Toyota 2000GTs --> Ferrari 250 GTO

• Thread starter Amblo2u
  • 102 comments
United States
Austin, TX
Amblo2u
NONE REMAINING - '64 Ferrari 250 GTO Replica's still available!
Stake your claim and send your donor 2000GT as this build is about to conclude as we move onto the next project!

I'm looking for (10) '67 Toyota 2000GT's. If you have them, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, in need of italian paints: Rosso Corsa and Grigio Silverstone. I'm pretty stoked to be the only one on here offering this replica, and am excited to build ten of them for ten lucky gtplanet members!

Thank you for your help, you will be thanked in a post-giveaway email for your contributions and involvement.

1.) Amblo2u [x] Completed
2.) Outeke (Send Replica back to Ouwtje) [x] Received [x] Building [x] Completed
3.) rizlaman56 [x] Received [x] Building [x] Completed
4.) Dlyte (send Replica back to d_lyte_ver1) [x] Received [x] Building [x] Completed
5.) zakyta_4 (Send Replica back to zakyta_Replica) [x] Received [x] Building [x] Completed
6.) OPT1MUMG4M3R (by way of rizlaman56's extra car contribution) [x] Received [x] Building [x] Completed
7.) Robabza2 [x] Received [x] Building [x] Completed
8.) SkyHawkie [x] Received [x] Building [x] Completed
9.) Dooglers8 [x] Received [x] Building [x] Completed
10.) LOST OPPORTUNITY; SHOP WINDOW CLOSED

Only ten of these near perfectly performing and similarly resembling replicas will ever be made. Ever. So post your interest, with your donor car and paints as soon as is convenient. You won't want to miss out on the online competition & classics meet.

Delivery Schedule is as follows:

Amblo2u - 9/x/12 [x] Delivered @ 00:00 PM CST
Ouwtje - 9/26/12 - 0/0/0 [x] Delivered @ 19:53 PM CST
rizlaman56 - 9/27/12 [x] Delivered @ 20:52 PM CST
d_ltye_ver1 - 9/28/12 [x] Delivered @ 20:32 PM CST
zakyta_4 - 9/29/12 [x] Delivered @ 23:55 PM CST
Robabza2 - 9/30/12 [x] Delivered @ 23:55 PM CST
SkyHawkie - 10/3/12 [x] Delivered @ 00:26 AM CST
Dooglers - 10/3/12 [x] Delivered @ 19:08 PM CST
OPT1MUMG4M3R - 10/4/12 [x] Delivered @ 19:07 PM CST

CircuitodeMadrid.jpg

Last edited:
Are these cars this rare or undesirable? They're so beautiful, I wouldn't know why not!

A few more details about my replicas:
Donor: '67 Toyota 2000GT
Car Paint: Rosso Corsa
Rim Paint: Grigio Silverstone
Modifications: Matching Power, 1/4 Mile, 0-60, 0-100, Gear Ratios, Weight, Suspension Characteristics, Height, Handling, etc.

Super slick and fun as hell to drive. Definitely get's people's attention online as you cruise by. Since they're seen so rarily online, you'll hear people say over their mic's 'Was that a Ferrari?' 'Dude, a 250 GTO.'

Anyone interested in helping by donating 2000GT's to the cause? I'll be creating a competition on the boards, as well as an online room for the 10 winners; a Classic Ferrari-Replica Cruise on Cote'd Azur for pictures and Toscano Tarmac to have some fun on the open road.

I can offer you a car, if you return it as a replica when your finished 👍
I can donate one right now if your able to send a FR....

I'm not at home right now, but if you send me a FR I'll add you as soon as I'm home from work. I'll build your car and send it back to you tomorrow. 1-day turn around. :) Would you happen to have 10 of each paint laying around these days? :)

yeah my reset is in a few hours, not online that long....and I need to sent now.

More luck next time (tomorrow) :)

EDIT: FR send from the "sending" account, replica needs to go to Ouwtje

Rizlaman56, you've got it! I'll send the FR tonight! You guys are going to dig just having this replica in your garage. It's SO much fun and looks SO good!

FR's have been sent with reminders. I'm looking forward to hearing what you both think of these cars.

I dont have 1 to donate but would like the replica..

Let me know

Thanks 👍

Hi mate, I'd like to put my name down for one of these:)

I'll send a FR over next time I jump online, it'll be a couple of days before I can send the car over but once you've accepted FR I can fill you up on paints until then:D

OPT1MUMG4M3R
I dont have 1 to donate but would like the replica..

Let me know

Thanks 👍

Im trying to acquire the ten I need, but everyones getting interested. So unfortunately unless unless someone donates one for you, or you find one somewhere, it may be hard. Do some asking around, but I have a commitment to everyone to build only ten replicas so I can't build extras. I hope someone donates a couple as I would like to do a contest for those who didn't get one directly.

zakyta_4
Hi mate, I'd like to put my name down for one of these:)

I'll send a FR over next time I jump online, it'll be a couple of days before I can send the car over but once you've accepted FR I can fill you up on paints until then:D

I'll send you a FR here in a few and update the list. I appreciate the paint, if you have ten of each that'd be awesome. Otherwise, you've got yourself a spot! :-)

I have a 2000gt I could donate. Please send me a fr and state the 2000gt needs to be donated. My psn is d_lytle_ver1.

I have a 2000gt I could donate. Please send me a fr and state the 2000gt needs to be donated. My psn is d_lytle_ver1.

Are you donating to see the car come back to you as a replica, or are you donating to simply benefit the cause and help OPT1MUMG4M3R since he has no 2000GT to send?

I just want to clarify.:)

DLYTE, I have a pending FR with you already so I sent you another message with a reminder for the 2000GT and paint.

Amblo2u
DLYTE, I have a pending FR with you already so I sent you another message with a reminder for the 2000GT and paint.

That's perfect! I end up forgetting who gets what and what day. I really should build a calendar app to integrate trading lol.

I should be getting another ps3 for a week or so, So I should be able to send a couple

That's perfect! I end up forgetting who gets what and what day. I really should build a calendar app to integrate trading lol.

I should be getting another ps3 for a week or so, So I should be able to send a couple

A 'couple'? 2000GT's? Or Paints? LOL. 2000GT's would be awesome! Locating them is a bit of an ordeal.

Amblo2u
A 'couple'? 2000GT's? Or Paints? LOL. 2000GT's would be awesome! Locating them is a bit of an ordeal.

Yeah the cars. Not sure about the paints I'll check. I do have all matte's lol not like that helps.

Haha, I'll take matte's if you have them. LOL. The 2000GT's take priority, but I'm thinking of doing a few limited editions of another car after this one and those will absolutely need matte colors.

Hi mate, just sent 2 Rosso Corsa and 3 Grigio Silverstone, will send some more after reset:tup:

Also sent a FR from zakyta_Replica, that's where I'd like the car delivered once i've sent it over to you to do your work to buddy:D

Also sent a FR from zakyta_Replica, that's where I'd like the car delivered once i've sent it over to you to do your work to buddy:D

We all want a copy, I'm sending my 2000GT today to him :)

We all want a copy, I'm sending my 2000GT today to him :)

We do mate, all us replica hunters are straight onto these new threads that open up:lol:

You'll be able to let me know how it goes & looks, got a few days before I can send mine across:D

Amblo2u
Haha, I'll take matte's if you have them. LOL. The 2000GT's take priority, but I'm thinking of doing a few limited editions of another car after this one and those will absolutely need matte colors.

Def. just let me know which ones

Ok mate I sent the car & 3 Rosso & 2 grigio paints a few hours ago also I will send you 3 grigio & 2 Rosso plus another car tomorrow so you can send to the racer who needs help ok Bro.

Def. just let me know which ones

To reduce confusion in this thread, I'll keep this offer in my back pocket and once these cars are completed, I'll hit you up for those matte's after I dial in the next project. Thanks a ton and I'm looking forward to working with you!

Hi mate, just sent 2 Rosso Corsa and 3 Grigio Silverstone, will send some more after reset:tup:

You've got it! I've updated the OP to show the status of each build and will check the game late tonight to update. It may take me more than a day to turn these around, but I will get them out as soon as I can. Thank you for the spare paints too as they'll definitely come in handy!

Back