Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,530 comments
You are fully allowed to express your opinion, but when you say you feel "insulted" the people trying to help you may see that as a dig at them. If you really do play as much as you say you do, which is a LOT, maybe it's best to do like TumeK5 suggests and take a break from it for a little while, or limit your play time for each day. I can only ever really play 2-3 hrs before fatigue gets the best of me and I start performing worse, so I go and do other things.

This may also be a chance to look into the aspects of the way your specific spectrum expression effects the way you learn and apply yourself. There may be a way to approach GT7 that is a little different than you're doing now, or different from the way we're trying to assist you. I'm not saying this to be rude in any way, but with the amount of assistance that you've received here along with the amount of time you play the game, there should be some tangible results that just aren't coming yet.

The last thing you need is to feel discouraged, upset, or down about playing this game. If it isn't fun then there really is no point in playing in that moment. You also shouldn't fall into the trap of comparing yourself to some other drivers here, because some of the fastest players in the world are in here! This famous quote from Theodore Roosevelt is a helpful one: "Comparison is the thief of joy".

In the end, we're all still here for you, and we hope that you enjoy yourself as much as possible.
we have already told him hundreds of times and even on a private discussion thread that he opened with certain people. I'm really starting to get tired of always reading the same messages from him. Either he stops, or I'm going to start being really unpleasant or mean. Stop, @Chris30 that’s enough, day after day I read the same posts all the time. Please stop for yourself and the community. Psychologists aren't here.
I've been on this forum for 9 years and this is the first time I've been rude but frankly it's too much.

we have already told him hundreds of times and even on a private discussion thread that he opened with certain people. I'm really starting to get tired of always reading the same messages from him. Either he stops, or I'm going to start being really unpleasant or mean. Stop, @Chris30 that’s enough, day after day I read the same posts all the time. Please stop for yourself and the community. Psychologists aren't here.
I've been on this forum for 9 years and this is the first time I've been rude but frankly it's too much.
What, but I said I admire you guys and your driving skills, I'm sorry for all this. Yeah, it is beginning to be too much for me too. Let's all just stop and forget about all this. Truce? Well I am getting some therapy this week so I can be calm and not start trouble with others. Honestly I'm gonna have to curb my posting here too because I'll say the wrong things and it gets other people upset. Don't worry you weren't rude just harsh, but some of my family say I do need to step up and curb the Playstation time.

I was talking about Pesselles saying that I was asking for help because I wanted attention. But I don't want to argue and debate about this anymore, really. It's wasting my time.

Last edited:
What, but I said I admire you guys and your driving skills, I'm sorry for all this. Yeah, it is beginning to be too much for me too. Let's all just stop and forget about all this. Truce? Well I am getting some therapy this week so I can be calm and not start trouble with others. Honestly I'm gonna have to curb my posting here too because I'll say the wrong things and it gets other people upset. Don't worry you weren't rude just harsh, but some of my family say I do need to step up and curb the Playstation time.
Good luck that's all I have to say. I'm tired of always seeing the same messages.

Good luck that's all I have to say. I'm tired of always seeing the same messages.
Ok, well fair enough. I do need help mentally and physically though. I'm tired of wasting my breath. Just pray that I find something that can occupy me and make me happy. gt7 is controlling my life and attitude and not in a good way.

Last edited:
I went online on Sunday for a little while with the intention of golding both of these TTs but that didn't happen.

I wasn't feeling the TT mood again, so I did the weekly challenges instead.

I do like the LFA on sports hards so thought I'd give the TT a go to see what sports soft are like.... and I hated every minute of it.

Think I did 5 laps with my garage car which felt odd so jumped in a rental and just scraped silver so thought I'd leave it at that.

But then... The missus was working an hour later than me tonight so on went the PS4 because I just knew that I had to give it another go.

I did start to click with it today and managed a gold, not sure if it will stick but we'll see, times at the top are unbelievably quick on this one.

I did have to have CSA on strong and ASM just to keep the corner exits controlled on this one, I also found that ABS on default shortened my braking distance substantially in this car.

But I did find that one issue I have come across before became very noticeable in this TT, I tried it with TC1,which was useless and went back to 0 😅, but when it was on TC1 my braking distance seemed to get longer, I have noticed this before with other cars which is really strange 🤔.

I haven't put a time down on the Fuji TT, might try before work in the morning just to get any trophy and a bit more cash ready for the new update car purchases.

1000010527.jpg
1000010528.jpg

Last edited:
I went online on Sunday for a little while with the intention of golding both of these TTs but that didn't happen.

I wasn't feeling the TT mood again, so I did the weekly challenges instead.

I do like the LFA on sports hards so thought I'd give the TT a go to see what sports soft are like.... and I hated every minute of it.

Think I did 5 laps with my garage car which felt odd so jumped in a rental and just scraped silver so thought I'd leave it at that.

But then... The missus was working an hour later than me tonight so on went the PS4 because I just knew that I had to give it another go.

I did start to click with it today and managed a gold, not sure if it will stick but we'll see, times at the top are unbelievably quick on this one.

I haven't put a time down on the Fuji TT, might try before work in the morning just to get any trophy and a bit more cash ready for the new update car purchases.

View attachment 1374832View attachment 1374833
Great job man!! You made it in the gold zone. That'll be a great time in half_sourly's statistics. Well I'm gonna work on some more of the LFA challenge and then I'm going to eat dinner. My goal is to get a sub 1'48.000 time.

sardegna-10 laps-4.jpg

At last a tiny improvement, after 42 laps since my first best lap...

Lap time, optimal and medium improved a bit.

That TT is really frustrating for me because contrarily to most TT, there are barely any improvements with the amount of laps.

Most of the time, I do a short test, with bad laps, then a more serious stint were I gain a good bit, and next stints see diminishing returns but most of the time some improvement here and there.

Not here. Medium lap time on 10 laps floats around 1:50.XXX plus or minus 0.1s since the first 10 lap stint :mad:

45 laps in.

@Lomic great time, I'm at 1'49.619. Good luck with trying to earn that gold! Keep pushing.

Jeje, please don't be mean. I'm under enough stress. We need to be time trialing and not arguing.

I'm sure @DolphDrago can agree with me on this.

I think I need to go now.

Last edited:
@Fury well if you do the new Sardegna TT, watch out for the Lexus LFA. The handling of the car is tricky. So you'll have to brake early if you want to get a good line and exit from each corner.

Good luck my man.

I'm not posting on here for several days. I'm avoiding 3 people here, I'm pissed right now.

I guess I upset Jeje by complaining so much here.

Well I'm gone, goodbye friends. Now yes it's my fault for asking for so much help here. I should have watched the Youtube guides. I'm not gonna beat myself up.

Maybe I should follow @ScottPuss20 's advice and limit my time on the PlayStation.

Chris

Last edited:
@Fury well if you do the new Sardegna TT, watch out for the Lexus LFA. The handling of the car is tricky. So you'll have to brake early if you want to get a good line and exit from each corner.

Good luck my man.

I'm not posting on here for several days. I'm avoiding 3 people here, I'm pissed right now.

I guess I upset Jeje by complaining so much here.

Well I'm gone, goodbye friends.

Chris
I got silver with the Lexus, I have more problems with the F1 in Fuji.:grumpy:

Maybe I should follow @ScottPuss20 's advice and limit my time on the PlayStation.
I am quite sure that this could be a first step Chris. Less time, but well spent could speed up your improvement. It's all a matter of focus.

Another step could be to reduce the frequency of your posts at gtp. On "a good day" you place about 30 posts. Each of them takes your time and your energy whereas at least a part of the information is redundant.

Both could help you to be more focused on your sim-racing techniques (and some life beyond the rig)

Regards and all the best

P. S.
It's not my business to give you advice (so please feel free to ignore)...

Never have been a fan of the sound of the LFA and didn't understand just what enamored folks so highly of it. Can't say it drives very well but, after watching the replay of my pitiful 12 laps with it, with the sound pumping through my Bose 8.2s and their 2 10" subs, in Dolby D surround, I can say it's one of the few cars that put some rumply in my tumbly, when coming on throttle from the lower RPM range. Then it sounds like a pack of angry mutant bees trying to peel your face off as you hit redline. It do be growing on me, at least in the sound department. Difficult to find the balance twixt seeing the wall (understeer) you hit and hearing (oversteer) the wall. Did a bit of each during my stint and apparently the bees decided to let me get in a half decent silver lap so I'd stop smacking them with the beeswatter.

One trial that I cannot stand and 1 that I wish went for more than 1 week. :ouch:

Put a final time down at Fuji over the weekend of 1:20.649 which places me 247th currently. I really hate driving Fuji, and I'm not a huge fan of the Super Formula either so this was a nightmare of a trial. The amount of time I lose to the #1 time in the final sector is downright embarrassing, probably 8 tenths lost just in that 1 sector. The session was really inconsistent, I was struggling to put down any 2 laps within 4 tenths of each other, and the track limits was a nightmare on top of that. The Super Formula is extremely torquey, but using 4th gear on corner exit is only viable if you're able to carry enough speed through the corner, so its either use 3rd and get wheel spin and snap oversteer or use 4th and get a sluggish exit. Not putting in another session at this nightmare.

[...]

View attachment 1374687
I’m with you, man. Fuji has always been one hell of an achilles’ heel for me and keeps on being one, can never get into that final sector. It really does kill the track in my view. Losing about four tenths just in S3 on a friends’ 19.7 I was comparing sectors against. Uff!

Another negative point to be mentioned (surely also mentioned already but whatever), this time trial was pretty much a carbon copy of TT#2 (that being SF19 isn’t different enough). We were also already in the SF23 at Autopolis last year at some point. It’s pretty popular in the daily races when Super Formula shows up, throw it into that mix instead of a another drab Gr.4 fest. To have SF23 again as a TT car and even this borderline replica combo really sucked. There are sooo many cars and potential combinations you could come up with, surely this shouldn’t be happening. Come on, let’s kick it up a notch in creativity and quality.

Well, all that complaining aside I eventually got my time down to something I could be satisfied with, something respectable for the beautiful Takuma Sato livery!

20970983556371065.jpg

190dc74c7f384-screenshotUrl.png

Well, this was certainly unexpected. Attempt #2 at Sardenga today after work and put in a sub 1:46 in 35 miles. It wasn't the cleanest of laps, so it could have been even faster. But I'll take it considering how little time I've had and will get with the car before the TT ends. Most importantly, I managed to squeeze in front of @Gomario JSP and @Evilmuffin. :mischievous:
IMG_3393.jpg

Last edited:
Well, this was certainly unexpected. Attempt #2 at Sardenga today after work and put in a sub 1:46 in 35 miles. It wasn't the cleanest of laps, so it could have been even faster. But I'll take it considering how little time I've had and will get with the car before the TT ends. Most importantly, I managed to squeeze in front of @Gomario JSP and @Evilmuffin. :mischievous:
View attachment 1374860

Absolutely awesome!

I haven't touch this since Sunday, and I think I might have another 2/10s to my 1:46.4s. However, I'm pretty happy with my time since it was totally me....didn't chase any fast ghost at all.

Absolutely awesome!

I haven't touch this since Sunday, and I think I might have another 2/10s to my 1:46.4s. However, I'm pretty happy with my time since it was totally me....didn't chase any fast ghost at all.
2 tenths is definitely possible with you. I ran a 1:46.6 yesterday before watching any guides. While I managed a 46.2 in one of my earlier laps tonight, it felt like the 45.9 came out of nowhere. Now I'm debating on whether to give it one more run tomorrow to make an attempt at the top 100 or to go back to what is sure to be a frustrating session at Fuji to try to get under 1:21. All I would need is half a tenth there, but I loathe the track. Plus the insane downforce means I need pinpoint accuracy to nail a full lap. Something I'm rarely able to do. The slidey cars are much more to my liking.

BTW, I don't chase ghosts. I find them distracting.

Finally got a sub 46 time at Sardegna in what will be my final session. 1:45.980 puts me 154th so unfortunately I couldn't sneak into the top 100 either. Optimum was a 45.7XX so there's at least 2 tenths in the lap which I think will be through the chicane at the end of S2 and generally having less wheel spin on corner exits as the rest of the lap was pretty clean. Was struggling with braking points a bit into T1 and the second last corner (as it wasn't quite at the marker board), maybe something which I would've figured out with some more time. Unfortunately, I won't have time to try one more session before Thursday so this will have to be my final time.

Also I've attempted to upload a video of the lap, so hopefully this works and is viewable (otherwise you'll just have to imagine the lap :sly:)

I’m with you, man. Fuji has always been one hell of an achilles’ heel for me and keeps on being one, can never get into that final sector. It really does kill the track in my view. Losing about four tenths just in S3 on a friends’ 19.7 I was comparing sectors against. Uff!
I suspect people who are good at S3 Fuji secretly like being tortured, I don't see any other explanation of how you could be fast through there /s

Yesterday was again in the mood to give it a shot. Improved my time to 1:48:032 which was just a tenth after 30 laps or so. My Ultimate lap was however some 1:47:5xx which would've been good enough for Gold. Will try again today it's a hard but fun challenge I think mainly because of the track.

Yaaay! Got through the 1:50 barrier at Sardegna today. Chuffed. Still nearly half a second off silver and will do what I can for the last day.
Given up with the open wheeler, bronze is, I think, fairly safe.

EDIT - changed my picture to something that fits better..... 🤣

Last edited:
Finally got a sub 46 time at Sardegna in what will be my final session. 1:45.980 puts me 154th so unfortunately I couldn't sneak into the top 100 either. Optimum was a 45.7XX so there's at least 2 tenths in the lap which I think will be through the chicane at the end of S2 and generally having less wheel spin on corner exits as the rest of the lap was pretty clean. Was struggling with braking points a bit into T1 and the second last corner (as it wasn't quite at the marker board), maybe something which I would've figured out with some more time. Unfortunately, I won't have time to try one more session before Thursday so this will have to be my final time.

Also I've attempted to upload a video of the lap, so hopefully this works and is viewable (otherwise you'll just have to imagine the lap :sly:)

I suspect people who are good at S3 Fuji secretly like being tortured, I don't see any other explanation of how you could be fast through there /s

Impressive time. Anything sub 46 feels alien from my PoV :)

A question to the experts & those users who're much better than myself when it comes to setting a competitive time:

Which is the single most hard corner/turn to nail lap after lap?

Edit: I was referring to the Sardegna TT.

Last edited:
So last night I managed to get my target: get my SF23 time into silver! Dropped my previous PB from 1:24.0XX down to 1:23.2XX after a session of approx. 12 laps where roughly half were in the red. I had an optimal of 1:22.8XX, so I wasn't miles off, but I find it really difficult to be consistent with this car and this circuit, so I'll take the silver and run! Tonight's mission is to improve my LFA time and hopefully get that thing into gold territory (although I believe there's been more movement with that time than the SF time so maybe that's a hard ask!).

Back