This series has been put on hold

Vote for qualifying and race length

• Total voters
Jahgee1124
Jahgee1124 / Jahgee1124 / Yes / Green & Yellow

And to the OP you go :)

The blue and green/yellow teams needs to decide on their names or I'll find one when time is :)

Green Yellow = Lotus
White Red Green = Castrol
Red = Ferrari
Purple = Simtek
Red White = Alfa Romeo
Yellow Black = ATS
Grey = Mercades-Benz

Why does the series have to have a handicapping feature? I think all drivers should run all assists off (aside from abs). Or we find out who the front runners are during a pre-season and hand out whatever handicap we agree to? I have a funny feeling immortalpilot is going to run away with it, but maybe his talents die down with less downforce. Here's to wishful thinking.

I also protest not including Spa in the season. To not include that track for these cars is so wrong. I get your whole DLC protest, but you're in the minority. I frankly think that a game like GT5 is very cheap entertainment, and while paying more later does suck its not that bad. I have purchased only the Spa and Montegi course packs.

Last edited:
toolo4sno
Why does the series have to have a handicapping feature? I think all drivers should run all assists off (aside from abs). Or we find out who the front runners are during a pre-season and hand out whatever handicap we agree to? I have a funny feeling immortalpilot is going to run away with it, but maybe his talents die down with less downforce. Here's to wishful thinking.

I agree on every level. I think it's only fair to have an even playing field with no assists & ABS on 1. And I also see Pilot running away with this, he's just such a talented driver on every level, I don't see a bit of downforce making a difference. But we won't know until we start the season I suppose!

toolo4sno
I also protest not including Spa in the season. To not include that track for these cars is so wrong. I get your whole DLC protest, but your in the minority.
+1 👍 :cheers:

toolo4sno
I frankly think that a game like GT5 is very cheap entertainment, and while paying more later does suck its not that bad. I have purchased only the Spa and Montegi course packs.

Is the Montegi pack with it in your opinion? Sorry to be a bit off topic, but I'm a little hesitant to get it. I haven't heard bad things about it, but nothing good either.

Is the Montegi pack with it in your opinion? Sorry to be a bit off topic, but I'm a little hesitant to get it. I haven't heard bad things about it, but nothing good either.

I've barely run at Montegi yet. I better get cracking before its race weekend for the F10s. I think it works as a Formula car track. A little sanitized for its owned good, but it is what it is.

Let me add that I think all actual/past F1 tracks should be included in every season with other tracks being sprinkled in/out from season to season. But I'm just another guy with an opinion and ultimately just want to race this car against the best FGT drivers no helpers. Although my guess is it's going to be chaotic. That FGT car is nuts. Going wheel to wheel is tough in the F10. FGT will be worse in traffic. I'll like the nice big mirrors though.

@Xstylez, where is that problem?
@IMMORTAL, sorry but the blue team is filled :)

And about the discussion about whether or whether not Spa should be in the championship, I see your points everybody, and I might be the minority in this opinion, but as long as some people (me included) is not buying the DLC it's an uneven ground. I said somebody else can arrange a race on Spa, or Motegi for that sake, but it won't count for points.

^^ how about these races being full length? 44 laps at spa? As close to fia rules as possible? Including the knock out qualifying system, as only 16 cars can be on the track we would only need to run part 2, 10th to 16ththen part 3 1st to 10th, or if numbers are decent run 2 qualifying rooms, the top 16 get to the proper #ualifying stage? Just ideas lol

joetruckv8
If this GMT time converts to 11am PST ans you guys run this on a Friday count me in Rally!
JoetruckV8/JoeTruckV8/Silver/WMA Member

Sorry but it has been changed back to Saturday realizing the time difference would make it hard for most to race on Friday (why can't we all live on one continent :lol: ) :)

Also as a side note, as a W.M.A founding member, I reserve the right to a ban on any running of an indy 500, it will be run entirely by me and no one else, it will be a 1 off full length event, I don't want to be rude in saying this but it will be my baby, everything will be as close to the real thing as possible, and its going to take about 2 months of research to do it right, please respect this,

TDZdave
Also as a side note, as a W.M.A founding member, I reserve the right to a ban on any running of an indy 500 ... I don't want to be rude in saying this but it will be my baby ... its going to take about 2 months of research to do it right, please respect this,

Starting from the top:

I hope you mean events sanctioned by W.M.A. :scared: please don't kill the Trial Mountain 100 miles that I will announce after Grand Valley :lol:

Part 2 is all good for me, but don't forget prizes that makes people want to race :)

Part 3 seems pretty similar to my methods, it takes time to make things good right :lol:

I don't want to step on toes but this is going to be authentic as possible,

I'm not going to limit sign ups, everyone will get the opportunity to sign up and with proven credentials will get to race,
It will be 200 laps long,
It will have the 3 wide starting procedure, so people will have to listen carefully to instructions,
It will have a safety car,
It will be as authentic as I can make it GT permitting lol,

I'm currently doing the research on the math behind the qualifying, also trying to work out the easiest way to do the 3 wide starting procedure, as GT will allow 200 laps maximum, its all these little factors that are going to be the headache, but I will make it happen,

Skidmarx and XMAN are on the same line in the driver's list.

And if we do end up having no aids at all, I gotta get to practicing.

Jahgee1124
If we have no aids, then I am not racing

Don't be that guy 👎

The FGT is a beast that's difficult to control, yes, but like any car in the game, if you practice enough with it using no assists you'll get a good feel for it after a while

OK, OP has had a makeover. Making a long story short I've changed the points to the FIA points and (for the last time) adjusted the AID rule. Anyone who's fine with the AID change type "Good" or simply "👍". Anyone against, "Veto" or "👎" :)

Back