This game does everything in its power to demotivate me to play it

• Thread starter Alex p.
  • 540 comments
I'd trade photo-realistic car graphics for GT3/4/5 content any day.
I wouldn't. There's a standard to be had and PD have already sunk about as low as you can go. Besides which, they got a lot of negativity for including standard cars in 5/6 and rightfully so since the standard cars were just obnoxious to look at, distracted from the experience, and caused glaring graphical inconsistencies. Whenever I play 5/6 I don't even use standard cars for the principle of it.

I guess all in all I'm more of a quality over quantity kind of guy.

Last edited:
Yeah no, you're the one coming here bitching and whining about someone's opinion. No one forces you to come here and whine about people whining.

And there are more problems than that glitch. That's what demotivates people. People spend their money on this game and guess what? People have the right to voice their opinion if they're not happy with it.
You like the game? It's fine. But coming here and calling others name who are not satisfied with the game just makes you more like a child.
The point is not that people are not happy and complain. Which is fine and I have no issue with. The point is the constant exaggerated repetition of the same points that make this forum uninteresting to read. I come here to learn from other players and exchange experiences. The constant nagging does not help with that.

The point is not that people are not happy and complain. Which is fine and I have no issue with. The point is the constant exaggerated repetition of the same points that make this forum uninteresting to read. I come here to learn from other players and exchange experiences. The constant nagging does not help with that.
The search function is there to help you with that, just like it did when I was like you before.
If I saw threads about people being disappointed, I clear away, I don't go inside the thread and just whine about the complaints or I just use the ignore button to those who constantly exaggerated about this game being the worst even though it's not (but it's on track there apparently).
Complaining about people complaining does not help either.

The point is not that people are not happy and complain. Which is fine and I have no issue with.
Okay, so what are you doing in here then? Why come in here and act like it's an issue if that is the case? There is ZERO reason for those like you to come in here, and complain about people voicing their opinions about a game THEY PAID FOR. I guess the game must be really boring then despite some folks here saying "tHe BeSt Gt GaMe EvEr", even though PD locked them out from playing for over 30 freakin' hours. Yeah alright, best indeed. lol.

The only solution to GT7 is to go VERY! long and wait for it to evolve it seems. As it is right now there are legit concerns, but they will evaporate as PD are beavering away at it. Im happy to play other games in the meantime, whilst Ive been doing it though, I sorely miss GT7's physics... however the AI and general player experience in other titles is so much user friendly. If only you could have Project cars / Grid track rosters with the GT7 game engine.

The game has been out 3 months and people are complaining about not having or being able to get every car. I don’t have much time to play, I’ve not driven every car I’ve collected so far, probably not even half. I don’t understand people who just want to grind on one track in an unrealistic car. Maybe it’s just the way people are tuned now and want everything handed to them on a plate. This game is yours to keep forever, we aren’t getting a new one anytime soon so you have a long time to collect these cars. Enjoy driving the cars you have, on tracks you enjoy and the credits will come eventually.

What's needed is a daily race for the people that grind and spend big credits on the cars like spa, daytona, lemans 60s with the Jag Ferrari Ford, or same tracks that allows the late 70s to early 90s gr1 legend cars, even 1 make races that you can drive the 30s alfa or Mercedes, 50s legend car cup ect.. online racing needs to have these expensive legend cars in there

Then maybe don't open the threads that are clearly going to have content that you know you wont like.
Goodbye :)

The game has been out 3 months and people are complaining about not having or being able to get every car.
No they haven't.

People have complained about the overall pace of unlock and balance with the in-game economy.

It's not about having everything 'right now' for the vast majority, it's about the dearth of curated race events, that PD keep chipping away at the economy making it worse, its about the fact that even grinding away at the highest paying event it would take over 300 hours to unlock just the cars, let alone any upgrade parts (fun fact the original Final Fantasy 7 took less than 80 hours to see everything).

because it still is a racing game anyhow you look at it.
So your definition of a "racing game" is one where you are forced to chase the rabbit, negotiate moving chicanes and an AI that cheats and rams you at every opportunity?

Here's delude me thinking that qualifying and grid/rolling starts was what happened in real life with ethical opponents that give you racing room.

Silly me ;-)

I don’t have much time to play, I’ve not driven every car I’ve collected so far, probably not even half.
Exactly, some of us don't have much time to play. So it would be great if the game respected that and made it realistic for people who don't have the luxury of putting several hours into GT7 a day to accumulate a lot of credits within a reasonable time frame.

Maybe it’s just the way people are tuned now and want everything handed to them on a plate.
This boomer argument doesn't apply here.
This game is yours to keep forever
As long as the servers stay up and we don't have a repeat of update 1.07 that takes the game offline for more than 24 hours.
Enjoy driving the cars you have, on tracks you enjoy and the credits will come eventually.

If only custom race payouts weren't abysmal or at least matched what they were in GT Sport, then this would be a decent rebuttal. As for racing at tracks we enjoy, there's the issue of some courses only having 1-2 events, which is just pathetic. Why does a series staple like Trial Mountain only have a 4WD event and a freaking Gr.B race of all things? Meanwhile, Tokyo Expressway has more events than any other track. It's just baffling and illustrates the lack of structure in GT7's single player. At the very least, there should be a WTC 700 and 800 event with decent payouts at most of the courses. Then we'd have variety in choosing where we want to race at. But PD prefer to drip feed us events and sporadically spread them all over the place.

Last edited:
So your definition of a "racing game" is one where you are forced to chase the rabbit, negotiate moving chicanes and an AI that cheats and rams you at every opportunity?

Here's delude me thinking that qualifying and grid/rolling starts was what happened in real life with ethical opponents that give you racing room.

Silly me ;-)
So what is your definition of GT7? Garbage? Then I would be wondering why you waste your time playing it? ;)

It still is a racing game no matter the dislike against rolling start, no qualification, bad AI (doesnt all of them only apply to the single player part), but I havent seen the AI cheating yet.
WRC is also racing, without qualification and playing chasing the rabbit - in its own way. I dare use lose definitions here because they are fitting.

So what is your definition of GT7? Garbage? Then I would be wondering why you waste your time playing it? ;)

It still is a racing game no matter the dislike against rolling start, no qualification, bad AI (doesnt all of them only apply to the single player part), but I havent seen the AI cheating yet.
WRC is also racing, without qualification and playing chasing the rabbit - in its own way. I dare use lose definitions here because they are fitting.
It kind of is garbage atm. Its sad.
The game doesn't need to be trash - one solid update from PD and it will be a winner - that's why people are annoyed.

PD seem too focused on creating a less fun, more micro-transaction game.

Last edited:
Well, I shall explain Mr. "I came here and this is my first post"

The game has been out 3 months and people are complaining about not having or being able to get every car.
INCORRECT - The game has been out 3 months and people are complaining about the removal of important features that have been in the game for the past five years, and that were a reduction of features that were in the game for a decade before that. In regards to the cars, the payouts are so low as to essentially stop a person from buying any of the most desirable cars in the game, and your cars can't be sold, so you cannot manage the credits to your liking.

Many races require you to spend money, for instance the latest GR1 menu book and BGT menu book, but the payout doesn't cover the investment.

I don’t have much time to play, I’ve not driven every car I’ve collected so far, probably not even half. I don’t understand people who just want to grind on one track in an unrealistic car.
We don't WANT to grind. We NEED to grind in order to get a car or to stash credits for the future need of a car.

Maybe it’s just the way people are tuned now and want everything handed to them on a plate. This game is yours to keep forever,
Nope, as with GT5, then GT6, and soon GTSport, the servers will be shut down and some point. In GTSport, even though I played a ton, I never had the credits to spend on the GT40, or Jag, or GTO. I did get lucky and win a 330SP...That's 5 years of play. In GT7, the payouts are less.

No matter in either case because there was no where to use those cars in GTS, and again nowhere to use the cars in GT7. The promise was there, because it seems like a simple and logical feature, not to mention that there is even an in game sequence that shows all the classics at LeMans, but there isn't actually a classic LeMans in the game, unless you make a custom race, kind of, sort of.
we aren’t getting a new one anytime soon so you have a long time to collect these cars. Enjoy driving the cars you have, on tracks you enjoy and the credits will come eventually.
I see, so we should be happy that we have been promised super cool cars, that we paid good money to play with these super cool cars, but that we have to grind for hours or years to actually get to use those cars, and until then, be happy with whatever car, on a track, by yourself, all alone...

Forgive us for thinking that maybe the game would deliver on the promises.

Oh, and 90% of the single player races are horrible, boring cake walks. The other 10% or more difficult.

Last edited:
Why don't they increase the payouts for (CRB) online races, and then take away a huge chunk for any penalties received?

Wouldn't this satisfy both conditions, one of rewarding clean online racing and two, of punishing dirty drivers and cheats where it hurts the most - in their digital wallets?

"In GT7 I would like for users to enjoy lots of cars and races even without microtransactions."

"I want to make GT7 a game in which you can enjoy a variety of cars in a lot of different ways, and if possible I would like to try to avoid a situation where a player must mechanically keep replaying certain events over and over again."

Kazunori Yamauchi
18/03/2022

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/news/00_3802725.html

I would like to have all cars..
But it would need to reapeat 595 times the 25 minutes Sardegna grind (or Tokyo, or WTC Sarthe Le mans).
not so fun in my opinion.

Is this the plan?

Last edited:
Well, I shall explain Mr. "I came here and this is my first post"

INCORRECT - The game has been out 3 months and people are complaining about the removal of important features that have been in the game for the past five years, and that were a reduction of features that were in the game for a decade before that. In regards to the cars, the payouts are so low as to essentially stop a person from buying any of the most desirable cars in the game, and your cars can't be sold, so you cannot manage the credits to your liking.

Many races require you to spend money, for instance the latest GR1 menu book and BGT menu book, but the payout doesn't cover the investment.

We don't WANT to grind. We NEED to grind in order to get a car or to stash credits for the future need of a car.

Nope, as with GT5, then GT6, and soon GTSport, the servers will be shut down and some point. In GTSport, even though I played a ton, I never had the credits to spend on the GT40, or Jag, or GTO. I did get lucky and win a 330SP...That's 5 years of play. In GT7, the payouts are less.

No matter in either case because there was no where to use those cars in GTS, and again nowhere to use the cars in GT7. The promise was there, because it seems like a simple and logical feature, not to mention that there is even an in game sequence that shows all the classics at LeMans, but there isn't actually a classic LeMans in the game, unless you make a custom race, kind of, sort of.

I see, so we should be happy that we have been promised super cool cars, that we paid good money to play with these super cool cars, but that we have to grind for hours or years to actually get to use those cars, and until then, be happy with whatever car, on a track, by yourself, all alone...

Forgive us for thinking that maybe the game would deliver on the promises.

Oh, and 90% of the single player races are horrible, boring cake walks. The other 10% or more difficult.
Being a former creator at EA/DICE you should know about games that aren’t finished or up to scratch anyway. 😁

"In GT7 I would like for users to enjoy lots of cars and races even without microtransactions."

"I want to make GT7 a game in which you can enjoy a variety of cars in a lot of different ways, and if possible I would like to try to avoid a situation where a player must mechanically keep replaying certain events over and over again."

Kazunori Yamauchi
18/03/2022

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/news/00_3802725.html

I would like to have all cars..
But it would need to reapeat 595 times the 25 minutes Sardegna grind (or Tokyo, or WTC Sarthe Le mans).
not so fun in my opinion.

Is this the plan?
The plan is simply to monetize people. Treat us like we're nothing more than walking and breathing money bags. If this wasn't the case, then events would pay out better as well there being a bigger selection to choose from. But, well, Kaz can honestly spew all the trash he wants, but actions speak louder than words do. And so far I've yet to see him make any real strides to adhering to his words.

Honestly that statement makes me even wonder if Kaz even plays GT7. Ideally he should since it's his own game, but alas there are a lot of people in the gaming industry that aren't even gamers, and to those people I'd say they are in the wrong industry. Conveniently that is what Kazunori forgets - He isn't some big-time macho car collector with deep roots in the car industry, he's a video game developer.

Last edited:
Being a former creator at EA/DICE you should know about games that aren’t finished or up to scratch anyway. 😁
Why do you think this game upsets me?

For a team of, supposedly, 300 people, and five years of development, they have delivered a handful of new cars.

They haven't delivered a revolution in rendering, or physics, or AI, or anything that is extremely time consuming or manpower intensive.

If you take the cars out of the equation, there is maybe six months of work in this game... Maybe. It's a reskin of GTS with some refreshed features. It's barely an expansion pack.

Then they charge full price and hit us with MTX on top of that?

Edit 2 - With just the 12 Hagerty's cars for which potential new prices cannot be estimated, the increase is just under 8.4 million Cr.
and people said we were unpaid beta testers. my f40 is now worth $100 USD more than when i bought it, lmao. the extra difference wouldn't even be so bad if there were more than 4 options!

I wouldn't. There's a standard to be had and PD have already sunk about as low as you can go. Besides which, they got a lot of negativity for including standard cars in 5/6 and rightfully so since the standard cars were just obnoxious to look at, distracted from the experience, and caused glaring graphical inconsistencies. Whenever I play 5/6 I don't even use standard cars for the principle of it.

Never bothered me in the slightest. Most of my favorite cars in those games were standards, but then I don't do the picture mode stuff, make liveries, or just sit around and stare at the cars to look for low-fi distortion. Gameplay/performance is about 100x more important than graphics in my book, but we've all got our preferences.

Is there actually quality here though? I mean GT7 as a whole, not just the cars. That doesn't seem to be what motivated PD; the motivation behind the game seems rushed and to do everything as cheaply as possible by picking up paid sponsors that give PD money (Hagerty) while avoiding licenses PD has to pay (no IRL racing categories, maybe the highest fantasy car:real car ratio we've yet seen, a decade of lost cars, shameful lack of new circuits etc). I agree with the phrase myself, or at least I used to. We're a decade away from the last real GT game so I'll take quantity over quality at this point, as the inverse hasn't yielded a decent game since quality/quantity was allegedly adopted by PD. They used to have zero problems delivering on both but then they started doing detailed interiors, now look at the series...

Look guys, I apologise for a couple of my earlier posts in this thread. The substance is still representative of my stance; I disagreed with the Tomohawk glitch and the practice of farming but I put it across in a manner that wasn't really called for - you paid for your game to play it as you please, especially since there isnt an actual benefit to it (like a P2W edge) - that's your right and prerogative.

I guess the counter-arguments I was reading, justifying the legitimacy of the glitch, didn't make sense to me and prompted me to respond in the way I did.

My bad for that. Still disagree with the grind and am glad that it got patched but that was mainly because I like the fact that it is a tricky challenge for the class/level of car it was presumably designed for.

Many complain about basic AI which I agree with, so I appreciate the races that (while still ultimately basic in their AI albeit seemingly "cheaty") present a challenge of which there aren't actually that many really.

Hope we're good here - and if we ain't, that's cool but I wanted to post a less flammable post clarifying my stance!

Last edited:
I feel like I am back at the game's launch where people were shouting 'YOU JUST WANT EVERYTHING HANDED TO YOU ON A SILVER PLATTER!' when people were rightfully pointing out how utterly lacking the game was in terms of worthwhile content outside the walled garden that is the Menus, and that (correct) criticism of the in game economy (which it feels like the game is trending back towards) is treated as somehow dishonest complaints.

I feel like I am back at the game's launch where people were shouting 'YOU JUST WANT EVERYTHING HANDED TO YOU ON A SILVER PLATTER!' when people were rightfully pointing out how utterly lacking the game was in terms of worthwhile content outside the walled garden that is the Menus, and that (correct) criticism of the in game economy (which it feels like the game is trending back towards) is treated as somehow dishonest complaints.
Why are people complaining that they want everything in one week? two weeks? three weeks? one month? two months? three months?

How long can people keep going with this same nonsense? Will we be a year in and still have people asking why everyone wants all the cars handed to them after a year?

But this is an apples and oranges comparison. The difference between PS1/PS2 cars and the PS3 cars was stark.

PS 3 cars are up to par with the PS4/PS5 cars with differences that are slight, and most of it is texture mapping (if that). For instance, the Nissan 92CP has these tiny little scratches that can only be seen when it's rotating in your garage. Yes, it's a gorgeous little detail, but if it weren't there, I would not be bothered by it.

I would literally bet my life that the Audi R8 in the game is the exact same model that was made for Prologue back in 2008. Same goes for the 69 Z/28. I know the Dino has some minor changes to it compared to Gt6, but still, 90% of it is the same. To me, it looks like any car that was in Gt Prologue/GT5/GT6 is 90% (or more) carried over to Gt7.

Why are people complaining that they want everything in one week? two weeks? three weeks? one month? two months? three months?

How long can people keep going with this same nonsense? Will we be a year in and still have people asking why everyone wants all the cars handed to them after a year?
But that's not the complaint. The complaint is the amount of tedium required.

Take me as an example. I DESPISE the single player. If I have to play any of it, it's a grind. Why? Because I have no illusion that it is anything other than a manufactured experience, and a poorly done one at that. So, what's my other option? Sport Mode.

In my most recent Sport Mode race, I earned about 20,000 credits. The McLaren F1 is 20,000,000 credits (near as makes no difference). 20,000,000/20,000 = 1000. I have to have 1000 Sport Mode races where I earn at least 20000 credits in order to afford that one car. Let that sink in. I have to have 1000 races, and spend NO CREDITS ON ANYTHING ELSE just to get that one car.

In GT Sport, I managed 700 Sport Mode races.

The math says that I will never earn enough for that one car unless I grind single player. This is a game. A game is supposed to be entertaining. Making me grind is not entertaining.

So, it isn't that I want the cars handed to me, but I want them to be attainable. That's a completely reasonable complaint. It is, in fact, what this franchise is based upon.

Last edited:
Yes, it's a gorgeous little detail, but if it weren't there, I would not be bothered by it.
Details no one can see still cost performance that could be used on visuals that you see on every frame, like missing shadows or missing tail lights at a certian distance. Interestingly the head lights are still visible at the same distance.

Back