TVR-RM World Championship. ( IN NEED OF NEW DRIVERS)

• Thread starter STEG-13
  • 852 comments
Same here...I've got to say that the book has completely changed my concept of braking into a corner....Its defienetely worth the £20

Could well be worth a punt then :)

Your right Jonzster Fuji was Toffe's call, he should decide what layout :)

I will give you guys a shout if I hit a roadblock with the track guides ;)

Not really Kk, no solid times to post :)

Made a new track for the practice race.

Only did two laps to make sure it's good enough, I really really like it :D

STEG-13
Not really Kk, no solid times to post :)

Made a new track for the practice race.

Only did two laps to make sure it's good enough, I really really like it :D

I just need something to tell me if Im going in the right direction...

We are going to work your replays into the site much better this time Jonzster and sort out all the profile rubbish from last year :lol:

Toffe, we will have race reports and race results on the site this season 👍

Sounds great Steg 👍

Thanks Steg, I'm not to bothered either TBH. I've always raced on the F track, not much difference but I suppose GT version would make a change. Toffe the track was your idea what do you think bud?

Personally I usually use the GT version when racing or doing occasional time attacks, however I think the F version (with the extra chicane) will create a better race when racing in the manner we will do in the TVR championship.

I think the chicane version will be better, and steg the whole point of a created track is that no one gets an advantage :P

If we race on the F version just be aware that the corner will have to be taken at 20mph which in my opinion is not racing...👍

Ok, F version it is lads :)

How can you say that Kk, lots of tracks have very slow corners :lol:

R35, there is no way I could make a track and not do a lap or two to make sure it is suited to TVR racing :)

My two laps sucked if that makes you feel better, the huge downhill bend killed me :)

STEG-13
Ok, F version it is lads :)

How can you say that Kk, lots of tracks have very slow corners :lol:

:lol: That corner sucks the must..Its worse than the chicane in monaco...:D

Most corners are worse than the chicane at Monaco.

Most tracks are worse than Monaco.

We can't have 12 races there though, as much as I would love to :D:lol:

Chicanes in general are just, fun. Bring's the pack back together too.

Anyhow, really stoked for this to start now. Got a perfect set-up for my Tuscan, like driving on rails.

STEG-13
Most corners are worse than the chicane at Monaco.

Most tracks are worse than Monaco.

We can't have 12 races there though, as much as I would love to :D:lol:

:lol: true...I meant to say the hairpin in monaco..not "chicane"

:lol: true...I meant to say the hairpin in monaco..not "chicane"

Dude blasphemy!!, no corner at Monaco is bad, every inch of the track is perfect :D

I will need to DQ you if you keep knocking the track of the gods in my presence :lol:

Chicanes in general are just, fun. Bring's the pack back together too.

Anyhow, really stoked for this to start now. Got a perfect set-up for my Tuscan, like driving on rails.

Your one step ahead of me then mate, I'm still tweeking the car to get rid of that hint of under-steer when on the hard compound.

Seems like it's a perfect set-up on the mediums but when I go on to the hards to practice for qualifying, the car under-steers 👎

Can't wait for kick off though, Next Wednesday the lounge will open at 8:30pm ;)

STEG-13
Dude blasphemy!!, no corner at Monaco is bad, every inch of the track is perfect :D

I will need to DQ you if you keep knocking the track of the gods in my presence :lol:

:P

Are the two tyres Medium/Soft or Medium/Hard

Your one step ahead of me then mate, I'm still tweeking the car to get rid of that hint of under-steer when on the hard compound.

Seems like it's a perfect set-up on the mediums but when I go on to the hards to practice for qualifying, the car under-steers 👎

Can't wait for kick off though, Next Wednesday the lounge will open at 8:30pm ;)

Well if you're sliding around everywhere on Wednesday, I can throw my set-up your way if you want. :lol:

Cheers Josh, might need to take you up on that :lol:

Kk, the two compounds are Hard/Medium.

Everyone qualifies and starts on the harder compound, then you can change to medium whenever you want, if you want :)

I'm getting the same with my set-up at the moment. Last night my times on the hard compound were 1:23XX and medium 1:21XX this was @ Trial mountain with tyre/fuel depletion. The cars not yet fully broken in.

It's a blast to drive on that circuit, can't wait for it to start either 👍

jonzster
I'm getting the same with my set-up at the moment. Last night my times on the hard compound were 1:23XX and medium 1:21XX this was @ Trial mountain with tyre/fuel depletion. The cars not yet fully broken in.

daaaang.....Im doing 1:23's on mediums

You think Trial Mountain is a blast :)

Wait until you see the GT Racing Circuit :D:lol:

Don't worry mate just happen to nail that lap, mostly 22's. Hard mostly 1:24's. Need to do some more tweaking to the set-up. Lovin the circuit in this car though.

Anyone wanna have a little prac. later tonight? Other series im in, race starts at 9ish. Normally finished by 11+ish.

Anyway, if anyone does, just hit us up with a FR.

Anyone wanna have a little prac. later tonight? Other series im in, race starts at 9ish. Normally finished by 11+ish.

Anyway, if anyone does, just hit us up with a FR.

might send a FR ,could do with some set-up time .

How has practice been going lads?

I'm still suffering from under-steer on the hard tyre 👎

When on mediums however the car feels perfect.

Looks like this year will be a short stint on the primes for me then straight onto the options for most of the race :)

Did a quick prac. earlier. Managed low 23s on hards within about 4 laps. Haven't tried meds yet.

Did a quick prac. earlier. Managed low 23s on hards within about 4 laps. Haven't tried meds yet.

I'm guessing you were at Trial Mountain mate?

How was your car dealing with the first tight right hander, that is where my under-steer really is an issue.

Yeah forgot to state. :lol:

Seems fine, only thing I have to worry about is the little grass patches in-between he tarmac and the walls.

Back