TVR-RM World Championship. ( IN NEED OF NEW DRIVERS)

  • Thread starter Thread starter STEG-13
  • 852 comments
  • 39,237 views
Same here...I've got to say that the book has completely changed my concept of braking into a corner....Its defienetely worth the £20

Could well be worth a punt then :)

Your right Jonzster Fuji was Toffe's call, he should decide what layout :)

I will give you guys a shout if I hit a roadblock with the track guides ;)
 
Has anyone been practising?
What track?
What times?
 
Not really Kk, no solid times to post :)

Made a new track for the practice race.

Only did two laps to make sure it's good enough, I really really like it :D
 
STEG-13
Not really Kk, no solid times to post :)

Made a new track for the practice race.

Only did two laps to make sure it's good enough, I really really like it :D

I just need something to tell me if Im going in the right direction...
 
I just need something to tell me if Im going in the right direction...
I will be on in a sec for a few laps - Trial Mountain, join in if you want 👍
 
We are going to work your replays into the site much better this time Jonzster and sort out all the profile rubbish from last year :lol:

Toffe, we will have race reports and race results on the site this season 👍

Sounds great Steg 👍

Thanks Steg, I'm not to bothered either TBH. I've always raced on the F track, not much difference but I suppose GT version would make a change. Toffe the track was your idea what do you think bud?

Personally I usually use the GT version when racing or doing occasional time attacks, however I think the F version (with the extra chicane) will create a better race when racing in the manner we will do in the TVR championship.
 
I think the chicane version will be better, and steg the whole point of a created track is that no one gets an advantage :P
 
If we race on the F version just be aware that the corner will have to be taken at 20mph which in my opinion is not racing...👍
 
Ok, F version it is lads :)

How can you say that Kk, lots of tracks have very slow corners :lol:

R35, there is no way I could make a track and not do a lap or two to make sure it is suited to TVR racing :)

My two laps sucked if that makes you feel better, the huge downhill bend killed me :)
 
STEG-13
Ok, F version it is lads :)

How can you say that Kk, lots of tracks have very slow corners :lol:

:lol: That corner sucks the must..Its worse than the chicane in monaco...:D
 
Most corners are worse than the chicane at Monaco.

Most tracks are worse than Monaco.

We can't have 12 races there though, as much as I would love to :D:lol:
 
Chicanes in general are just, fun. Bring's the pack back together too.

Anyhow, really stoked for this to start now. Got a perfect set-up for my Tuscan, like driving on rails.
 
STEG-13
Most corners are worse than the chicane at Monaco.

Most tracks are worse than Monaco.

We can't have 12 races there though, as much as I would love to :D:lol:

:lol: true...I meant to say the hairpin in monaco..not "chicane"
 
:lol: true...I meant to say the hairpin in monaco..not "chicane"

Dude blasphemy!!, no corner at Monaco is bad, every inch of the track is perfect :D

I will need to DQ you if you keep knocking the track of the gods in my presence :lol:
 
Chicanes in general are just, fun. Bring's the pack back together too.

Anyhow, really stoked for this to start now. Got a perfect set-up for my Tuscan, like driving on rails.

Your one step ahead of me then mate, I'm still tweeking the car to get rid of that hint of under-steer when on the hard compound.

Seems like it's a perfect set-up on the mediums but when I go on to the hards to practice for qualifying, the car under-steers 👎

Can't wait for kick off though, Next Wednesday the lounge will open at 8:30pm ;)
 
STEG-13
Dude blasphemy!!, no corner at Monaco is bad, every inch of the track is perfect :D

I will need to DQ you if you keep knocking the track of the gods in my presence :lol:

:P

Are the two tyres Medium/Soft or Medium/Hard
 
Your one step ahead of me then mate, I'm still tweeking the car to get rid of that hint of under-steer when on the hard compound.

Seems like it's a perfect set-up on the mediums but when I go on to the hards to practice for qualifying, the car under-steers 👎

Can't wait for kick off though, Next Wednesday the lounge will open at 8:30pm ;)

Well if you're sliding around everywhere on Wednesday, I can throw my set-up your way if you want. :lol:
 
Cheers Josh, might need to take you up on that :lol:

Kk, the two compounds are Hard/Medium.

Everyone qualifies and starts on the harder compound, then you can change to medium whenever you want, if you want :)
 
Your one step ahead of me then mate, I'm still tweeking the car to get rid of that hint of under-steer when on the hard compound.

Seems like it's a perfect set-up on the mediums but when I go on to the hards to practice for qualifying, the car under-steers 👎

Can't wait for kick off though, Next Wednesday the lounge will open at 8:30pm ;)

I'm getting the same with my set-up at the moment. Last night my times on the hard compound were 1:23XX and medium 1:21XX this was @ Trial mountain with tyre/fuel depletion. The cars not yet fully broken in.

It's a blast to drive on that circuit, can't wait for it to start either 👍
 
jonzster
I'm getting the same with my set-up at the moment. Last night my times on the hard compound were 1:23XX and medium 1:21XX this was @ Trial mountain with tyre/fuel depletion. The cars not yet fully broken in.

It's a blast to drive on that circuit, can't wait for it to start either 👍

daaaang.....Im doing 1:23's on mediums
 
I'm getting the same with my set-up at the moment. Last night my times on the hard compound were 1:23XX and medium 1:21XX this was @ Trial mountain with tyre/fuel depletion. The cars not yet fully broken in.

It's a blast to drive on that circuit, can't wait for it to start either 👍

You think Trial Mountain is a blast :)

Wait until you see the GT Racing Circuit :D:lol:
 
Don't worry mate just happen to nail that lap, mostly 22's. Hard mostly 1:24's. Need to do some more tweaking to the set-up. Lovin the circuit in this car though.
 
Anyone wanna have a little prac. later tonight? Other series im in, race starts at 9ish. Normally finished by 11+ish.

Anyway, if anyone does, just hit us up with a FR.
 
If I'm free Josh I will shoot you a message at 11ish ;)
 
Anyone wanna have a little prac. later tonight? Other series im in, race starts at 9ish. Normally finished by 11+ish.

Anyway, if anyone does, just hit us up with a FR.

might send a FR ,could do with some set-up time .
 
How has practice been going lads?

I'm still suffering from under-steer on the hard tyre 👎

When on mediums however the car feels perfect.

Looks like this year will be a short stint on the primes for me then straight onto the options for most of the race :)
 
Did a quick prac. earlier. Managed low 23s on hards within about 4 laps. Haven't tried meds yet.
 
Did a quick prac. earlier. Managed low 23s on hards within about 4 laps. Haven't tried meds yet.

I'm guessing you were at Trial Mountain mate?

How was your car dealing with the first tight right hander, that is where my under-steer really is an issue.
 
Yeah forgot to state. :lol:

Seems fine, only thing I have to worry about is the little grass patches in-between he tarmac and the walls.
 
Back