Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 29,542 comments
After a late night session after the football I put in about 20 laps at RBR in my M3 wearing fluro Clavin Klein. Most of my laps were in the red (in one session 9 of 10 were red!). But I've climbed just into gold with 2.80% and I'm not getting any quicker.

View attachment 1371235

Tomorrow I'll focus on that awful RB X2019 at Atlanta and see if I can climb out of bronze!!
Sadly, last night's mission was a fail. While I managed to improve my time at Road Atlanta from a 1:05XX down to a 1:02XX, I still failed at improving into silver territory and had to settle for my 5th bronze. I'm just not good at Road Atlanta OR with high downforce cars!

Then waking up to see the new TT is the SF23 at Fuji...

Jerry Seinfeld GIF

Here was the last time we went there in a Super Formula car:

EDIT: By the way, if anyone wants motivation for improvement, look at @Gomario JSP and @Dan_Tes placings for that TT...

Last edited:
Well I'll just have to limit it everyday or cut it in half. 10 hours is much better than 20. Well I'm gonna work on some more of the Big Willow TT and get ready for bed shortly. I think some well deserved rest will help clear my mind of any negativity. Plus I listen to at least 3-4 hours of soothing music too to help me relax.

Take care everyone and happy lapping! I'll be setting the clock for 5-6am and be looking out for the new TT's. I'll have to start being careful what I post here so I'm not getting offtopic and stirring up trouble, that's not what my purpose here was for, and on Earth in general. I was meant to socialize and create a big social network and have fun with the TT's and game.

Allright, good night!

Chris
Hi Chris,
as many have already written the time you spend on the playstation is not good for your health, whether it's GT7 or whatever.
And also thinking that it is "easy" to replicate what the top people do is not good for your health. It's not simple at all, and people like you and me have to accept the fact that by applying yourself you will see improvement, but the ceiling is too high to reach by now.

Give yourself the different goal you are writing about for this week, limiting your daily PlayS hours and devoting the time that frees up to any activity of your liking* that doesn't require electronic/computer support.
I'm sure that when you will report you reduced-play-time and achieved result many of us will applaud for your accomplishment

*please keep it legal and safe, as I always tell my daughters when I tell them "do whatever you like" 😜

Well I'm not a fan of Fuji, nor of modern F1 cars...so yeah. I did a few trial runs on the controller after my morning Sardegna grind and didn't even crack bronze. I should have one last session tomorrow night with the wheel rig to try and at least claim silver before I head off to the wilderness for most of the next week.

Happy to see my gold at RBR held up against the last-second super hero. I do feel for the hundreds (thousands?) who got knocked down or even out of a medal so a guy can get his bragging rights.

Last edited:
I don't understand why PD brings out an old TT for us. They really have no imagination !!!! There are so many other possible combinations with cars that are super fun to drive. Why put cars like Super Formula or Red Bull !!!! Personally I don't have fun with these cars. If I read my TT correctly with the Super Formula (TT27 at Autopolis in 2023), I only obtained the silver medal. I'm really not comfortable with these fast cars. I'm going to focus on the Willow TT to improve my ranking (177th as of today 2:26 p.m.) to try to beat my record of 178th and why not enter the top 100. And then I'll see later if I really try this new TT at Fuji with this Super Formula

Good drive and enjoy my friends :cheers::cheers:

I don't understand why PD brings out an old TT for us. They really have no imagination !!!! There are so many other possible combinations with cars that are super fun to drive. Why put cars like Super Formula or Red Bull !!!! Personally I don't have fun with these cars. If I read my TT correctly with the Super Formula (TT27 at Autopolis in 2023), I only obtained the silver medal. I'm really not comfortable with these fast cars. I'm going to focus on the Willow TT to improve my ranking (177th as of today 2:26 p.m.) to try to beat my record of 178th and why not enter the top 100. And then I'll see later if I really try this new TT at Fuji with this Super Formula

Good drive and enjoy my friends :cheers::cheers:

Yes + yes = yesyes

Here comes another alien-favorite combination.
Since Japanese aliens are raising the bar, I suspect the gold time will be between 1:31.3 and 1:30.8.
Which TT are we talking about?

Mate which part of the circuit gave you the most trouble in order to get a clean lap?
Let's say that I have the least love for last two turns. 😁

Here's the guide for those interested! Really fun combo this, so I'm definitely jumping back on at some point to get that 1:19!

Thanks for another great video as always.
I wonder what are your settings for controller for Fuji TT and do you change them from TT to TT, example are they same for Merc on Willow Springs?
I am wondering one more thing and I don't know if you want to test or not, but if you do I personally would appreciate it a lot, can you test Fuji TT on gyro on controller , no need for video guide, just to hear your opinion? Thanks in advance 😊

Back