood seem very trivial (basically it would just mean a different avatar pose option) and I wonder if it's indeed worth bothering with, think it could be fun for a few minutes but then I'd probably be the first to suggest a race as I think it'll become boring very soon but to each their own.

Some things which might be considered fun in real life on a car meet/trackday interacting face to face just don't really translate well into a videogame, aside from slightly awkward communication there's the lack of some senses like smell or certain sounds, etc. which would make it a very sterile and dull experience, so other than for taking pictures in a way not currently possible I don't really see the appeal either.

You've made an excellent point. I understand that the whole sitting on the hood thing is a bit strange, I don't even remember why I said it. Probably because I just thought it was kinda creative and it would seem kinda cool every now and then I guess. However, you were right when you said it would get boring after a while, there's no doubt about that. GT is a driving/racing game, and all of us GTP members love to drive. So, even I would spend more time driving, than sitting on my hood. Yes, if I think about it, it was a goofy idea, but I still like the idea of getting out and walking around. (I just like those kind of games)

Except that's how games work and always have? You're constantly dictated by the game mechanics. People abused the gifting system, plain and simple. It was set up by PD for friends to send each other a car or two, not for strangers to use it as a trading system.

SimonK
Except that's how games work and always have? You're constantly dictated by the game mechanics. People abused the gifting system, plain and simple. It was set up by PD for friends to send each other a car or two, not for strangers to use it as a trading system.

This is true.

I know exactly what kind of GT player you are judging by your choice of words. All you want is to RACE RACE RACE RACE RACE RACE RACE RACE with a car that has over 800hp. What fun is that? You are extremely close minded. Who are you to say that very few people would like what I wished for? You have no proof of that. YOU don't speak for everyone else. You could at least be nicer and simply say you disagree.
I would have to agree with the other poster who said this would be an awful idea that most players would not want in the game.

The game should not be about parking nor decorating but about competition and racing in all sorts of cars on all sorts of tracks under all sorts of conditions. Any time spent on such nonsense as sitting on the hood, parking lots, interior decorations is simply time wasted that could have been spent on things that matter to the average player.

How about a 'tailgating section' for online races? Instead of just watching, you get to have your car somewhere out of the way off-track. Only certain tracks of course, as the Nordschleife doesn't have any room. Maybe include a player controllable TV/ big screen for each "watcher"

Why? Why would someone want to watch from the side of the track than the whole thing as we can now? In fact try it yourself now, go in an online race and park your car up in chase cam, see how fun that is.

SimonK
Why? Why would someone want to watch from the side of the track than the whole thing as we can now? In fact try it yourself now, go in an online race and park your car up in chase cam, see how fun that is.

Damn, it appears I'm not your only victim. You've managed to shoot down another persons idea. You're very unkind.

Stop rocket-launching peoples ideas!

Wow, every time someone says something that you don't think is a good idea, you have to post about it like the person who thought of the idea is an idiot. Can you please stop doing this?

Damn, it appears I'm not your only victim. You've managed to shoot down another persons idea. You're very unkind.

Upon reading the last few pages of this thread I can tell, being far over 100% sure, you are an awesome guy :cheers: That idea with car show-like stuff (somewhere 59-61 page) is brilliant.

Simon, tell us what SHOULD be introduced in GT6. If you're killing other people's ideas, you must have better ones.

Gonna have to prepare some popcorn for that.

Upon reading the last few pages of this thread I can tell, being far over 100% sure, you are an awesome guy :cheers: That idea with car show-like stuff (somewhere 59-61 page) is brilliant.

Simon, tell us what SHOULD be introduced in GT6. If you're killing other people's ideas, you must have better ones.

Haha! Thanks man, I appreciate your kind words and support. I like what you said to Simon as well, he is extremely rude. :(:(

Exactly. I'd wish for the free roam to be like this:

With GT5 car selection and physics, and all of the things that you said.

That video is amazing! I love the sound of the gear changes. That is very good free roam that I would enjoy seeing in GT6 :)

I have to say that Simon and a few other posters are much better at being critical of others than offering wisdom of their own. I know it's easier to pop other people's balloons than inflating a few, but gee whiz...

Anyhow, still noodling on my concept. Hoping to have something presentable in a few... somethings. :D

How about a 'tailgating section' for online races? Instead of just watching, you get to have your car somewhere out of the way off-track. Only certain tracks of course, as the Nordschleife doesn't have any room. Maybe include a player controllable TV/ big screen for each "watcher"
tia-crowd.jpg

?

Would probably make sense on ovals and small tracks, but on big tracks like the Nurburgring, you'll get about 3 seconds of seeing the racers before having to wait for 9 minutes for them to come around.

Though I can see much, much better ways of being a spectator, namely by being on foot, where you'll be much more mobile.

Latest Posts

Back