TVR-RM World Championship. ( IN NEED OF NEW DRIVERS)

• Thread starter STEG-13
  • 852 comments
Good to have you back Carts :)
I will add you and MrLayVon to the list.

Teams are working a bit different this season. We will have a pre-season race with all drivers.
The top half finishers will be tier 1, bottom half tier 2. Teams will then be made of a tier 1 + 2 driver.

If you and MrLayVon finish in opposite halves of the table then you can be paired together, If not both your teams will be made at random.

This is the best way, I think, to keep the teams similarly matched.

I can't see Matte pink being an issue mate, I will note that down as your colour :lol:

Oh, almost forgot... I coudn't tell if this had been decided or not... but the whole thing would be amazing if it were full damage... it keeps all the drivers honest, and leads to a more exciting race. Yes, some people could be innocently wrecked, but these races are long enough to be able to catch up if wrecked early. I am switching the Race Challenge Series (a series I host) to full damage for season 2, to make sure the drivers I get are actually serious about driving correctly.

I also host another league that have 2 races per week, a sprint race (light damage) and a championship (full damage) with a FIAGT points system. It seems to be a good balance, and the full damage races are pretty epic.

Just my thoughts and opinons, Steg, take em for what you think they are worth.

If the teams are like that, I wont be using matte pink. That was more for layvon... he likes that color for some reason. I'll keep my options open til I have a teammate.

Cool mate, season 1 drivers all get first choice on colour anyway :)

Damage has been the biggest talking point so far :lol:

Some are seriously in favour, some hate the idea and others are in the middle.

I can see us maybe using full damage, after a test run, on certain tracks that would be more forgiving to do so. I think it has been pretty much decided however that we will not use full damage for the majority of the season.

Cheers for your input bud, as always appreciated.
I will hit you with a pm on the ps with dates for practice & pre-season once they are decided ;)

Cool mate, season 1 drivers all get first choice on colour anyway :)

Damage has been the biggest talking point so far :lol:

Some are seriously in favour, some hate the idea and others are in the middle.

I can see us maybe using full damage, after a test run, on certain tracks that would be more forgiving to do so. I think it has been pretty much decided however that we will not use full damage for the majority of the season.

Cheers for your input bud, as always appreciated.
I will hit you with a pm on the ps with dates for practice & pre-season once they are decided ;)

Just to add to the damage debate I had a race ruined the other night because I picked up damage on lap 1. Had to pit: the combination of driving 3/4 of a lap with damage & the pit stop left me 55 sec behind. I did manage to catch up to 2nd & then guess what? Yup, more damage.

Those of you who have raced with me will be surprised that neither incident was my fault. The general standard of driving was not fantastic so you would hope it wouldn't happen with us but I do have to say, in the unlikely event of me ever challenging for the lead I'd be massively peeved if I lost it cos someone else braked late or clipped the track edge.

I completely agree with what you say Jack 👍

I too would be raging if my race was affected by someone else.

If we have heavy damage on for any races it would only be Monza, Fuji and/or Suzuka.

With the big run off areas on these tracks I think we could race here with heavy damage without much risk of a driver having his race ruined.

Everyone would just have to be patient, careful and choose overtakes wisely and I'm sure everyone is capable of that ;)

STEG-13
I completely agree with what you say Jack 👍

I too would be raging if my race was affected by someone else.

If we have heavy damage on for any races it would only be Monza, Fuji and/or Suzuka.

With the big run off areas on these tracks I think we could race here with heavy damage without much risk of a driver having his race ruined.

Everyone would just have to be patient, careful and choose overtakes wisely and I'm sure everyone is capable of that ;)

not sure about Suzuka...Gravel and more Gravel everywhere...The only run off areas are on Turn 1/2 and the 130R

Still... I would say wheel to wheel racing is easier at Suzuka than most tracks.

Even with gravel,drivers have a chance to back out moves that would result in damage.

Probably not mate, got Fifa 12 today, can't see me doing any practice laps.

I would school you at Fifa, with one hand, sleeping :)

Hi guys would it be possible for me to join this season

have raced as stand in at the NSX RM cup.👍

Hi guys would it be possible for me to join this season

have raced as stand in at the NSX RM cup.👍

Yeah Jamesy, no problem.

Same as everyone else though you will need to make it through the pre-season unscathed ;)

Really looking forward to this now :) Just wondering has a date been decided on for the first pre-season race yet?

Trial Mountain is the season opener but I was wondering if we are we going to have any pre-season practice races.

Teams are going to be decided on a user created track if I'm right, date is still to be decided I guess.

I'm also really looking forward to this! Wanna race more! :) Trail Mountain will make for an interesting first race I think. I thought it had already been decided that pre-season races are gonna take place. (Anybody know on which track the pre-season race is gonna be?)

If everyone is cool with it we will run the pre-season race one week before the season starts.

The track is one that I have created and is perfectly suited to testing you guys out :)

I'm also very much looking forward to this season, will be awesome being able to push without worrying about a glitch :lol:

You are right R35, if two drivers are in different tiers they can team up 👍

Yeah mate, will open the lounge 20-30 minutes before Quali, It's not a very long track so that should give everyone plenty of time :)

You just have to trust me that I will not practice on the track before then :lol:

I was going to use Mount Hilly, some of you will know it, but decided that it would be far to ridiculous to host a serious race there :lol:

Cheers mate 👍 would have liked a praccy session the night before but I guess some people may not make it and others would gain an advantage,
Not raced on your Mount Hilly track mate but I have a fair idea what it looks like :lol: I created a similliar one myself and raced the x1 around it against the AI... oh my days the carnage :lol:

Back