Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
I have to say that Simon and a few other posters are much better at being critical of others than offering wisdom of their own. I know it's easier to pop other people's balloons than inflating a few, but gee whiz...

You're no idea how much I don't care about that :D If he knows so great about evry single idea posted here, why won't we let him have a go at this? Might be fun, y'know.

That video is amazing! I love the sound of the gear changes. That is very good free roam that I would enjoy seeing in GT6 :)

Same here, but on a side note, I would personally HATE free roam if regular traffic laws were enforced on the player, or if there were cops, those should be optional for the player.

Another feature I would love to see, is minor, but I would like to change the color of the car's interior, because I like Aston Martin, but their interiors have some god awful color schemes, and the same goes for the Nissan 350Z, and 370Z.

I really don't see the problem with questioning peoples ideas, i'm perfectly entitled to do so and this is a discussion forum. If ideas and opinions aren't questioned you just end up with lists. I see plenty of people bashed my last criticism yet offered no reason why I was wrong in what I said.

What I meant was I questioned the original suggestion, why he wanted it and plenty of people jumped on me for doing that but didn't offer a reason as to why they disagree with that questioning. Plus the original person did phrase it as a suggestion - "How about a 'tailgating section' for online races?". I simply responded to that by questioning why he wanted it and how it would be enjoyable.

Honestly, some of you guys need a much thicker skin.

You could at least use a less aggressive way of portraying your thoughts if you don't want people questioning your thinking methods.

jtqmopar
How about a 'tailgating section' for online races? Instead of just watching, you get to have your car somewhere out of the way off-track. Only certain tracks of course, as the Nordschleife doesn't have any room. Maybe include a player controllable TV/ big screen for each "watcher"

Turn into a ghost and drive

Semi-Automatic Shift Mode - Cars will upshift and downshift automatically, but the normal shift buttons can be pressed to upshift or downshift sooner... especially downshifting.

This would mainly be available for users on the controller that can't always easily shift their cars, but have an option now to be able to downshift sooner to be more competitive... as GT's automatic can tend to hold gears for awhile.

Snaeper
Semi-Automatic Shift Mode - Cars will upshift and downshift automatically, but the normal shift buttons can be pressed to upshift or downshift sooner... especially downshifting.

This would mainly be available for users on the controller that can't always easily shift their cars, but have an option now to be able to downshift sooner to be more competitive... as GT's automatic can tend to hold gears for awhile.

They should make it so vehicles that were/are only available with automatic transmissions can only be driven in automatic mode. Also, allowing the transmission to shift at lower RPM automatically like it does in real life.

what are you people thinking.
CARS - Functions
  • Ability to adjust seats
  • Ability to change radio stations in car (stations depend on country)
  • Ability to change readout on dash/LCD
  • Ability to control convertible tops or remove T-Top prerace
  • Ability to control windows and sunroofs
  • Ability to turn on/off windshield wiper fluid
  • Ability to use turn signals
  • Cruise control

anyway, some more useful ideas:
adjustable pre race fuel load
auxiliary fuel tank tuning part
ability to change car in pre race screen (like the online system but for single player)

f1_stig
what are you people thinking.

anyway, some more useful ideas:
adjustable pre race fuel load
auxiliary fuel tank tuning part
ability to change car in pre race screen (like the online system but for single player)

Also have the ability to only refuel and not change tires in a race
Have a online drift session (have scores)
Have a better penalty system (ala you hit a person and drive through penalty)
Have brake problems
Have your engine wear down (engine blows up if you over rev, engine overheating)
Ooh and good night peoples. Sophomore year tomorrow :)

We need the good old various cars rims from GT4, were you could get random rims from random cars in the game (Even dragster rims)

alexlam24
No! I actually have some civics that need it.

No. They look awful on any car, especially Civics. And they are definitely not adding downforce to your Civic, seeing how it is front wheel drive.

Last edited:
ZedMan1996
We need the good old various cars rims from GT4, were you could get random rims from random cars in the game (Even dragster rims)

Yes! The "Today's special" selection! Man I love GT4. :)

No. They look awful on any car, especially Civics. And they are defiantly not adding downforce to your Civic, seeing how it is front wheel drive.

Yes, very defiantly. Did you mean that they defy not adding downforce to his Civic? Or definitely? :sly:

Sorry, posting three times takes the gloves off. Don't do it. Hit "edit" or double quote.

MrMelancholy15
Yes, very defiantly. Did you mean that they defy not adding downforce to his Civic? Or definitely? :sly:

Sorry, posting three times takes the gloves off. Don't do it. Hit "edit" or double quote.

Haha, I meant definitely, I fixed it.

I have a high hope of there being a livery editor. I was thinking before GT5 came out "I doubt GT5 will have a livery editor as they have almost completely overhauled the game and that they are new to such powerful technologies"

But with GT6 and that now they have the grips with the tech, I reckon they will be able to have a livery editor (only one some cars, not all cars or otherwise that would be silly)

And that Kaz and his team look at the Forums supporting PD now, They will be making what we have always wanted for sure.

...livery editor...
...what we have always wanted...

But... Forza ruined all of that for us.

We won't be able to get as creative as Forza... was... Well, either that, OR, GT6 will be R-Rated. You don't know how many indecent photos were painted onto the sides of Ferraris, and the roofs of MINI Coopers. :(

With luck, we MIGHT get something more like Racedriver: GRID's livery editor, but, don't expect to be able to paint Forza-type vinyls. I don't think Kazunori's the Bin-Ladin type...

images

Sorry for the use of the memes. I was a Forza player. That quickly ended. Now, I like to make hidden, snide, sarcastic and mean remarks about how BAD Forza is.

Another reason we might not see a livery editor that's as flexible as Forza's is that PD/GT go extra lengths to ensure that the online section of the game is just as clean as the offline. Hence the prolific censoring of words in online chat. It's worth noting that they make the point that online content falls under the E-rating label. Where most games typically say that online is not subject to the rating label.

Snaeper
Another reason we might not see a livery editor that's as flexible as Forza's is that PD/GT go extra lengths to ensure that the online section of the game is just as clean as the offline.
That sounds worryingly like something PD would do. The most "flexible" livery editor I can see in a PD game is one like that in NFSU2.

That sounds worryingly like something PD would do. The most "flexible" livery editor I can see in a PD game is one like that in NFSU2.

There were skulls in that game, you know. :lol: Look at Racedriver: GRID, and THEY have the only E-Rated livery editor.

Seriously, I just want to cover my cars in colours, shapes, (stripes, etc.) and Fidanza logos. :lol: I'll probably put some Gran Turismo stickers about, maybe some Brembo, maybe some TEIN... you know, make them look like race cars with sponsorships.

I reckon we should actually be able to feel the speed ie more car shake and the look of speed because at the moment going at 70 in game looks about equal to 30 in real life.

Back