This series has been put on hold

Vote for qualifying and race length

• Total voters
toolo4sno
We have to race at Spa for points in the FGTs.

Believe me, I do want to race on Spa and possibly Twin Ring too, but as right now I don't have and am not seriously considering buying the DLC. Drivers can arrange a non-championship race on the tracks, but I'm not killing this series in a way other series do: by requiring DLC

Agreed bud, but I'm a little down on the fact we aren't racing at indy, but we could do a full length indy 500 as a stand alone event

TDZdave
Agreed bud, but I'm a little down on the fact we aren't racing at indy, but we could do a full length indy 500 as a stand alone event

Indy 500 is more than possible. They did so IRL back in the days. The thing is I tried to make the calendar look like that of the real F1

Yeah that's cool but its not the ferrari's lol if it were I would understand but we are using the almost champ car or if you prefer super league gp car, I do think that indy instead of high speed ring would generate more interest but I would love to do a stand alone full length event,

OK, a thought or two have crossed my mind overnight. As some of the Races will be on the weather change tracks, the no-AID rule can become a problem for most. So, I've come up with 2 solutions:

1: Success ballast for dominant winners

2: An alternate grid system where the championship leader start behind and vice versa.

That would depend on how serious this is meant to be, I don't like winning by racing with people who have heavy ballast, takes away a true victory, the grid penalty isn't really fair either, perhaps another solution?

That would depend on how serious this is meant to be, I don't like winning by racing with people who have heavy ballast, takes away a true victory, the grid penalty isn't really fair either, perhaps another solution?

Well, I personally like to run reversed grids, in two race series (Races 1 & 2 make up a round,) where, if someone spins, and finishes last, they start Race 2 in first.

I tried success ballast. It's a pain, rally. Drivers will argue about it, and most drivers are against it. Everyone here wants to win on a fair playing field.

IRL they use Success Ballast to even out cars, so what about when the top 8 in the last race put on weight, the bottom 8 lose weight ... that is IMO the best way to even out Drivers and not the cars ...

I won't even attempt to join up, because I simply suck in these cars ... :lol:

Um I'm for the reverse grids, but if say the person in 2nd spins, and finshes down the back it still unbalances the field for race 2, but works great when it comes together, I did a reverse grid race in a clean nascar room with 16 people over 25 laps, people got upset because I won again, but I had so much fun carving up the field at IMS racing with the top 4 cars all the way,

I'm the same niz, sometimes I'm hopeless in these and other times nail it, but that's why I love these cars, as for the ferrari F1 I love it, I can't do no wrong in the thing, I did heaps of races with the F1 championship guys, I did a 57 second lap at laguna seca in qually once,

Obvious Aussie bragging :lol:

You've driven Formula cars in real life! :lol:

I've done nothing of the sort. My experience: karting (125cc 4 stroke) and Hyundai Accent autocrossing. Of course you did a 57 second lap @ Laguna Seca once... You've done so much more racing. :lol:

I mean, you know that I'm going to tease you, but, really, I get like 1:08s in these cars at Laguna Seca, with <500 hp, so I reckon that's a good lap.

1.08s in a FGT at 500hp, that's really good actually,
The easy part for me is that all cars on GT you can't develope every corner of the car individually, therefore relative to an F3 car as the suspension setup with the spring is that what one tire does the other will do the same,

1.08s in a FGT at 500hp, that's really good actually,
The easy part for me is that all cars on GT you can't develope every corner of the car individually, therefore relative to an F3 car as the suspension setup with the spring is that what one tire does the other will do the same,

:lol: The one thing that's REALLY missing from GT5, and you've found it. The NASCAR guys would understand that tuning the car left/right is sometimes as important as tuning front/rear. :lol:

In any car actually lol, if we were able to do so I could tune any car to the front row for my driving. Style, get good tire wear and fantastic rotation for any car,

I drive without Aids maybe also ABS off.
But ballast for a FGT is terrible.
Its better when the winner start the next race from the bac.

Are the applications still open?

If they are then here goes -

SKIDMARX / LJG29 / Not a W.M.A. Member / Undecided

Last edited:
Here's an idea, why don't we force the previous race winner to qualify on the harder option tire, therefore they get the opportunity to reduce the penalty themselves, thus giving us a true result at the end of the race as a good driver should be able to muscle out a top 6 spot,

What about car's limitations? It is just not cool to drive a 900+ HP beast :crazy:
even worse, in road courses someone can easily spin out with that much power

What if we make the previous race winner qualify on the harder option tires, then they can minimize the damage of the penalty themselves and still gives a true racing result

TDZdave
What if we make the previous race winner qualify on the harder option tires, then they can minimize the damage of the penalty themselves and still gives a true racing result

I'll be looking at it, for sure 👍

Lol if this is the FGT thread then its in the right area if its DTM then no lol

Back