This series has been put on hold

Vote for qualifying and race length

• Total voters
Friday at 19 gmt it is :)

So, you're not in? Darn.

Since I've been playing this game for over a year now, I noticed when you have a family or just lots of people around weekend days are just difficult to pull off because people want to do things and they want you to go with them lol. So I've been looking for the light night fight club type of stuff if you know what I mean? Also I've been a lot of touring car, but what sucks about that is you still need to put in as much practice time as you would for a 200km race to be competitive, and your only doing 10-12 laps so their much fun but 🤬

Afrodeezy, rally might not have seen that.

Joe, darn, bud. I wanted to be in front of you again; I'm the pace/safety car driver for the series. I'd be in front of you, from time to time. :lol:

Just a note Dave, there is already a series that runs an Indy 500, not a WMA series though.

Just a note Dave, there is already a series that runs an Indy 500, not a WMA series though.

This is correct. Dave will likely try to make it slightly different, or more realistic. W.M.A. doesn't want to copy you guys. And, if it's too similar, we'll try to schedule it, while your (?) Indy 500 isn't running.

This is correct. Dave will likely try to make it slightly different, or more realistic. W.M.A. doesn't want to copy you guys. And, if it's too similar, we'll try to schedule it, while your (?) Indy 500 isn't running.

Not mine but I know who runs it, just making sure your aware of it. 👍

Certainly, we plan on making the race different from the other. Ours will be different, somehow. We'll also be running with W.M.A. rules etc., and W.M.A. drivers. We respect your series, and want to respect its legitimacy and its presence.

I would think that there would already be someone somewhere on here with an indy 500, but mine will be as authentic as possible, yet very different, if I get more the 15 people sign up everyone will get the chance to qualify during speed weeks,

The reason I am banning this being sancioned by W.M.A is we seem to be getting new members signing up and 5 minutes later creating a series/ event with no thought process what so ever, its stuff like that which will sink this ship, like that talon series, who give that the green light? It hasn't even been tested yet its official with the ffiats, itcc and FGT,

My point is a major time consuming event like an indy 500 needs a professional approach otherwise it will fail, and word will get around that would couldn't organize a p!@s up in a brewery, thus giving all series a bad name under the W.M.A banner,

Don't be that guy 👎

The FGT is a beast that's difficult to control, yes, but like any car in the game, if you practice enough with it using no assists you'll get a good feel for it after a while

I find this car easier to run without aids then most other cars in the game, but I would like to see ABS at maximum 1 point just keeps the racing close

Jahgee, first of all I have no problem with you or the talon series, I have checked out the series and all looks great,

My only issue is that your a new member and within an hour of becoming your already sanctioning a series,

the problem I have is that it wasn't clear "to me anyway" that any form of testing with other people was undertaken, and in place of that there is no pre season races to weed out any problems that may take place, its like I said in my previous post,

I as well as numerous others involved with W.M.A have invested to much time into the system to have it flop half way through seasons and make us all look like a bunch of pelicans, its still early days so we are walking on egg shells until we get a reputation like "pure" but for ourselves, which if we were bad mouthed by someone would make them look like the goose not us,

My point is, you can't promise that its going to get heaps of interest, but as an AWD series its a good entry level series for us to use when we get more people then series and the tier system comes in officially you will get your full fields because people will be forced to run it to get their accreditations to run higher up,

Please don't take offense from this as we are all on the razors edge when it comes to first seasons for any series, its more the pressure is tripled for all of us as its sanctioned by us, and if you have any issues we are all here to help as making sure things are successful is our first priority,

The point of mine is that it isn't a series, it is a spot race that doesn't need months of planning. So that if the series itself doesn't work out like I had hoped I won't have wasted lots of time on it. I have tested it more than appears to the eye. Also, I got the sanction from the W.M.A. before joining, as I was going to run it independently but realized that every series these days needs a partner or else it won't get off the ground, that is where you guys came in. I asked for help and you guys accepted my spot race into your stable.

Oh... That part I had missed, sorry, I'm glad we can be of service as this is one of the key reasons we developed w.m.a,

I guess the good thing for this event is that you won't have to have w.m.a members to fill your field hence will give us advertising to potentially new w.m.a members,

I wanted to ask about a distance regulation you have.

3.1 The races are all 100km + 1 lap

I know this car is hard to control for much longer, but can we consider increasing the race distance to around 150km? If my math is right that puts a Suzuka race at around 25 laps. Its at around 17 now with 100km.

I wanted to ask about a distance regulation you have.

3.1 The races are all 100km + 1 lap

I know this car is hard to control for much longer, but can we consider increasing the race distance to around 150km? If my math is right that puts a Suzuka race at around 25 laps. Its at around 17 now with 100km.

Seeing how much the poll has changed since last it's definitely an option, it's a good compromise :)

Hey, I won't be able to compete here, my mom sold my GT5 copy for accident in a yard sale, sorry

No need to tell people, I will no longer host this series, mainly due to the complications there have been deciding things, but also because another of the series I run has both more physical and personal interest. I'd rather "be known" for the best real rally championship than just another FGT championship. However I've left open the option for other W.M.A. hosts to continue where I left :)

Back