Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,917 comments
Gold in the Alfa held for me, very happy about that, I think it's my third..... whoo hoo! šŸ¤£
The new TT in the VGT is not actually that bad - car drives well (although I do get some very odd feedback through the wheel) and the track is interesting. Safe bronze so far. Have a great weekend all of you!

It's so amusing how Tidgney chooses those catchy titles to his time trial videos, he makes it look so easy but when you actually have to figure it out on your own then that's a different story. It's amazing how many subscribers he has already gained, that tells you how skilled and professional he is, he's identified as a alien too.

Storm Area 51 GIF by MOODMAN

Time for the alien dance!

@seadog777 have a safe relaxing weekend mate, I earned gold too in the Alfa, that was the easiest one we've had in a long time. My final time was 1'15.823. Two seconds away from Doodle's time.

Last edited:
he makes it look so easy
Yes, that's the thing, he is a very skilled and experienced racer. The best in the world always makes the hardest things seem easy. That's why they're the best in the world.

I've stopped paying attention to brake and acceleration markers from Tidge's videos as they never seem to work for me (particularly being in VR) but what I do gleam from them, and what has been very informative, is what to look out for for potential markers that I might not have considered before and nuances to the way certain cars behave, such a short shifting, coasting and so on.

I absolutely 100% hate the first sharp right turn at the Sprint, I finally got a 1'36.597 time after 20 laps, it took me a while to perfect every turn, corner and hairpin while looking out for the rods and track barriers. Touching the green areas will automatically void your lap so caution should be taken. Plus timing that last chicane before turning right to the finish determines how well your lap time will be. Using the ghosts would be a good choice for knowing where, how and when to starting braking and pressing on the throttle. That is the main key here for Nurburgring. You need a mountain of patience to tackle this time challenge.

Last edited:
Gold in the Alfa held for me, very happy about that, I think it's my third..... whoo hoo! šŸ¤£
The new TT in the VGT is not actually that bad - car drives well (although I do get some very odd feedback through the wheel) and the track is interesting. Safe bronze so far. Have a great weekend all of you!
After two attempts in the VGT, I'm still on the outside looking in. Plenty of time to be found. I got loose in the turn before the bridge invalidating my lap. Long track to take too many chances. I hate red laps.

Today's mission was to tackle a little bit with a bag of bricks. First time on abs weak and braking was a little bit more up to my suit if I can say so. May not be a safe gold, but I got my win here, managed into gold in what was for me a very hard time trial. Still I think at least 0.2s are there in store for me, but if I want to get back for some more time.. I'll think about it on wednesday afternoon
1000020654.jpg
1000020655.jpg

Also did some recon laps at st.+ one lap valid close to silver. The car is not that bad. Can get snappy but my problem here will be to learn the track rather than the car.
1000020652.jpg
1000020653.jpg

I absolutely 100% hate the first sharp right turn at the Sprint, I finally got a 1'36.597 time after 20 laps, it took me a while to perfect every turn, corner and hairpin while looking out for the rods and track barriers. Touching the green areas will automatically void your lap so caution should be taken. Plus timing that last chicane before turning right to the finish determines how well your lap time will be. Using the ghosts would be a good choice for knowing where, how and when to starting braking and pressing on the throttle. That is the main key here for Nurburgring. You need a mountain of patience to tackle this time

T1 isn't all that bad IF you have a good brakingpoint, which happen to be one of the easiest to spot in all tracks, tarmac colors šŸ˜
Hit it spot on and brake the first meters in the higher gear, then in 2nd trailbrake into T1 thats key to rotate it close to the bollard

Latest Posts

Back